Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        EntityPlus - A single player Q3 mod

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: EntityPlus - A single player Q3 mod

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-10-2012 11:13 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EntityPlus 1.1.3 released

After a bit of a quiet time I've finally put out a new release of the mod. It's only a small update that doesn't add any new features, but it does fix some important bugs and has the most recent version of obsidians menu logo :)

Complete list of changes is below:
  • [Added] "g_drawSyncMessage" cvar.
  • [Added] "g_allowSyncCutscene" cvar.
  • [Fixed] Server does not interpolate cutscene camera pan movements, allowing the camera to move outside the current VIS area.
  • [Fixed] Invisible doors in krep1 still don't open when loading the map through the "new game" menu.
  • [Fixed] Game no longer crashes when starting a cutscene while g_synchronousClients is set to 1
  • [Changed] Updated menu logo.

So anyone who has been having trouble with those invisible doors blocking your way in deQer's "krep1" (aka "Carmack Fortress") map, this release should definitively fix it.

You can grab it here:
https://code.google.com/p/entityplus/do ... -1.1.3.zip

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-11-2012 04:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is scores view from "Testing Procedures" inclusive ?
by old version no view from scores by Testing Procedures, but save in "games".

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-11-2012 05:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-11-2012 05:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No high score

Attachments:
no_high_score.jpg
no_high_score.jpg [ 131.42 KB | Viewed 1130 times ]

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-11-2012 06:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is there a file named
ep_procedures-1.1.epgame in the "EntityPlus\games" folder?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-11-2012 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes.
ep_procedures-1.1.epgame is in game folder.
this is a screen from old version not from 1.1.3.

test it tonight (another pc-system)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-12-2012 02:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hallo
1. Test:
Play with PC - OS Vista - Q3 1.32c - EntityPlus 1.1.3
save in folder games as EP_PROCEDURES_PT3-1.1.epgame

no view from High Score. :confused:

2. Test
Play white G4 OS 10.4 - Q3 10.2 - EntityPlus 1.1.3

no save in folder games. :confused:

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 03:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

more fun with this map :D

Attachments:
alien3.jpg
alien3.jpg [ 96.17 KB | Viewed 1151 times ]

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-19-2012 02:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hello, is anyone here ? :(

I have a question.

I can limit the gravity on a small area?

the target_gravity affects the whole map. :dork:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-19-2012 03:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Code:
<point name="target_gravity" color="0 .5 0" box="-8 -8 -8 8 8 8">
Changes gravity when triggered.
-------- KEYS --------
<integer key="count" name="count">amount of gravity to apply (defaults to the value set to g_gravity).</integer>
<targetname key="targetname" name="targetname">activating entity points to this.</targetname>
<targetname key="targetname2" name="targetname2">activating entity points to this.</targetname>
-------- SPAWNFLAGS --------
<flag key="GLOBAL" name="GLOBAL" bit="0">all players are affected instead of only the activator.</flag>
-------- NOTES --------
The default value for g_gravity is 800. This can be overruled by the server administrator.
</point>

Cannot undestand what you mean, tannica. Do you mean within the trigger brush? If so, there's a disappointment: To affect only the area in trigger brush it's required piece of code for something like trigger_gravity. And this doesn't exist... The point entity cannot override area within activating trigger brush.
Maybe ask to Eraser, the main EP developer to implement trigger_gravity. If you want, I can also ask if you don't know how.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-19-2012 11:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's possible if you simply don't check the GLOBAL spawnflag.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 01:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the effect on the players is the same.

test with spawnflags 0 and spawnflags 1.

I can fly through the whole map.

I would like to fly through a canyon.
It seems to work only with two trigger_multiple and two target_gravity.

I thought but more "volume brush". How to ut3.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 01:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
It's possible if you simply don't check the GLOBAL spawnflag.

Tested the target_gravity in a testmap with center area. It changes the g_gravity infinitely, he needs to change g_gravity only in time he's inside the trigger brush... As he have leaved the trigger area, he needs to put default g_gravity to settings of level.

The target_gravity can have the same code (can be used to change g_gravity in whole map with the GLOBAL spawnflag ticked to affect all players, but should be added something like trigger_gravity, which may be brushed modifier which affects only the area inside its brush. Like it's trigger_hurt which allows mapper to place deathvoid volume to desired area, the trigger_gravity can be used in areas with lava or something else what produces some gas which may to unweight the player or bots which enters the area.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-20-2012 10:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then use 2 triggers

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-21-2012 12:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Then use 2 triggers

This may be no problem... But it's much complicated... If it's actualy the best solution, we'll wait for new update (which can contain better solution, its brush modifier 'trigger_gravity'). Before it will be avaible, we must use actualy the best solution (multi-trigger)

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 04:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

next bug by "Carmack Fortress"?

by part 3
Delete from the key by death and next door is closed.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 05:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Could you elaborate a bit further on the problem, maybe record a demo of it happening?

