Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Tip for G9 users

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Tip for G9 users

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-30-2011 12:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ditch the black mouse pad - The g9x works OK on black surfaces but the original G9 absolutely fucking SUCKS on a black pad.

It's not apparent at low speeds, but try making a quick drag across the pad and watch your mouse cursor. It'll start flicking back in the wrong direction.

This issue has been doing my head in for a few months now but I never twigged that the pad colour was causing it >:E

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-30-2011 06:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's pretty common for black mouse pads to drain the batteries faster on wireless mice. I just use one of those green cutting mats.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 03-30-2011 06:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't you mean Black mouse pads?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-30-2011 07:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hide yo mice, hide yo mats, cuz they drainin' errybody out here.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 04-06-2011 10:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
It's pretty common for black mouse pads to drain the batteries faster on wireless mice. I just use one of those green cutting mats.

G9 is a wired mouse.

This is all about the sensor response - On a black pad it's not accurate at speed. Move onto a lighter surface, and it's accurate.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 04-07-2011 01:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

G9 BAWK BAWK

No but man ive grown to love my razer these days. :P And I can keep my black mat ^_^

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-07-2011 07:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My point was that with any mouse, a black mousepad will cause the optical sensor to work much harder than it needs to, as evident with a wireless mouse for example, by a measurement of its power usage.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 04-07-2011 10:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Result of this switch is that I can now target full-speed flying hunters accurately in L4D2, whereas before I had to pin their landing spots and couldn't track them in the air.

Winning.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.