Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        GtkRadiant problems

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GtkRadiant problems

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-20-2011 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've spent the past like 15 hours trying to get any map to play and I'm starting to lose my shit.

First of all with version 1.4 everything seemed to work fine until I compiled and tried to play. It compiled fine and the bsp showed up in my folder, but when I do "/map tester" in the console it tells me maps/tester.bsp can't be found. But it's there, like I can see it in the maps folder just sitting there as tester.bsp (not tester.map, though I have that too). So then all of a sudden it won't let me save and keeps giving me a "No Brushes Selected" error. So I look around and realize I have to install 1.5 so I do, and now when I load the map it none of the textures show up, they all just show "Shader Not Found".

tl;dr How can I load the textures into 1.5? They show fine in 1.4...

I have tried reinstalling Q3a and gtkradiant about 30 times, no change, and gtkradiant 1.5 doesn't even give you any options really when you install it so I don't see why it could possibly be having trouble with this.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-20-2011 08:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Denali wrote:
"/map tester" in the console it tells me maps/tester.bsp can't be found

quake3.exe +seta sv_pure 0 +map tester

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 10-20-2011 08:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sv_pure 0

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 10-21-2011 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Maps not showing:

By default, Q3 only looks for "pure" content, that means stuff inside the PK3 files. If your map isn't in a PK3 file and just sitting in the correct directories, it is still ignored. You can either put all of your custom content inside a PK3 or as mentioned above, set "sv_pure 0" in your developer .cfg file/type it into console before starting your map/use it as part of your start-up options/etc.

Textures and other assets in GtkRadiant 1.5

Really, this is the problem everyone has because they didn't bother reading the documentation. GtkRadiant 1.4 comes in multiple versions for each set of games it supports, GtkRadiant 1.5 and 1.6 comes as a single version and you also have to install the appropriate SDK files.

http://radiant.robotrenegade.com/faq.html

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 10-21-2011 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you still have trouble finding the gamepack, get it from here. It's the download called "Q3A-Example-Maps-2004-07-18.msi". Make sure to install it in your Q3A folder.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.