I have a feeling this is simply a design error. There was something similar with an older version of my Testing Procedures map. If you die after getting the red keycard but before moving to the next level with the elevator, you're respawned right in front of the red-keycard-room whose entry door is locked and you're stuck :(

Last edited by Eraser on 06-03-2012 09:25 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-23-2012 06:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, that's the part.
Is in the pit. In one corner is an equipment and in other the key.
Behind the pit is a closed door.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-31-2012 06:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

free sounds for func_breakable Entitys.

where you can find what? :confused:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-31-2012 06:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 06-03-2012 06:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thank you

I have something found:
http://www.freesfx.co.uk/

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-26-2013 10:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What about the EntityPlus? Are you working on new version Eraser or you have kicked out your project? What about the game saving you said about, have you all of these new things just throwed away?

:arrow: I like the mod as in the active development. If you have ended developing your great project, tell us why...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-28-2013 12:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's not really in active development at the moment, but I've not given up on it. I'm willing to work on it if there's interest in it, but to date, me and deqer are the only ones who have actually used to mod to create a map and that is a tad disappointing.

That won't deter me from working on it by itself, but I've got a bunch of other stuff I'm working on that is just far more interesting and rewarding right now than EntityPlus. I guess that's how it usually goes with these mods.

The mod is fully open source and the code is freely accessible for anyone, so people can do with it what they want though.

Having said that, I still have a half-finished EntityPlus map on my harddisk that I do intent to finish some time, but I just can't give an ETA right now. If you really want to kickstart the mod again, make maps for it. It needs maps more desperately than new features.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 01-28-2013 02:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Back when this mod was being updated, I was trying to find bugs with all the new features and make some crappy maps for my friends and I. I miss updates :'(

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-28-2013 03:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

im still working on mine. but it really is a slow going process. should prolly update my thread. the down side is i just moved cities and i forgot to grab my latest build. 2 week till i get my tower up here... ack the wait :/

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 03-24-2013 01:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Developer question for Eraser:
If you have included TA code for terrains, it could be able to include code for TA entities also. Then the mod should be able to use with fs_basegame "missionpack" parameter at the launch...

No need to redistribution of TA assets which leads to copyright restricts, just adds a require to own TA copy if added maps with TA entities in-use. Authors should add a warning about TA entities usage in their level's readme...

Who owns TA copy and want to distribute EP level with usage of TA assets should have a PK3 in EP folder with TA assets named as zzzt_ta-rad.pk3 or something similar... No vms of course...

I would to make new EP mission with some inspire by the Tron movie. Does anybody know? There would be Team Arena items in use, but a piece of code for that should be used. I'm not a programmer, and have no skills to edit the mod myself. Cannot use tutorials because they're too much concrete, but also cannot use official documentation because it's too much complicated.

This time it would be only with regular Q3A items, so maybe the next generation of the EntityPlus would start next mission with TA assets in-use (but not redistributed)...

I have inspired by FistMarine's TA modifications (3W patch and TA-Plus)...

P.S. - A question for top:
Is it possible to make dynamic lightning add to the lightmap instead of surface? It should be able to disable some lights and have only ambient lightning in some parts when used grid lightning (dynamic). Now the render adds dynamic lights to the surface which makes the unlike color-shade-only show up when the surface is dark...

Again pointing to my null programming skills...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-25-2013 12:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Relatively early on in development I decided not to include Team Arena entities because they require additional (copyrighted) assets as well, which I can't distribute with the mod. While your solution would technically work, I thought it wasn't worth it, mostly because the TA entities really don't add all that much anyway.

But I'll strike you a deal. Create a map from start to finish, show it to me and let me know where you absolutely positively need a Team Arena entity and I'll make them available for you in an update of the mod.

As for your second question about the dynamic lights, unfortunately that is not possible due to the way the Q3 engine works. You cannot use a dynamic light to add light to an otherwise unlit scene. It's a damn shame, but a limit we'll have to live with.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-11-2013 08:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Getting back into mapping :ninja:, and I have a layout for an EntityPlus map just about done. I am going through and adding enemies/items, and there are two big issues I am running into:

-The "nobots" flag on items doesn't appear to work. Bots will still run around and try to pick things up. The only workaround I've found is to encase the item in botclip.
-The bug where bots turn to face 0 degrees upon spawning limits what you can do with the layout. This is a bigger deal as I am trying to build the map with no bot pickups so bots stay put when they spawn.

