Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        I Can't Stop!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: I Can't Stop!

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-08-2011 12:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cue music.

Here I am, in 2010, with a copy of Quake 3 I bought off Steam. They tell me this game requires absurd amounts of skill. Other games bore me and I love challenge. I'm ready to get completely desecrated in multiplayer. I don't care! Playing against bots is the most fun I've had in years.

That said, my guns occasionally don't stop firing, long after I've released LMB. I've tried several different mice. No cigar.

On the subject of mice, which of these should I use for this game?

-4G Razer Mamba
-Steelseries XAI
-Razer Naga
-Razer Salmosa

If you have a better suggestion, I'll look into its purchase.

Also, what mouse sensitivity versus DPI do you suggest and how do I know what mine is? I can't find a numbered slider anywhere.

Thanks!

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-08-2011 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To see your sensitivity, just type /sensitivity in the console and change it accordingly. I can't remember if Quake3 allows you to change the DPI or w/e. Also, try playing with /m_accel 1 (mouse acceleration) as it allows you to make quick, controlled flicks with very little hand movement. Some people don't like it.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-08-2011 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BTW, it's 2011. :)

Sounds like he's having a problem with the mouse button still being depressed, not sensitivity. I'm not sure what would cause that other than mouse/driver issues. First try updating your mouse drivers and see if that helps anything.

I've been using my Logitech Mx518 for years and it's trusty as ever. A good mouse will just work, but won't make you a better player (practice, practice, practice).

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 07-16-2011 09:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

OR? Possibly it's hardware? Hmmm. Clean yer mouse. If that don't work... shell out 30 bucks and get a new mouse?

Juss sayin...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-22-2011 06:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

G5 rev.2 > MX518

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 07-24-2011 03:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The G5 is a hopeless piece of shit. I sent mine back and replaced it with a 518

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-24-2011 04:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mazda, you noob:

obsidian wrote:
A good mouse will just work, but won't make you a better player (practice, practice, practice).

However, if you feel that your mouse being 1337 will make you feel like it can compensate for your other shortcomings, I can understand why that would float your boat.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-24-2011 10:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL SO MAD

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.