Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        beta 3 kat1024 (little rock) by kat

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: beta 3 kat1024 (little rock) by kat

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 09:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[UPDATE] 13th April 05
=====================================
This is *just* the BSP and associated assets.
http://www.infosprite.com/members/kat/b ... at1024.zip @c.2.7MB

beta 3.1 with the fixes to the problems below and the addition of Yellow armour. I can't say that it improves *bot* that I can see but it'll be something for huu-mans to fight over.!

Remove the old beta3*pk3 and drop the new one in it's place. No change in the multiplant pack and only minor changes to the assets pack so I'll upload those again on final.

Thanks for the feedback.

=====================================

ok.. hopefully *this* is the last beta.. !

I had some problems uploading the file so if you get any probs with it let me know.

Zip file includes
- multiplant
- updated *.map + editor assets
- beta3 BSP

http://www.infosprite.com/members/kat/k ... master.zip c.7.2MB

fix list
- upper spawn points buried in clip (bots wouldn't use them)
- fixed and remapped a couple of UVW fugglies
- added missing 'nateplants' (mushroom etc..)
- new texture blended to rock (mossy)
- misc tweeks and fiddles

Last edited by Kat on 04-13-2005 03:02 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello Mr. Kat,

I've always loved your cave/rock maps, so thought it worth a dl, even on dialup! ;)

I can't remember how to take ss in .jpg, and no longer have a method of working w/tga's after my last hd crash, but I only saw one thing that looked iffy.

I know the jp's were supposed to look broken, but on the very bottom, the jp looked as if it had overdraw on it. Don't know if that's the way you intended it to look or not, but I thought I'd mention it.

Another great map sir, thanks very much for sharing.

thanks,
json

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmmm I've not spotted anything obvious but I'll have another look to see if I can find it. (F11 should take screenies btw)

The final release will be in two packs... one big one with everything in it and smaller dialup friendly packs where the zips in the master file will be available separeately - don't worry I have nay forgotten the dialup bretheran ;)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

F-11 by default shoots .tga's, which I can't work w/until I get my software back on this box.

Like I said, it may be an intentional look you're going for. It just looked like overdraw.

good times,
json

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

/bind f11 screenshotjpeg

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 04-10-2005 09:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Or press printscreen and ctrl+v into mspaint.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 04:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

very hard to take many screenshots that way

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 04:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i use to do it that way till some 1 told me of f11 :S

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

\bind f11 "cg_draw2d 0;cg_drawgun 0;cl_noprint 1;wait;wait;wait;wait;screenshotJPEG;wait;wait;wait;wait;cl_noprint 0;cg_drawgun 1;cg_draw2d 1"

I forgot how to take mute shots, so noprint 1 will have to do. :P

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 08:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kaziganthe wrote:
So about his map...
lol, yeah. Bots should work as well as they can in this type of map now. The previous version had a couple of buried spawn points up top which ment they weren't using them. Klesk still 'owns'. That was the only 'major' thing that needed fixing so aside from the UVWmap tweeks that's about it.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 08:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Let's get some games on it, you avail tonight? ;)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 11:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't run a server.. I've been trying for months now and although it sets up without a hitch it can't be seen or accessed from the outside world even though the ports and permissions have been set in my firewall app correctly.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You could join mine! Btw, gameplay wise, I think it needs some armor on the bottom, like a yellow one or such.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 01:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

voodoochopstiks wrote:
You could join mine! Btw, gameplay wise, I think it needs some armor on the bottom, like a yellow one or such.
It originally had Red armour up top to encourgae movement around the map. As it stands putting too many 'powerups' may not be a good idea - considering megahealth is up top - you wouldn't really want to give access to both of those at the same time in such a small map.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maybe a red and a yellow, no MH?

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 04-11-2005 02:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, but right now, the only good item is up top, and nothing else is avail. , no need to move from there.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 04-12-2005 11:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

z fighting in the first screeny on the bounce pad ;)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 07:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
z fighting in the first screeny on the bounce pad ;)
eh? Oh heh.. nah that's not z-fighting, that bit of jump pad is broken and what you're seeing is the 'stone' underneath where the jumppad has been chipped away.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The moss is a nice touch. Softens up the map a little. I now realize that the plants were a bit out of place, growing on hard rock. Now with the moss, it looks much more natural.

UVW mapping greatly improved too.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 10:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bots seem to get stuck here a lot. They're trying to get through the doorway but keep hitting something.

Dammut! He got me! I still won 20 to 5 (3 of those he shot me while I was trying to take screenshots). Just a funny pic I wanted to share.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bots are serious chat fraggers.!

Bot getting stuck may be a small cluster portal they're trying to get to rather than clip although I've wiggled that area a little bit. That 'seam' isn't a smoothgrouping error persay but something caused by the model being split there. I've re-edited that mesh a little bit so there isn't a seam there (it's been moved further round).

I'll have to make this next one the final beta as I'm loosing time on some other projects.

Last edited by Kat on 04-13-2005 03:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

beta 3.1 updated above. Fixes problems mentioned above and adds Yellow amour ;)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, looks good from here... time to wrap it up for final?

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 08:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kat wrote:

;)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-13-2005 09:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
Kat wrote:

;)
It cost you know.. I took out the shotty, doesn't effect gameplay much with it gone mind you..!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.