A more minor bug: If the first path_corner that a func_train points to has "wait" = -1, it will spawn at 0,0,0 and you need to trigger it once to get it to the correct starting position.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 04-12-2013 11:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm looking at the bot turning to face 0 degrees thing right now. At this point I have no idea why it does that though. A sort of workaround for now is that you could use an info_waypoint entity. Have the target_botspawn entity target an info_waypoint entity and give the waypoint a wait key with a value of -1.

The bot will then spawn and move towards the waypoint and wait there until it is alerted by the player again. The bot will keep looking in the direction it was facing when it hit the waypoint, so if you place the waypoint adjacent to the botspawn and in the direction you want the bot to face, it should work I think. Only downside is that the bot will take two or three steps to reach the waypoint right after spawning, but if the bot spawns off-screen (which you should always do, otherwise it looks odd), the desired effect should be achieved.

In the meantime, I hope to get this solved, but the bots code is really looking like a lot of Chinese to me.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 04-20-2013 03:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I'm preparing assets for free continue of Testing Procedures (named TP: The Training Center) and I would add also items and weapons for Team Arena. They will be in category of items they should be, but slightly splitted from other in VQ3. The Light Armor would be also introduced, as a CPMA item example, but it's actualy included...

Weapons:
GAU, MG, SG, RL, GL, LG, RG, PG, BFG and TA weapons NG, CG and PROX

Ammunition:
Bullets, Shells, Rockets, Grenades, Lightnings, Slugs, Cells, BFG ammo and TA ammo Nails, Chaingun Belt and Prox. Mines

Items:
All items including health, armory, special Power-Ups, and Team Arena power-ups like Guard, Doubler, Ammo-Regen and Scout, plus holdable items as Kamikaze and Invulnerability.
It would be nice to modify Kamikaze item to teleport player to some far place in the map instead of blowing up player that he must then respawn. The blowing effect would be still avaible, but wouldn't affect the player's state, only teleport him to safe point of map, most likely to define a spawnflag in info_player_start entity or recommend targetting to misc_teleporter_dest entity. Invulnerability would be perfect as it is...

As doubt for Team Arena support in Entity Plus, then would be recommended to enable that support by adding a +set fs_basegame "missionpack" modifier to the EP startup shortcut...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-10-2013 02:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tomorrow is version 1.1.3's one year anniversary. That version was released on May 11th, 2012. Purely coincidental, I'm busy prepping the release of 1.1.4 right now and I'll make it publically available tomorrow. Together with a beta of my new EP map :)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-10-2013 06:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Best news and awesome because today I will finish a project I edited for ~3 months and need to chill tomorrow... best opportunity to check it out =)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-11-2013 04:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EntityPlus 1.1.4 released

Yay, so here it is! Version 1.1.4 of the mod.

Complete list of changes:

- [Fixed] notarget console command does nothing.
- [Fixed] Entities with matching targetname2 don't respond to target_modify.
- [Fixed] target_unlink won't unlink target_relay or target_delay entities.
- [Fixed] Picking up backpack can push ammo count beyond 999.
- [Added] trigger_target command.
- [Added] target2 key to target_modify.
- [Added] target_modify can be used to change value of "damage" or "dmg" keys.
- [Added] Surfaces with a shader with "surfaceparm flesh" will make flesh footstep noises instead of the default sound.
- [Added] GIVE_PLAYER spawnflag to target_give.
- [Added] IGNORE_PLAYER, PATROL_WALK and ALWAYS_WALK spawnflags to target_botspawn.
- [Added] Green glow to BFG bolts.
- [Added] notep key to prevent entities from spawning in EntityPlus.
- [Changed] g_debugBotSpawns echoes out health for spawned bot.

Some more details about the most important changes can be found here:
https://code.google.com/p/entityplus/wi ... yPlus?tm=6

You can grab it here:
https://code.google.com/p/entityplus/do ... -1.1.4.zip

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-11-2013 06:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First troubles with ingame: Launched EP and graphics was a bit broken. Screenshots are from example map...

Shot 1: From indoor courtyard

Shot 2: Another angle

Shot 3: Window 1

Shot 4: Window 2

Shot 5: From key room

Shot 6: From outdoor courtyard

Shot 7: Another angle

Shot 8: After fight with Klesk

Shot 9: From underground secret

Shot 10: Look in the pit

Shot 11: Blue rings

Shot 12: Going to finish

Shot 13: Intermission screen

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-11-2013 06:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nah it's supposed to be like that.

Seriously though, looks like a problem on your end. I've got a clean Q3 install running here with 1.1.4 and I see none of those problems. Do you perhaps have a shader file of yourself somewhere that's incorrect somehow? Do you have the same problem if you have a clean Q3 1.32 install (without any additional PK3's) with a clean install of EP 1.1.4?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.