Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-18-2009 11:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Proposal

chickflick, obviously. some funny moments tho, and I just like Ryan Reynolds' mimicry :)

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 06-20-2009 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eden Lake.

Jesus fucking christ, if you want to see some disturbing shit, see this.
A couple go vacationing in the woods, and are confronted by the local chav youths.
They somehow rub them the wrong way, of course, and have to deal with the consequences.

I've seen movies with a similar premise, like Deliverance, but, although there's no 'squeal like a pig' scene, this film trumps even that, with shear terror and awefulness.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-20-2009 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

commando: -9000/10 - i'd forgotten just how laugh-out-loud god-awful this movie is

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-20-2009 02:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Prestige

meh

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-20-2009 08:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did a Terminator marathon before watching the new one...

Terminator: 7/10
Terminator 2: 8/10
Terminator 3: 5/10
Terminator Salvation: 7/10

I wish they showed a little bit more of why John Connor was supposed to be the awesome leader that he was made to be. Batman voice on the radio doesn't quite cut it. As it was, the movie wasn't about Connor at all and almost entirely about Marcus, which I suppose was the redeeming factor of an otherwise shitty movie.

Star Trek: 8/10
Enjoyable for the non-Star Trek fan. For purists, it may seem a little "odd". I suppose this is all "alternate reality" or something so it wouldn't matter much anyway.

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 06-21-2009 03:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
MST3K: Manos the Hands of Fate

8/10 for the comedy, -97/10 for the actual movie. makes plan 9 from outer space look like schindler's list

Haha, mystery science theater tears this one apart pretty good. Its one the few i actually remember.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop - 5/10 - Had it's funny moments, not worth watching again. Ever.
The Taken - 7/10 - I recommend the watch. It was good the first time...
Valkyrie - 6/10 - Anyone but Tom Cruise would have made this a good movie. Obviously it would help to be interested in the topic.
My Bloody Valentine - 1/10 - You and i both know what a fucking joke this was. My favorite part is how you can tell which parts would have been '3-D- in the theater because they are outlines in a silvery-white color in the movie.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 06-21-2009 07:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

vileliquid1026 wrote:
Valkyrie - 6/10 - Anyone but Tom Cruise would have made this a good movie. Obviously it would help to be interested in the topic.

I've always been interested in this topic, so, I ad one fer that. Fer the most part, I didn't really notice that Tom Cruise was even there... so, one more fer that. I thought it was pretty good. 8/10

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-22-2009 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Crank 2:

awesome/10

I just realized that the asian guy at the race track who catches Chev's gf's panties is somebody I went to elementary, middle, and highschool with.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-22-2009 02:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transformers 2. 6/10.

Typical Bay. so much camera pan it almost made me sick. disjointed story line and action. bad voice timing from the robots, normally prime. Explosions... every fucking thing blows up and not just a fuel type explosion, more like a oil refinery type Bunsfield affair.

Having said that if you can get past bay it's OK, i enjoyed it. some of the effects are outstanding. the SFX team must be pissed off when they find out the next job is a bay film.
Still, it's a shame Bay is doing this, could be much more.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 06-22-2009 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

terminator:salvation - 6 or 7/10

really not that bad, especially after the last one. dark and comic book'ish and only mentions time travel as a tangible fate for the characters to deal with. the guy playing the cyborg murderer outshines christian bale, who doesn't have a lot to work with.

...not sure why he did it or why they picked him. maybe if michael ironside's part had been merged into bale's or if they'd spent half a minute on cgi that gave a clue of the scale/structure of the resistance and connor's place in it, he might've been believable as a leader. as it was, his main sense of authority came from randomly picking up the blower to breath heavily at people living in some sort of perpetual duran duran video.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-23-2009 02:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
...to breath heavily at people living in some sort of perpetual duran duran video.

:olo:

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 06-24-2009 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Hangover - 8/10 - i laughed my ass right the fuck off. i would've given it 9, but they gave away far too much in the trailers.

Knight of the Sad Countenance
PostPosted: 06-24-2009 08:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The End- 7/10

Interesting doc. interviewing old school east end London gangsters/ Hardmen.

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

PostPosted: 06-25-2009 03:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

menkent wrote:
The Hangover - 8/10 - i laughed my ass right the fuck off. i would've given it 9, but they gave away far too much in the trailers.

paging dr. faggot

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 06-27-2009 10:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

UP
9/10

the "3D" showing was definitely worth the extra $1

PostPosted: 06-27-2009 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

push - 5/10

convoluted and silly, but marginally better than other stuff in the same stable (wanted, eagle eye etc).

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 06-27-2009 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Push - 6/10
City of Ember 4/10
Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li 5/10
The Horsemen 4/10
Transformers 2 - 9/10 Really enjoyed this one for the type of movie it was. Good action, special effects, and more backstory.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-27-2009 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
4days wrote:
...to breath heavily at people living in some sort of perpetual duran duran video.

speaking of perpetual duran duran videos, just watched:

the terminator - 6/10 - not nearly as enjoyable as T2, and i was amazed at how similar it was in so many ways (apart from budget of course) to the kind of thing the MST3K guys would have ripped apart (i'm thinking 'future wars' etc)

also, lol @ the 80s: walkmans the size of laptops, telephone books in phone booths, bad haircuts, shitty synth-pop, and everyone's default behaviour mode is "complete arsehole"

FAHK YOU AHS-HAWL

PostPosted: 06-27-2009 04:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diving bell and the Butterfly : 9/10 :up: :up:

Brilliant true story of a guy who suffers a massive stroke, he is almost completely paralyzed, except for the use of one eye.
Later, Through a system developed with therapy, where his therapist goes through the alphabet and he blinks at the letter he wants and she writes it down...... he manages to write an entire book. A fantastic film.

