Quake3World.com Forums
     ET: Quake Wars Discussion
        Wow...the Australian ETQW scene sucks balls

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Wow...the Australian ETQW scene sucks balls

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-30-2009 03:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Only ONE server with a ping lower than 250 and it's full of idiots.

If it's not the constant votes from whiny no0bs (Recruit rank) for kicking people after accidental tks (no obsidian...I'm not one of them) to the morons who plant bombs on their own vehicles...without even bothering to use them as "missiles". They just fly/drive them until they explode...more often than not with them still in it. Then there's the morons who literally SCREAM into their microphone to say such intelligent things like "I'm gay!", "I'm white and hate N.IGGERS!" and the always popular "Waalaaalaaallaalaaa! Hahahahahaa! Waalaaalaaallaalaaa!". Then - just to ease my frustration level - I'll usually hop into a flying vehicle and tk them just for fun which - most times - causes them to scream nonsense even loader into their mics. They don't even complain when I tk them...they just spew more noise.

I can only sit here and laugh that these morons spent $100 AUS to connect to the one good server out here just to act stupid...without even bothering to play the game. They'll sit in a hidden place and make stupid noises into their mics or tk the fuck out of their teammates.

What a waste of bandwidth.

Seriously...I'm thinking of getting another system just to make a server since my options out here are quite shit. Prolly in a couple of months. I'll probably have tons of fun banning morons. :olo:

On the plus side, my ping to North American servers (around 250) is playable. The only problem is that you fagg0ts never play any more. If you're playing on weekends between 7 PM and 10 PM (EST) let me know and we'll hook up.

Don't get me wrong...there are some good players on this side of the globe, but there are indeed 3-5 times as many idiots. I've never rage-quit this many times in my life...and I've only been playing online here one measly fucking week.

Last edited by GONNAFISTYA on 08-30-2009 06:41 AM, edited 2 times in total.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-30-2009 04:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Welcome to the horrors of online gaming in non American/Euro timezones :D

The original ET community a couple years ago was decent, but the overall lack of players is a serious issue =/

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-30-2009 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just to prove U4EA's point how useless alot of players are over here...

NO LIE

I just finished one campaign and I got EVERY SINGLE OBJECTIVE IN EVERY MAP - including capturing forward spawns - FOR 3 ROUNDS IN A ROW...because my team was too useless to help.

It's also funny when oppressors/field ops on your team ALWAYS nuke or airstrike the objective (or the path to the objective) like they're actually helping.

And I can't help but laugh at fagg0ts who are afraid to die in this game. They refuse to push forward and will sit on some hill (or crate) and fight from there. Pussies. :olo:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-30-2009 05:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow... if you're owning them hard, they REALLY must suck. :owned:

FYI, that kid screaming into his mic like a retard... that's probably lawl. You should have stayed in the civilized part of the world.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-01-2009 03:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

fuck u....

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-01-2009 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hop on the IRC channel if you want a game. That's where everyone schedules games for L4D, CoH, QL, etc.

Just say something like, "DooMer's mom is a ________________, let's play ETQW."

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-02-2009 12:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

agreed. even if you dont want to play, hop on the irc channel.

you too can make fun of any q3w member you want !

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-02-2009 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah but...if I go on IRC...there will be nerds there.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-02-2009 03:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no nerds, only geeks. and shaft.

cept for you.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-02-2009 04:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Weeknight Aussie ETQW rounds are much better after finding the other Australian server. :)

I'll hop on irc once in a while.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-02-2009 04:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Closing Link: mib_vhj51o by wineasy2.se.quakenet.org (G-lined)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 09-02-2009 04:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

blame doomer, he's a cunt

http://webchat.quakenet.org/

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-02-2009 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, I saw this on sale at Game for 14 AUD and grabbed it. In my first two matches I had no clue what to do (not having played this before) but still managed to score a bunch of medals at the end (kill count and accuracy and one other I can't remember) .. which is more a testament to how shit everyone else was than anything else (considering I haven't played a multiplayer FPS in ~4-5 years or so and was never that good to begin with).

No communication or coordination at all, people just running around doing random crap =/

I'll do some bot matches to get familiar with the maps and objectives over the next few days.

What servers do you guys play on?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-02-2009 08:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Closing Link: mib_vhj51o by wineasy2.se.quakenet.org (G-lined)

The IRC link on the forum is broken. It took DooMer 4 years to get my Q3W email working and then it only worked for 2 months because of the migration. No word on when he gets around to fixing IRC. :rolleyes:

Use MKJ's link or try this:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-04-2009 03:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
What servers do you guys play on?

