Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-10-2010 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Obsidian needs obsidian.

Is there any way to tweak the amount of time it takes to harvest obsidian? Like make it 5 sec. per block instead of 20? That way, it won't be taken advantage of and it's still possible to clean up.

(Silicone_milk, wtf dude? Why do you always have to ruin everything for everyone? :p)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-10-2010 04:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i cant dupe for you guys anymore... sorry :/

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-10-2010 06:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Obsidian needs obsidian.

Is there any way to tweak the amount of time it takes to harvest obsidian?

Haven't found a mod to do this.

Guyz... I'm not hearing general consensus :(

Howabout if I make just common materials spawnable: sand, dirt, stone, cobble, log, water, lava, saplings. Everything else has to be crafted.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-10-2010 06:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and coal :up:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-10-2010 06:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

new shot of central area:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-10-2010 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
obsidian wrote:
Obsidian needs obsidian.

Is there any way to tweak the amount of time it takes to harvest obsidian?

Haven't found a mod to do this.

Guyz... I'm not hearing general consensus :(

Howabout if I make just common materials spawnable: sand, dirt, stone, cobble, log, water, lava, saplings. Everything else has to be crafted.

that along with coal would be awesome, finding/crafting the more rare items would be fair.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-10-2010 07:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

What program did you use to grab that shot? I can seem to fid one that will allow me to zoom in on an area.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-10-2010 09:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I let the whole thing go days ago.

bkb is still running around blowing my stuff up though.

I haven't been touching either of your buildings, shaft and doomer. Quit acting like I'm griefing the entire server.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-11-2010 12:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Giraffe }{unter wrote:
mjrpes wrote:

What program did you use to grab that shot? I can seem to fid one that will allow me to zoom in on an area.

cartograph + photoshop:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic ... 25&t=13134

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-11-2010 01:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

item command is now enabled.

usage: /item <item> <amount> <player>

amount and player are optional. amount defaults to 1 and player = yourself.

following items are enabled. you can either enter the item name or item number:

1 = stone
2 = grass
3 = dirt
4 = cobblestone
5 = wood
6 = sapling
8 = water
10 = lava
12 = sand
13 = gravel
19 = sponge
35 = cloth
50 = torch
78 = snow
79 = ice
263 = coal
323 = sign (to encourage people to label their stuff)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-11-2010 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

new shot showing city development:

People are more than welcome to build houses on empty foundations to expand the city. People can also extend roads/foundations if they want. The city could also use parks and statues of doomer. I am trying to keep it sort of realistic, such that higher buildings are in the center of the city and shorter ones farther away.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 12:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 12:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

$100 silicone won't complete his circle city

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 12:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

That's awesome

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 04:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
$100 silicone won't complete his circle city

Not with the server refusing connections I won't.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 05:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ahh ok I though it was just me, I wanted to hop in and take a tour... Back to my world then...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 05:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OMG SERVER DOWN! CANT....BREATHE....

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 06:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok, not cool, got my drink on, was about to get some zzz's but first check out the current progress... ahhhhh no no no! say its not true

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 09:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

server is now up.

Quote:
Hi,

The host that your Linode currently resides on (fremont25) has become unresponsive to our monitoring and now requires an emergency reboot. We will update this ticket once the host has been rebooted and Linodes are coming back online.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Stan
--------------------------------------------------

Thank you,
Linode.com

you guys broke the server. good job.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 11:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you need special files or to be on a whitelist or something? Every time I try to connect to the server it boots me out, with no error. Single player is getting boring as fuck, help!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 11:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There is no whitelist.

I see an entry for you in the player folder on server (_Bacon), so you are connecting to the right server.

Do you have a paid alpha account and are you able to log into your account on minecraft.net without problem? Also make sure you have downloaded the latest release.

Downside with the alpha right now is error messages are vague or entirely absent.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
Do you have a paid alpha account and are you able to log into your account on minecraft.net without problem?

Yes sir. I also have both exe versions (The normal and the "fixed" one he provides), however I havn't tried the jar version yet. Still, it should connect, i'll just try deleting everything I guess and starting from scratch. (When I get home)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
Yes sir. I also have both exe versions (The normal and the "fixed" one he provides), however I havn't tried the jar version yet. Still, it should connect, i'll just try deleting everything I guess and starting from scratch. (When I get home)

here is what the server log says:

Quote:
2010-10-07 00:47:31 [INFO] _Bacon [/174.**.***.**:60359] logged in
2010-10-07 00:47:53 [INFO] _Bacon lost connection: Internal exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

It does say you logged in, so I'd expect it's safe to assume it's not an authentication issue. But hard to troubleshoot based off this. Have you tried logging in to public servers? I'd try a couple of those to see if there's a pattern.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 01:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 01:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I took a walk around today and some of the stuff you guys did is impressive. I left my mark and planted a tree farm to camouflage my underground lair.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't get what i'm doing wrong. I deleted everything, including the .minecraft folder in %APPDATA%, and I still can't join. I tried all 3 executables.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe java doesn't like your underscore?

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-12-2010 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I already got in. I don't get what the error is but its like a 50/50 chance I get into the server.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 12:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dammit, the water physics are odd.
I created a great fast flowing downhill river into a cavern but it eventually caused me to accidentally flood my own wolf3d level. I decided to dam the river off at the start so that I could fix the hole in the wolf3d level but when I removed the dam, the water didn't flow like it did before at all. Didn't even reach the end of the tunnel. It's all fucked now :(

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 03:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You let the water win? You fail at being Dutch, Eraser.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 04:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol no not yet, but my boss doesn't agree with me when I say that it's in the nation's best interest if I fixed this little virtual water problem first.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 04:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Every 5 or 6 blocks you need to dig down 1 block for the water to flow again. It's kind of stupid but it's the only way you can make it run forever

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 04:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm aware of that. But what I did is that I created a large tunnel just like that and when the water was flowing nicely, I dug out the floor to make it deeper.

Then when I closed off the start of the tunnel the water stopped flowing, which was good at that time because it allowed me to fix the holes more easily.

Then I thought that when I broke the dam, the water would flow like before again, but it didn't. It's just a 1 block thick layer of water on top of the floor of my tunnel again which doesn't continue flowing because the floor of the tunnel is mostly flat.

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 07:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I found a dupe glitch, not sure if its the one you guys were using before, but you can essentially fill a double treasure chest in about 3 minutes.

Just click the item (best is a stack of 32), and click 3 times, putting it in the chest. What I mean is hover the item into a slot in any chest, then click the mouse 3 times fast. If it doesn't work, don't click 3 times again, pick the item up first, then click 3 times, if you don't it has a chance of getting deleted.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 03:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey what do ya know, I fiddled around with it and finaly got it working on my old PC.

Can't buy it right now tho :( but the odd thing is I can play offline on my home PC even though I didn't pay for it. I suspect because I downloaded it back when he had the free alpha thing going on. However, I uploaded the same exe to my work PC to try it out on a much better machine and it won't play for me unless I buy it :/

Anyone feeling generous? :p

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.