Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        My first CS:S map

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: My first CS:S map

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sorry to post this here but a large part of the source mapping community are assholes. When I first started with the hammer editor I didn't know how to copy textures and texture properties to another face/brush, so I went into irc and tried to get some help from source editing related channels. Maybe I joined the wrong ones but all I recieved was being called a noob, finally a couple of people helped after almost 30 min, still a large part of the CS:S community is very childish.

I know this map sucks balls visually, it's very simple and I made it in less then an hour. It's my first playable map for any game. It's acctually kinda fun to play, I tried it on a server with 5 or 6 people and most people enjoyed it.

Here is the map and files that you can edit, bsp is the only one u need to play this map. The rest are files you can edit, I'm not sure which files you need so I added all the files related to the map into the zip file.

Download here: http://www.phase0.info/glassfalloff/glassfalloff.zip

Here is some info:

- It has 2 buy zones for each class (t's & ct's) one is when you first spawn and the other is at the bottom if you fall off and survive.

- 4 plates of glass are breakable, each has about 300 health which means a fullclip of ak47 or 4 grenades.

- You can shoot through the walls and destroy the glass on the other side, which would drop the other team.

- There is a door and barrels you can move to get to the other teams side.

- To survive the fall you need to slidedown the hill by pressing up.

- 32 spawn points

Here is a small animation, notice I have 100 health. It's possible to fall off and retain 100 health, you need to know how to slide correctly ;)

I'm having problems with adding bots to the map, it used to work but when I added barrels they stopped spawning. I get some error about non walkable surfaces. :/

Also when I enable and disable sv_cheats I get this, when I was testing on a server someone told me it's because sv_cheats turns off some lights. All I have is a skybox around and no real lights and no light_env:

Also feel free to edit this map.

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure how many people play CS:S in here, I for one don't even have hl2 :o

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 03:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your missing a lot, hl2 is really good and cs:s is the best multiplayer online atm. No matter what others say, it's the childish community not the game that sucks.

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inphlict wrote:
Your missing a lot, hl2 is really good and cs:s is the best multiplayer online atm. No matter what others say, it's the childish community not the game that sucks.

Smart man we have here.

Looks good btw, what are you guys using now to create that? (hammer still? :puke: ) anyway, I tried for months to get the hang of hammer and never could. To much Radiant stuck in my head. :icon19:

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-11-2005 04:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hammer is my first real editor, i found it very simple and easy to use. I remeber for quake2 I tried qoole a few times but that's about it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-14-2005 05:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your kidding, right? If you think Hammer is easy then Radiant would be utter child's play.

btw there's a way of setting up an older version of Radiant (the 1.2.x series) to create basic BSP geometry for HL2 using the HL2/CSS materials. You can then simply open it in Hammer for displacements, entity I/O, compiling etc. I think the details are over @ Mapcenter.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.