Welcome aboard. :)

I usually play on "Goto and PROsies < 3 Shack (no space in < and 3) IP: 203.14.173.243:27733

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-05-2009 03:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have about 10 decent servers I can choose from, here in The Netherlands.
They usually all ping < 50, and have experienced players, who pretty much all have gotten to know eachother.
Focussed on the objective, and helping eachother out.

Only occasionally you get the odd noob, who then gets swiftly kicked :up:

You'd think that, after 2 years, you'd have ended up with only the serious players, but noobs will probably keep dripping in, after picking it up from the bargain bin.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-05-2009 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Only occasionally you get the odd noob, who then gets swiftly kicked :up:

i take it you mean players who are acting like dicks, not just new players.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-06-2009 04:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, you're right. I should have used another term, like trolls (who I assume are noobs, but the reverse isn't necessarily true, of course).

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-08-2009 06:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I need to spend some more time on this I think...

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 09-08-2009 10:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 09-08-2009 10:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't played in 4 months? WTF

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-08-2009 06:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hannibal wrote:
I haven't played in 4 months? WTF

The stats site (separate from ETQW) has been fucked for a very long time. If you hit F5 you'll get different info.

The best way to check your stats is under "Persistent Stats" within the game GUI.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-09-2009 07:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Was fun playing you on the hess server just now, gky (definitely one of my favorite servers).
Seeing how you owned with a 350 ping against our euro 50 pings, it must be good to realise you're not restricted to retarded aussie servers :)

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-09-2009 07:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Yeah...but it was really fucking hard to fly anything...although I managed to blow you out of the sky once. :)

I'll join more often if you agree to jump on a server over here from time to time...we'll take turns being the LPB. :)

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-12-2009 06:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So how was it with a 350 ping? Takes some getting used to, eh? :olo:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-12-2009 06:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fucking atrocious.

Weird thing is, the server I joined you on yesterday was fine (as in: I pinged even lower than you on it, hehe).

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-18-2009 05:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

I got kicked and banned for ownage with the Tormentor. The admin simply couldn't beat me in a dogfight (and I kept killing all their turrets) so on 3 separate occasions he kept switching me to his team (which unbalanced the teams so I'd switch back immediately) and then on the 4th time he kicked and temp banned me.

I went back on his server an hour later and asked him specifically why he did what he did and he had the lamest excuses I've ever heard. He was on my team so I could use VoIP and thankfully he had VoIP so we could cut through the bullshit fairly quickly. And...to make matters even more ridiculous, he said that my game nic ([Q3W]GONNAFISTYA) "might" be offensive to some players. I laughed in his ear and said it had nothing to do with the game itself...and that "this isn't a church game". Then more excuses and then he finally shut up when I suggested he ban people for T-baggin, which I'm sure lamers also find offensive. :p

I fully expected to be kicked and banned again but he let the match play out (probably because I was on his team and smashing the other team...so he could finally win a match). At least he wasn't a complete prick when I asked him why he kicked me. :up:

Then I switched over to another server and watched in utter shock about 15 votes to kick players (not me) within about 10 seconds. It was hilarious...one vote would pop up...then another within one second, then two more bam bam within one second, then another then another then another.

Oh boy. Couple that with the retards who purposefully hop in the MCP just to drive it into the exit of our base and block the road with it...not even trying to drive it to the objective. It's too bad you can't vote to kick people out of the MCP. :olo:

I'm making a server in a few months and I know several good players that I will invite to play there. The rest of the idiots (and it's always the same idiots) will simply be banned outright. :up: The fortunate thing about having only two servers to play on out here is that I'm familiar with who will be banned the instant they connect. :olo:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-18-2009 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Let me know what the IP of the server is when you get it set up, I need to start making a comeback into this game and need noobs to kill for a warm-up.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-18-2009 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I prefer playing with the no0bs out here since they're actually playing the game instead of getting pissed off at getting fragged and trying to kick whoever fragged them. Some players out here really are full of themselves, despite sucking balls (and losing) every match they play.

It's hilarious...one guy actually has "50 Reasons For Being Kicked" in his config...they're very funny to read and showcase the retardedness of the situation out here. He also calls out known idiot players in his list. :olo:

Tonite I had a fresh no0b on my team and he actually listened to my advice and was playing much better by the end of the campaign. So maybe by then the no0bs won't be such a pushover. :p

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-18-2009 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Noooo! Stop training them! I need my warmup cannon fodder noobs!

