Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        ASE Shutdown FAQ (Use MaxBrowse, link inside)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: ASE Shutdown FAQ (Use MaxBrowse, link inside)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-22-2008 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It appears that Yahoo is shutting ASE down:

ASE Shutdown

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 03-22-2008 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

won't the trial still work regardless? other than support and *lol* development, what's to miss? i've always hated the fact that yahoo took it over.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 03-22-2008 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because of the fact that it was Yafool related, I switched to Qtracker. I use Yafool as a spam email and for people I don't like. Phuq them.

Qtracker RULZ!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

Seriously though. Qtracker even has radio stations to listen to while shootin up the place.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 03-24-2008 04:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's what a media player is for.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 03-24-2008 06:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TehChozenTwo wrote:
That's what a media player is for.

Fine. It's got a cool color to it. nah! :p

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 03-25-2008 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe ASE gets its server-lists from Yahoo, not from the appropriate master servers for the games. So, you'll probably find that when Yahoo switch off their servers, that it stops being able to find any new servers.

I added q3-engine support to MAXBrowse recently and keep meaning to release that, so maybe now is the time to finish off that 1 last issue ;)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-25-2008 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They should have mentioned MaxBrowse! :D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 05:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AnthonyJ wrote:
I added q3-engine support to MAXBrowse recently and keep meaning to release that, so maybe now is the time to finish off that 1 last issue ;)

That would be appreciated. Thanks.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 04-01-2008 01:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unisaw wrote:
AnthonyJ wrote:

That would be appreciated. Thanks.

Done ;)

http://www.q4max.com now has the download links for MAXBrowse 1.2, which has Q3, ET, ETQW and Warsow support (as well as D3, Q4, and Prey, which it already supported).

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-12-2008 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It seems to work just as it worked before - at least for now...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-13-2008 06:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

(I double post cuz there's more than a day passed after the first post)

I seem to have problems with Qtracker. - it doesn't detect some servers. Nga.elekta.lt:xxxxxxx and q3.catchgamer.no:xxxxxxx are the ones I saw he doesn't detect, but probably it's missing more.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 04-24-2008 06:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

w0rt3x wrote:
(I double post cuz there's more than a day passed after the first post)

I seem to have problems with Qtracker. - it doesn't detect some servers. Nga.elekta.lt:xxxxxxx and q3.catchgamer.no:xxxxxxx are the ones I saw he doesn't detect, but probably it's missing more.

did you ask about that in the qtracker forum?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-01-2008 01:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

§ìgñå wrote:
did you ask about that in the qtracker forum?

no :) But I think its a question of some filters and stuff, so I decided to ask users first.

no u
no u
PostPosted: 05-30-2008 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Nga.elekta.lt:xxxxxxx and q3.catchgamer.no:xxxxxxx

I just loaded up qtracker and it's finding multiple servers under both of those. There was a recent fix in his server parser last week that fixed some cpma servers from not showing up. There is a post about it in the qtracker forums about it.

If you find any others not showing up, post any ip's you think its not finding and I'll ask them to look into it.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-30-2009 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have continued to update me online one.. ir has a 30 min cache (no wait time) but live players shown if you click the server.

Also.. I have linked maps.. well custom ones people might not have. I wont have all of them ofc

http://clanarena.org/arena/

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-18-2010 09:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just a heads-up, if you're sorely missing ASE, as I am (it's the only external game-browser I've ever used that didn't knock me offline when fetching/refreshing lists -- including MAXBrowse, I'm sad to report), but you've still got it installed: don't uninstall it! Ever! Backup the program folder now! You can't reinstall it, because it phones home (and gets no response) during installation. It's worth backing up because you CAN still use it, as long as you get your server lists from elsewhere and manually import them. That's what I was doing: fetch a list with another browser (and get knocked offline in the process); import into ASE; keep refreshing that list until it starts to grow thin as servers go offline. I made the mistake of not backing it up prior to a format, because I figured I could reinstall it. Now I'm stuck with in-game browsers, which pretty much all suck, to the point that it's almost preferable to deal with the lost connection (and sometimes-necessary reboot to get it back).

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 02-19-2010 09:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You get knocked off-line by using MAXBrowse? I guess your network doesn't like lots of connections at once or something?

Try going to view -> settings, and slide the "query multiple servers" down from 20 down to a lower number (maybe even as low as 1 for testing), and see if that makes it work.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 03-03-2010 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.bdamage.se/

"The open source project Game Scanner is a lightweight, non-bloated and low-memory footprint free software for easy browsing of your favorite or any supported internet game servers without starting the game itself."

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 03-05-2010 09:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

k, but does it work.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-03-2015 06:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just installed QTracker yesterday. It rocks! ioquake3, Unreal Tournament, Unreal 1, Quake (even Darkplaces support!), Wolfenstein, that's a lot of fun games I have that qtracker support!
Though I wish it also supported Need for Speed: Underground 2 and Rise of Nations as well. ;)
Recommended.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-15-2016 03:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welcome all on this forum. Firstly I click to this thread. Yes, QTracker have many old games and is the best. Image

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.