Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Removing "System Tool"

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Removing "System Tool"

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-27-2011 01:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I'm currently infected with this bullshit "System Tool" fucking thing and I can't use my normal magic to remove it.

It has disabled my ability to uninstall programs, it has disabled the task manager, it has disabled my ability to launch several control panels (such as System Restore, etc), it has disabled the ability to run "regedit" and is even stopping my computer from launching things like textpad, Microsoft Word or Malwarebytes. My Avast runs but doesn't scan correctly (it even tells me some files couldn't be scanned...which is weird) I've tried running a system restore from HP's own contol panel (which is supposed to fix this problem) but that too is fucked.

Every single websearch I've done to remove this scam simply leads me to scam website that wants me to buy there software to remove this "System Tool".

Anyone know what to do to get rid of this fucking thing?

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 02-27-2011 05:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.superantispyware.com/

This software can add removed or disabled vital windows controls like the taskbar and metric tons more
I have performed miracles on friends and co-workers computers with this program.

while your at it install and do this First
http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

check what is starting a boot up and disable what looks suspicious then reboot.
maybe your anti-virus may be able to scan after this
I have performed kilograms of miracles on friends and co-workers computers with this program.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-27-2011 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^^^

or boot into safemode with networking, Download and install Malwarebytes, if that fails, Download and run Combofix.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-27-2011 08:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AmIdYfReAk wrote:
or boot into safemode with networking

^^^^ Fixed my cousin's computer the same way after his wife or daughter screwed it up. Safemode boots up with just the basic windows stuff and disables the junkware from starting up, so you can use your diagnostic tools to remove it.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 02-27-2011 09:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I managed to find and kill the fucker.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.