Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's like 10 bucks... less than the cost of a lead pipe.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 04:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that's what having 2 kids does to your finances. Halo 3 was all the game spending coin I had, gotta wait till friday now :)

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-13-2010 09:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you could also stop teh weed

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-14-2010 02:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

screenshots...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-14-2010 08:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

It's not THAT good.

Jeeze that city is pretty ridiculous. Are you guys using cheats? It'd take forever to mine all that stuff and build all that.

I started playing yesterday and spent about 5 days and nights wandering around (dying a lot at night) until I figured out I needed to hide my ass at nightime. Then it took like another 4 days for me to find charcoal at which point I gladly abandoned my first home and built a second home right by where the coal was because it's apparently so damn important.

Now I've got a hut built on the side of a mountain and I mined upwards towards the top and made a nice place for myself inside the mountain. It's incredibly addictive and the little things like building a glass deck on the side of a mountain is kinda rewarding when daylight comes out and you get a nice view. :)

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 10-14-2010 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Yeah that's what having 2 kids does to your finances. Halo 3 was all the game spending coin I had, gotta wait till friday now :)

Condoms are a great way to avoid spitting out kids you can't afford to have in the first place.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-14-2010 01:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah too bad your parents weren't using one and I was. Not 100% is all I'm gonna say.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-14-2010 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
MKJ wrote:

Jeeze that city is pretty ridiculous. Are you guys using cheats? It'd take forever to mine all that stuff and build all that.

Yeah, on the server you can type /item [itemname] [amount] and it spawns the pickups for you

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 01:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Great thread. Would read again.

:)

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 04:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
item command is now enabled.

usage: /item <item> <amount> <player>

amount and player are optional. amount defaults to 1 and player = yourself.

following items are enabled. you can either enter the item name or item number:

1 = stone
2 = grass
3 = dirt
4 = cobblestone
5 = wood
6 = sapling
8 = water
10 = lava
12 = sand
13 = gravel
19 = sponge
35 = cloth
50 = torch
78 = snow
79 = ice
263 = coal
323 = sign (to encourage people to label their stuff)

What server utility are you using?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 05:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh, fyi, that list is outdated. Glass can now be give with the /item command as well.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 05:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mc.quake3world.com

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 06:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
oh, fyi, that list is outdated. Glass can now be give with the /item command as well.

meh I was actually having a good time mining/smelting sand to make my windows. Hence why I want to make some server changes on mine, since I am the admin I was spawning items whenever I needed them, but after playing on this server I had a better time working for all my items. I went back to basics last night and had a more rewarding build..

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 08:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I actualy prefer the adventure mode where you have to mine your stuff and create everything. Especialy worrying about the the stuff that'll kill you at night. I find it makes the game more interesting and more of a challenge. Didn't realize money transfers on paypal take a week *grrrr paypal*

I want to play online but I want it to be in a world where you gotta work for everything.

Long and Strong
Long and Strong
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 09:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
mc.quake3world.com

I meant server wrapper or mod that allows for commands to be sent via the chat. I found and started using Heyo's mod

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 10:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Server mod is Hey0.

You do get more sense of accomplishment from mining your own mats, but for people with lots of grand ideas, it limits the amount of time you can create things.

Also, for some materials mining can ruin an aesthetic, such as mining sand from a beach.

Finally, minecraft still has loopholes that let people cheat (even with the dup issue fixed), so you can't fairly judge someone's time investment on their creation (ex: Amidy's horribly gaudy gold castle that has thankfully been destroyed).

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 10:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I can understand that for ppl that wan't to build the USS Enterprise...

I'd like to see the Multiplayer Survival mode though on a good server that doesn't have cheating and gives you the ability to setup defenses for your castles and stuff.

That will be uber.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 01:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nothing is stopping anyone from NOT using /item command....

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-15-2010 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol @ wanting to play adventure mode "legit" when server-side health isn't even implemented into the game yet...

I agree Kracus but for the time being there's nothing else to do in the game except build (atm).

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-16-2010 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jesus bacon. stop building giant sky bridges made out of obsidian near everyones shit.
3 blocks of obsidian = 1 minute to remove.

I don't want a giant black dildo in the sky over my pyramid and beach-front.
You're building over Silicone_Milks project also.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 10-16-2010 04:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

See THAT'S why getting materials legit is awsome :) j/k

visual prowess
visual prowess
PostPosted: 10-16-2010 06:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
jesus bacon. stop building giant sky bridges made out of obsidian near everyones shit.
3 blocks of obsidian = 1 minute to remove.

I don't want a giant black dildo in the sky over my pyramid and beach-front.
You're building over Silicone_Milks project also.

I'm not sure who's structure that was but I didn't build that huge obsidian tower, just a 1x1 bridge, but if it's in the way just get mjrpes to delete it out or something...i'm sure it takes a few seconds with a map editor. I don't think i'll be playing anymore anyways, unless the patch that comes out adds enough for me not to be bored... It's getting a little too monotonous now.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-16-2010 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just like kids playing Lego. Dude, I wanted that brick! Why did you build that over my stuff? I was playing with it and you stole it! Did you break my model? That's my big black obsidian dick... err... wait...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-16-2010 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bacon wrote:
I'm not sure who's structure that was but I didn't build that huge obsidian tower, just a 1x1 bridge, but if it's in the way just get mjrpes to delete it out or something...i'm sure it takes a few seconds with a map editor. I don't think i'll be playing anymore anyways, unless the patch that comes out adds enough for me not to be bored... It's getting a little too monotonous now.

Well no wonder you were getting bored you were building a monotonous 1x1 skybridge :)

Sky bridges were neat first starting out but they're unsightly when built and unnecessary because we have warps and magiccarpets now.

I do like the idea of building roads, subways, modestly high bridges and monorails that incorporate into surrounding land and projects. Not to say all skybridges are bad-- the tube skybridge you had with trees in it was pretty cool. But when developing that you should complete the tube as you go along and not lay a 1x1 obsidian for 99% of it... because chances are (like now seems to be the case) you aren't going to complete the whole thing and you end up with a 99% POS.

Yes we are kids playing with legos.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 10-16-2010 03:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he put a 1x1 across half the world map as a a placement...but if you go to the start of it you can see how big it is going to be.....

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 10-16-2010 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-17-2010 12:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft and silicone_milk want to thank you, bacon. i want to thank you, too.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-17-2010 03:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sorry for breakin the server :(

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-17-2010 07:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

who put my factory full of pigs :(

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-17-2010 08:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol@mazda

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-17-2010 10:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, managed to crash the server again.

I think I'll just not use cuboids until you're on the server mjrpes.

I've been keeping the cuboids in small strips and they're normally fine but occasionally it crashes the server (last two crashes)

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 10-17-2010 11:03 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aww nuts. :( was wondering what happened.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-17-2010 11:22 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What are cuboids?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 10-17-2010 11:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh, if someone sees a 1 block wide array of dirt blocks suspended over some water, connected to a 1 block wide channel in the ground, don't remove it. It's a building project I've started :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-18-2010 12:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try it out...

/letmefly + hold white feather + look up

Last edited by mjrpes on 10-18-2010 12:16 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.