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-02-2009 10:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Some of the guys on Goto and PROsies < 3 Shack just bitched me out the moment I connected to their server. Apparently some of them didn't like this thread and I was greeted with "So what's your problem with this server?"

Even though I hadn't played in well over a week I have no doubt they were waiting for me connect so they could call me out for what I've said here. Some of them said "I couldn't say it to their faces" but that's BS as I've called them out on the servers many times by text and VoIP. I even pointed out where they could find this thread and read if for themselves. And their bitter childishness was clearly evident as they simply could not stop typing to me and whining...and calling me "racist" against Aussies. :olo:

But the biggest insult they threw my way was calling me an American. :mad: :olo:

I spent most of the next two rounds pointing out the reasons I made this thread and defending what I said here...instead of fragging and playing the game. One of them said,"We pay for the privilege to play here."...whatever that meant. I guess that means if they run the server they can act stupid or something. Then of course they voted to kick me which entirely proved my point in making this thread.

One of the players who didn't read this thread (and didn't bitch at me) asked what I had said and I mentioned a few things including the constant votes to kick and he agreed. Then the guy who initially called me out said "there's only 2 or 3 morons who spam vote" and I couldn't help but laugh as that's simply not true and is easily the largest problem on that server. Remember this post I made earlier?

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
Then I switched over to another server and watched in utter shock about 15 votes to kick players (not me) within about 10 seconds. It was hilarious...one vote would pop up...then another within one second, then two more bam bam within one second, then another then another then another.

The "other server" I switched to was Goto and PROsies. The retardedness is rampant on that server...not just 2 or 3 people.

He said I should just ignore the votes but they're constant and keep popping up in my HUD, so I can't help but think I'm playing with childish idiots which lessens the fun factor for me. If I wanted to play with 12 year olds, I'd hang around school yards like a proper ped0 would. And of course the insults of "you suck" and "you can't play" were thrown at me...right after I fragged them. It was hilarious but not in the least surprising. lol...and they even made fun of me talking about that time I had to complete all the objectives...like it wasn't true or might actually upset me. I've done that feat many times on many servers. Even Plan B can attest I've done that as he was connected for one of the rounds and I ended it with "FISTED". :olo:

Dunno...if it's all a joke to them, then I guess I don't get the punchline.

Thankfully after a while they shut up and played and things were fun again for the holiday afteroon.

Oh...and of course when certain players who weren't playing at the time hear about this thread (and they will because the guys who bitched me out said they'd tell them...oh the drama) they'll vote to kick me the instant I connect again. But hey...what else is new? One of the players they mentioned they'd tell does nothing but vote to kick. :olo:

Like I said before...when the rounds are competitive and people are playing like they should the games on that server are hella fun. The only problem is that alot of them don't seem to want to play the game and would rather spend their time acting like morons and voting to kick. If it didn't happen so often on that server I'd have nothing to complain about. But now that I've complained, they're pissed. :smirk:

In closing, I'd like ask the players who bitched me out (and they'll read this post...don't doubt it for a second) to go right ahead and defend the BS that happens on the Goto and PROsies < 3 Shack server. Seriously...sign up and explain to everyone here why the server is the way it is. And if you decide to post - and if you have any balls at all - sign up with your in-game nic.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-03-2009 07:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Testify, brother!

Seriously, don't let these roofucking morons get to you.
Oops...ehhm, hi fellas!
Guess that'll be an insta-kick for me then, heheh.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-03-2009 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, its a shame you dont like it. I was enjoying gaming with you gonnafistya til i read this. Enjoy your holiday.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-03-2009 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's the thing. I do like it. I just don't like the moronics.

Don't fret and don't take it personally. You're welcome to join me on the RGB ADA server. The server is fun with perhaps one vote to kick in an entire 3 round campaign and the ADA clan seems to be a good bunch. :)

Last edited by GONNAFISTYA on 11-03-2009 03:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-03-2009 03:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
Testify, brother!

Seriously, don't let these roofucking morons get to you.
Oops...ehhm, hi fellas!
Guess that'll be an insta-kick for me then, heheh.

The thing that made me laugh was that I created this thread and ranted months ago. Then someone decided to look for it and wait until I connected yesterday to bitch at me.

And you'll remember that you've already been kicked from there. :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.