Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-18-2011 07:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

perhaps, but I had just watched Iron Man 2 right before and saw the scene after the credits. I liked how they're tying the movies together.

Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 09-18-2011 07:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everything must go

just skip this one.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-18-2011 09:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

what's with the gratuitous american?

Yes, seems like some great Aussie movies have to have a token american aboard, although he played the part so very well ..

[spoiler]
he gets killed in a road accident, hit a kangaroo in the early hours of the morning (like you do)
[/spoiler]

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 09-19-2011 06:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
everything must go

just skip this one.

Didn't think it was that bad, but yeah it's a bit slow, pedestrian affair.
Had a bit of that 'Will Ferrell trying to prove he can play straight roles' stank over it, but I think he succeeded.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-19-2011 08:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
wrecked

3/10

this movie is so god damn boring.

when he turns the radio on, it plays the same song that was used in Insidious. freaky moment

this for sure, netflix tricked me into it

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 09-21-2011 11:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Green Hornet - 4 / 10

stupid. Really stupid. So stupid that it's good in a bad way. So stupid that it might have been done on purpose...maybe.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 09-22-2011 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Harry 4/10

Charles Bronson in the uk. Felt like it was insulting my intelligence somehow, did not like.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 09-22-2011 04:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

btw, i've seen atleast 20 movies since I last posted here, but they are not even worth a mention...mainly because there would be nothing to be earned as most of you will be skipping them anyway.

PostPosted: 09-22-2011 06:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
andyman wrote:
wrecked

3/10

this movie is so god damn boring.

when he turns the radio on, it plays the same song that was used in Insidious. freaky moment

this for sure, netflix tricked me into it

I saw an interview he did about the movie, and thought there would be more flashback sequences that told a bigger story. Instead, it takes two hours to remember a whole TWNETY GOD DAMN SECONDS

since he was so good in Predators, figured why not watch it. pretty disappointing.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 09-23-2011 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the guard 8/10
don cheadle as an fbi agent chasing drug smugglers in ireland with brendan gleeson as the local copper. the humour, drinking, violence and bad language are a bit more muted that you'd expect from something set/produced in ireland - but the story is tight, the cast are great and for the first time in a long time for this sort of movie, i really liked the ending.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-23-2011 08:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Contagion = 3/10 - Boring beyond words.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-23-2011 08:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
the guard 8/10
don cheadle as an fbi agent chasing drug smugglers in ireland with brendan gleeson as the local copper. the humour, drinking, violence and bad language are a bit more muted that you'd expect from something set/produced in ireland - but the story is tight, the cast are great and for the first time in a long time for this sort of movie, i really liked the ending.

Just off to see this in an hour. Thanks for the +ve vibe :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-24-2011 10:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
the guard 8/10

Yes, couldn't have said it any better 4days. I too likd the way it ended and the humour abound :up:

An excellent movie and one to put on you list to view.

I'll add half a point ... 8.5/ 10

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 09-25-2011 03:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Are you okay?"
"It's a milkshake freeze. It'll be gone in a minute."

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 09-25-2011 06:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Event Horizon
7/10

Still love this movie

Brilliant film :)

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 09-25-2011 10:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
the guard 8/10

i thought black people couldn't ski

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-25-2011 11:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Demolition Man

Hadn't seen in a while, always enjoy. 7/10

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 09-26-2011 07:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Priest 5/10 - Meh. If you expect nothing more than a film adaptation of a graphic novel that has a different take on vampires, you won't be disappointed. If you expect a good movie that isn't just another popcorn sci-fi action pic, you will be vastly disappointed. Karl Urban...'nuff said.

Thor 6/10 - Entertaining, and again, if you go into expecting to see a movie about a comic book, it's fine. I will say that the art direction, sets, and scenery in Asgard were gorgeous. Great costumes, too.

PostPosted: 09-26-2011 06:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
feedback wrote:
Event Horizon
7/10

Still love this movie

Brilliant film :)

hmm... i watched it saturday night because i couldn't remember if i had seen it before so it was like watching a new movie, but i can't really say i liked it... way too 90's. It was like the missing link between jurassic park and the matrix.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-27-2011 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Event Horizon
7/10
It was like the missing link between jurassic park and the matrix.

Haven't seen it in a decade I think, but isn't it rather the missing link between "2010" and "Doom"?
Still, it is quite enjoyable, as far as I remember. I don't like Sam Neill in any of his "works", though :).
Speaking 'bout "2010"; it is way underrated as the step-son. Pretty cool, actually.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 09-27-2011 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Attack The Block = 5/10 - I actually forgot that I watched this movie, it's that "meh".

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-28-2011 10:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Event Horizon
7/10

Still love this movie

Yes I have to watch that one again too :D

Just watched again 12 Monkeys and still love this movie. 8/10
I am sure you've heard of or seen it but IMDB

PostPosted: 09-28-2011 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I liked 12 monkeys except for the ending.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-28-2011 10:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
I liked 12 monkeys except for the ending.

