Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Vista folder view/favorite links

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Vista folder view/favorite links

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-26-2009 09:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I use to have the standard folder tree in the left pane of windows explorer, I also had "favorite links" which took up the top 1/4 of the left side. I liked this, but now its fucked up.

I have the option to either display the folders OR the favorite links....you click on one and it expands it the full length of the left pane....how do i fix this?

thanks

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-26-2009 09:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Have you tried degaussing your monitor?

http://www.petri.co.il/working_with_fav ... _vista.htm

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-26-2009 09:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh shit, that was easy. you're good.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 03-05-2009 09:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Have you tried degaussing your monitor?

http://www.petri.co.il/working_with_fav ... _vista.htm

Gawd, I forgot all about degaussing :confused:

Shit, I hope I will be alwright :olo: :olo:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-06-2009 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a bit of an inside joke from the IRC channel. DooMer still uses a CRT monitor, so we often give him the rub about degaussing monitors to fix any computer problems.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-06-2009 07:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i do too :paranoid:

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 03-06-2009 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a crt on one of my comps (sucker weighs 'bout 2 ton). I like it.

But.... what does degaussing mean?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-06-2009 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 03-06-2009 11:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So... if the coil is failing, would that cause an intermittent vibration on the screen? And possibly an indentation on one side of the screen?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.