Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Diablo III

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Diablo III

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

old...

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That looks awesome. Locust swarms, infected mongrels and walls of summoned zombies? rawr

This might be my first PC game purchase in a long time.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 07:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/06/28/diabl ... -overload/

Expect Turb to be knocking one out furiously for the next 3 weeks...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 07:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And Memph, you just got over World of Warcrack - this could potentially destroy you.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 07:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seeing as its not made by the same people.. meh

might still be good mind

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 08:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

time to quit my job

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 08:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hiya Turb :)

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 09:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i need to finish uni... fast...

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 09:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think watching the gameplay video made me addicted to Diablo III....already.

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 10:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ooh, I'm buying that.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Definately looks like hours of kick-ass.

I'm not gonna buy it though. I'm gonna steal it. Turns out, I spent all my money on heathcare insurance premiums 'cause of fat people. :disgust:

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 12:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi som

i suggest people start saving up money, cause gonna have to be able to pay the electricity some how when the realms come online, might aswell prepare resignation letters forwork and/or course postponement documents....

oh, start divorce proceedings now too, don't really want that shit going on whilst we're trying to combat the erruption of evil from the depths of hell

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 01:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: omg

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

fuck.... so much for the habit of going to sleep at night and waking up in the morning; feeling refreshed and awake all day.
Was a novel concept while it lasted.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bunch of nerdy faggots in this thread... kbye

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 05:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm still in the "Diablo players are nerdy virgin faggots" camp, but this one does look somewhat entertaining.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 05:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diablo doesnt fall into the realm of orcs and elves type fantasy faggotry. You just kill a fuck load of demons, and that's cool. Not sure where the nerdy thing comes in.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I couldn't get past the "halo style flood type enemy" at the start, or whatever those little spider things were called. but the orgasmic response to this game is somewhat entertaining, carry on.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 05:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DooMer wrote:
Diablo doesnt fall into the realm of orcs and elves type fantasy faggotry. You just kill a fuck load of demons, and that's cool. Not sure where the nerdy thing comes in.

You've met Turb, right?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 06:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Regardless, killing demons is cool. Otherwise, you would be dissing Doom which is absolute blasphemy.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 06-28-2008 06:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks like single player Guild Wars

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 12:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mmmm yeah I don't know about this. I am not one of those dudes that spent five years playing Diablo 2. For those of you that are big fans of the series, help me figure out what's really cool about it.

For me, it looks like running into tons of enemies at once, and then click-spamming them them all until they die. I know that Diablo is championed because of its simplicity, but if that's really all there is to it, and it's not really built upon in this one, sadly I would guess that I won't play it much.

So what am I missing about the greatness of Diablo? And if I am pretty accurate on my assumption toward the gameplay, how is that appealing to those of you that really like it? Curious because this game's look and feel so far are so awesome that I don't want to be let down by "simple" spam clicking all day.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 12:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
looks like single player Guild Wars

ive never played guild wars before, but diablo is multiplayer

Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 03:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks very nice, lots of fun

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 05:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mogul wrote:
Mmmm yeah I don't know about this. I am not one of those dudes that spent five years playing Diablo 2. For those of you that are big fans of the series, help me figure out what's really cool about it.

For me, it looks like running into tons of enemies at once, and then click-spamming them them all until they die. I know that Diablo is championed because of its simplicity, but if that's really all there is to it, and it's not really built upon in this one, sadly I would guess that I won't play it much.

So what am I missing about the greatness of Diablo? And if I am pretty accurate on my assumption toward the gameplay, how is that appealing to those of you that really like it? Curious because this game's look and feel so far are so awesome that I don't want to be let down by "simple" spam clicking all day.

for me it's about character building, collecting the weapons, trading them, customising them and finally building experience and assigning skill points. using this combination you can building classes of characters that fight the battle in their own unique way... so it can be quite nerdy in that way but it's very addictive because once you get your concept your head, there's this vicous cycle of trying to refine the character build into the perfect one...

the multiplayer aspect is quite social and important, you can see from the gameplay demo that the game as a barbarian alone would be quite tedious (having to kill each enemy one by one), but as a witchdoctor you can kill big groups quickly using locus swarms, but the witchdoctors weakness is he's more vunerable to attack so needs someone like the big hulking barb to keep the demons at bay whilst he works his magic... because of scenarios like this you end up relying on your friends a lot to make up for your character weaknesses, and there's nothing more satisfying that walking into an impossible scenario with your "mates" and coming out the victors.

if you're just playing the game to complete it once, then it's a boring click-spam-fest

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder, is this going to be a one-off payment or MMO (aka cashcow) style for on-line play?

I also hope it's much longer than Diablo II, which was far too short.

edit: that also reminds me of the time I was playing it on LAN with a mate, we'd played for several hours and reached the final boss level and was just about to win. We decided we wanted a break so I paused and alt-tabbed out the game to check something only for the game to crash and it wiping out our progress >:E

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i will destroy u...

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 08:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is one game i'm happy to pay monthly for (which it no doubt will be)... whats gonna suck though is having to pay for each account, muling equipment is going to be an expensive habit.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

monthly fees? i doubt it...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 11:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

one of diablo's strenghts was the jump-in free multiplayer. i doubt theyre going to ditch that in favor of 'elitist' pay-accounts

PostPosted: 06-29-2008 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea, I'm sure they'll ditch the opportunity to make a lot of money because of that

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 01:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I played diablo 2 a bit but kinda got put off by it when they nerfed the necro. I loved corpse explosion but they completely killed it so I stopped playing. Frankly this doesn't look much different than the second one.

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doom 2 is to Doom 3 as Diablo 2 is to Diablo 3.

Thats what I'm feeling now. The only reasons I liked Diablo 2 havnt been unfolded in Diablo 3 yet.. except the finger numbing clicking. It needs to show more than that though.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-29-2008 06:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:drool:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-30-2008 12:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grudge wrote:
yea, I'm sure they'll ditch the opportunity to make a lot of money because of that

they already have WoW for that.
you think every free online game would be as succesful as if they were to make it payperplay?

using that logic, devs have been doing things wrong for years!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.