Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        MONKEYS of DOOM mod/map-pack

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: MONKEYS of DOOM mod/map-pack

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 09-23-2008 12:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here comes a co-production by sst13 (http://sst13.net/) and myself:

The MONKEYS of DOOM - version of sst13's "Floating Stonefaces " map! The basic layout stayed the same, skybox, jumppads, plants and sounds are new. Now it looks like this:

As long as stand-alone MONKEYS of DOOM isn't finished you can play the map with a little mod-pack I put together. It consists of six player models, four weapons and a couple of items and goodies. - Everything you need for a full-toon experience of "Floating Stonefaces"!

Here are the two files and what you have to do with them: http://www.monkeysofdoom.org/mod_new_files.htm

Hope you have fun!

PS: Thanks to everybody on the board who helped with this!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 09-24-2008 07:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Haven't had a chance to play the map, but it looks great!

I for one can't wait for Monkeys of Doom. Of all the mods and standalone games being produced for any of the Quake engines, this game (imho) outshines them all. The quality of artwork is superb and lends a refreshingly unique style to the game.

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 09-24-2008 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Played the version you posted in the WIP thread and as I already mentioned then, it was great fun. Downloading this version now.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-25-2008 06:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sadly, it'll be another 2 weeks before I can get home to actually play this map. I'm halfway across the world from home. Looks awesome, glad the smoke worked out perfectly.

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 09-26-2008 12:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good to read that you guys like the new stuff. - Thanks a lot! :D

phantazm11 wrote:
I for one can't wait for Monkeys of Doom.

I was thinking about releasing the stand-alone game together with "Floating Stonefaces" but decided not to. Reason is that in my opinion Monkeys of Doom is pretty complete in the matter of it's graphical style but the game-play should differ a little from "normal" Quake3, too.

What I have in mind are small, open 1-on-1 arenas with a lot of jumpings and movable elements. Maybe like a mixture of a shooter and a jump'n'run game. Or a Q3-Donkeykong..? :paranoid:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-26-2008 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

does this have bot support?

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 09-26-2008 11:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.