A lot of people would say it's a bad idea, on your first day out of prison, to go right back to stalking the tranny hooker that knocked out five of your teeth. But that's how I roll..

PostPosted: 06-27-2009 05:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

7zark7 wrote:
Diving bell and the Butterfly : 9/10 :up: :up:

Brilliant true story of a guy who suffers a massive stroke, he is almost completely paralyzed, except for the use of one eye.
Later, Through a system developed with therapy, where his therapist goes through the alphabet and he blinks at the letter he wants and she writes it down...... he manages to write an entire book. A fantastic film.

God, you're such a fucking hipster.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-27-2009 07:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Up (3-D): 8/10

Pixar pleases. This one feels a little different than some of the other Pixar films. Hilarious and sentimental. Great characters, especially the non-human ones.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 06-27-2009 08:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pumping Iron 8/10

How can you not enjoy watching this? Really.

PostPosted: 06-27-2009 08:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hahaha, classic movie

anybody seen my blue shirt?

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 06-27-2009 08:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Generation Kill - 9/10 - good ensemble acting, minimal sappy Spielberg moments (band of brothers?)... well, i at least appreciate that the marines aren't the victims of some abstract fate (like Pvt Ryan), but rather blatant individual stupidity and misguided ambitions.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 06-27-2009 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transformers 2. 7/10

Fantastic action. Superior slo-Mos of Megan. Some dialog seemed a bit ridiculous, which is why it got a 7 instead of an 8.

PostPosted: 06-28-2009 03:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:

How the fuck does that make me a hipster? :disgust:

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 06-28-2009 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transformers - 5/10
Transformer 2 - 4/10

Some of the best green screen and computer effects i've ever seen. but beyond that not worth watching ever again. Typical Michael Bay orgy of slow motion running away from stuff blowing up, obvious characters and situations, and empty plot. John Tuturo saved the cast :up:

Star Trek - 7/10
Movie surprised me by being pretty good. :olo: @ J.J. Abram's love affair with time travel. Seriously is time travel that guy's answer to any problem?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-28-2009 11:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brick - 9/10

the best film i've seen in the last three months :up:

PostPosted: 06-29-2009 01:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

7zark7 wrote:
feedback wrote:

How the fuck does that make me a hipster? :disgust:

Because you drink PBR. Probably.

PostPosted: 06-29-2009 02:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PBR? The only person I've ever heard mention that beer is Dennis Hopper in Blue velvet.

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 07-01-2009 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transformers 2 - 1/10

Bloody awful dialogue and acting - EVERY fucking scene with that stupid soldier guy in it made me cringe... random cockney (?) stealthfighter transformer, many MANY wtf moments.

The "old" transformers story was completely raped in the first film, and I was going into this film prepared to accept that and see what happened... but this new imagining of the transformers barely makes any sense at the best of times.

The pisspoor re-design of the autobots/decepticons was universal, barring the effort that went into Prime and bumblebee. In any fight that didn't involve those two (or the few glimpses of 'the other yellow one') the two factions are pretty much indistinguishable (hint - if they're standing beside the soldiers and not shooting at them, they're autobots).

michael bay... he learnt how to do 'explody' at film school, but that seems to be the extent of his prowess.

a 'prime' example of how uber-effects and cgi does not make a good movie.

oh and the film is longer than this post - and you feel every fucking minute of it (in a bad way)...

PostPosted: 07-01-2009 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

transformers 2 - 2/10
a bout of hot, watery diarrhea during an epileptic seizure that somehow still manages to be boring. the sambo-bot twins are downright fucking bewildering and everything else makes even less sense. optimus prime's booming camp narration from the back of a cereal packet is shakespeare next to the sci-fi channel extra that voices the spy plane,. ..and vesp is right, 'transformers two: revenge of the fallen' is an unbelievably long and tedious movie that drags like a burning contractor behind a toyota.

the parts where megan fox's glistening tits bounce up and down in slow motion as things explode behind her are ok.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-01-2009 06:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:
Transformer 2 - 4/10

Some of the best green screen and computer effects i've ever seen. but beyond that not worth watching ever again. Typical Michael Bay orgy of slow motion running away from stuff blowing up, obvious characters and situations, and empty plot. John Tuturo saved the cast :up:

That's about how I'd sum it up.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-01-2009 06:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
transformers 2 - 2/10

an unbelievably long and tedious movie that drags like a burning contractor behind a toyota.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 07-01-2009 08:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Transformers 2. 6/10.

Typical Bay. so much camera pan it almost made me sick. disjointed story line and action. bad voice timing from the robots, normally prime. Explosions... every fucking thing blows up and not just a fuel type explosion, more like a oil refinery type Bunsfield affair.

Having said that if you can get past bay it's OK, i enjoyed it. some of the effects are outstanding. the SFX team must be pissed off when they find out the next job is a bay film.
Still, it's a shame Bay is doing this, could be much more.

Most pathetic review ever. 1/10.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.