The kid (Cole) at the end, his eyes really got to me this time :tear:

He said it in the movie, like history a movie although the same is always seen differently (read when revisited).

Was there a follow up to this one anyone?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-29-2011 09:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Eye of the Storm

An Australian film, but not like Red Dog.

Funny, after the movie we wrere approached by a student type doing a thesis on Australian movies :smirk: asking our opinion.

Look I said, I'm into sci fi and action, liked Red Dog for sure for the humour but this I found pretty confrontational but entertaining, good cast, good plot and cinematics but dry as outback dust.

local review and another obligatory IMDB

EDIT: Forgot rating.... 6.5 /10

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-01-2011 10:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I seem to be watching a few movies lately :paranoid:

Caught one of the best tank movies, made in 1965

IMDB

The great Robert Shaw as the German tank Commander. Henry Fonda and Robert Ryan great parts too.
Sad part is they are not really German tanks :smirk:

Still worth a watch every 10+ years ..7/10

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-02-2011 01:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Back to the Future Part III (I think this was in 1080i HD, it was a while ago so I'm not sure)
8/10
I just happened to catch this on TV. I missed the beginning and saw it from where Marty McFly has just run into the so-called Indians (my way of saying which bit without spoilers.)
A great film as I'm sure you all know. Seeing it on TV is no match for seeing it in the cinema for the first time. It really benefits from things which I did not watch it with this time: massive screen, big great sound. Moving story, not so great this time cause not only did I know what was going to happen but I had not watched the previous two films recently. Anyway, good film to watch :)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (in 1080i HD)
7/10
Some things were so unrealistic, e.g. It was disappointing that they gave Gambit the ability to fall a long distance safely without explanation (he's not got Wolverine's healing ability).
The film was good, though, entertaining and left me wanting more. Another Wolverine film. (They are working on one :) )
Deadpool was badly done. I hope they portray the character better in the Deadpool film they have planned.

Timecop
8/10 if you don't know it well, 7/10 if you do
Just happened to catch this on TV. I've downloaded it before, the better sound quality of TV was welcome.
Having seen this film lots of times before, I knew what was going to happen most of the time. (So it had the wind taken out of its sails a bit.) I still like this film :)

The BFG
6/10
Just happened to catch this on TV.
I don't recall having seen this before. I almost stopped watching it when one of the (few) songs was going on cause the song was so rubbish, but the song finished just in time :) Maybe I'd seen it before and that's where I watched it to before. I always thought the book was great and this cartoon was well done. It has a style to it that you don't see from Hollywood animation. It did look dated but that didn't bother me, cause the story is good.

PostPosted: 10-02-2011 02:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cube 2: hypercube

3/10.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-02-2011 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Drive = 5/10 - Meh. It's ok I guess.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-02-2011 11:34 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-02-2011 11:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:

Timecop
8/10 if you don't know it well, 7/10 if you do
Just happened to catch this on TV. I've downloaded it before, the better sound quality of TV was welcome.
Having seen this film lots of times before, I knew what was going to happen most of the time. (So it had the wind taken out of its sails a bit.) I still like this film :)

Yes I remember that one :) Saw it about a year ago and like you said DTS, it is better the first time.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-03-2011 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
DTS wrote:
X-Men

Some things were so unrealistic

Fucking Magneto. How does he work?!

:olo:

Serpico 8/10

I'd never seen this! And now i have. Glad i did, it's very good.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 10-10-2011 07:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Shipping News 7/10
had a pretty good cast, and an authentic feel to it. Story wasn't mind blowing just one of those good book adaptations that satisfy but don't make any lasting impression.
Kevin Spacey acted well.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-11-2011 07:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Killer Elite = 6.5/10 - Hey, it's Jason Statham playing a role he's never done: an ass-kicking machine having girlfriend problems. Decent movie, though.

Real Steel = 6/10 - A happy happy joy joy summer family movie with every cliche you can think of in these types of films...even a cheesy montage of gheyness. However, it's got huge Rock em Sock em robots pounding each other and instead of the incoherent mess of movement that The Transformers movies have, you can actually see what the robots are doing.

Robot Boxing should be a real sport...instead of current pro boxing.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 10-12-2011 05:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Contagion 7/10

Not your typical pandemic-omg-we're-all-gonna-die movie in the sense that there's almost no footage of the military driving around in choppers or shots of big conference rooms filled to the brim with jackasses and large high tech screens.

For the rest it's pretty much something you've seen before in 10 other films. Oh, and they fail to deliver a righteous sense of complete society breakdown when a hefty percentage of the population dies off, that was rather disappointing (seeing as that's possibly the only reason i enjoy watching movies like this). Still giving it a 7/10, i feel effort was made and what the hell, it wasn't terrible.

Last edited by Ryoki on 10-12-2011 05:49 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.