Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-15-2012 10:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whoever is posting as doombrain... :up:

for the lulz?

for the lulz!

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 04-15-2012 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
lol...anyone else not miss DB while he was gone?

Welcome back Doombrain :D

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-16-2012 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
Good to see Duumbrain is still as insecure as ever. :up:

six month sabbatical (or should that be 'upsettical'? :olo:)

next time will be longer...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 04-16-2012 09:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo: upsettical

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 04-17-2012 07:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
wankery

This isn't real, is it? Like, you're taking the piss, right?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-07-2012 09:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

suddenly, a load of non-q3w n00bs

seem ok tho

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-07-2012 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I posted a thread on the minecraft forums:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/121 ... l-the-map/

Been so quiet lately wanted to get some new blood in to build stuff. Focused on the roads so people will hopefully go to someplace remote and do their thing there (and not mess up stuff near spawn).

I made a back up of the world in case this "experiment" goes bad :)

It's OK to continue building because if I revert back I would incorporate the good changes into the old map. However I doubt anyone could do something so bad that even worldedit couldn't fix it.

Worse comes to worse I will just blacklist unknown people so things will be back to normal (that is... quiet).

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-07-2012 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh, ok. sounds like a solid plan

i lolled a little bit when one of them asked me if he could trade for some ink sacs and redstone - partly because why the fuck do you need those right at the start? - and partly because n00bs have nothing i could possibly want to trade for :olo:

(btw the ppl i saw were straym and Trick, and some other guy... "bloke", "mrbloke"... something like that... also tauronimo and some non-verbal type called Scoutsean)

possibly some kind of notification to the effect of no griefing, no PvP bullshit etc might be in order

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-15-2012 01:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is there a way to revert the map without also reverting the contents of chests and/or inventories? i just lost 2 spawners and an awesome pick enchant :mad:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-15-2012 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I could just create the pick and spawners for you. Let me know what enchants you had.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-15-2012 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, believe it or not, i had Unbreaking III, Efficiency II and Silk Touch on a pick (first time ever, hence my annoyance). Oh, and a couple of cave spider spawners plus their dropped eggs

btw what got griefed and by who? were you able to blacklist them?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-15-2012 02:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm playing the 360 version...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-15-2012 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
well, believe it or not, i had Unbreaking III, Efficiency II and Silk Touch on a pick (first time ever, hence my annoyance). Oh, and a couple of cave spider spawners plus their dropped eggs

I create a chat log that shows what unknown players are saying:

http://mc.quake3world.com/log.php

Pretty clear we had griefers on hand :)

I banned them by name and ip.

EDIT: I restored server to its previous state; so didn't see what the did

I will create you a new pick and place it in a chest in your house (when I get back to my IRL house)

Last edited by mjrpes on 05-15-2012 03:58 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-15-2012 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:

Are you able to connect to any server? Or is it special xbox 360 servers?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-15-2012 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
seremtan wrote:

I create a chat log that shows what unknown players are saying:

http://mc.quake3world.com/log.php

Pretty clear we had griefers on hand :)

I banned them by name and ip.

EDIT: I restored server to its previous state; so didn't see what the did

I will create you a new pick and place it in a chest in your house (when I get back to my IRL house)

I wonder if they were masturbating whilst doing this? :disgust:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-16-2012 09:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

cool :up:

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-16-2012 12:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
Κracus wrote:

No it's 1.16 version too which suxors but they said they're going to include future updates free so I'm hoping to see everything that's on the pc version at some point. The multiplayer is kinda odd, right now it's friends only so if friends are playing it you can join their world however it's not persistent if the friend shuts his xbox down or logs out of minecraft.

Crafting is cool though and gameplay wise it's not too bad, better on pc obviously if you have a system that runs it which I do not. The world is also not as large, I think it's limited to something like 1000 x 1000 but 1000 what I'm not sure. I've heard if you walk straight it takes about 6 minutes to cross the map and you run into an invisible wall. I'm not so concerned about that though.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 05-16-2012 06:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
mjrpes wrote:

No it's 1.16 version

Wasn't that also the Q3 version number that let DC and PC players on the same servers..

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-16-2012 11:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-17-2012 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:

Wasn't that also the Q3 version number that let DC and PC players on the same servers..

Well that must have been a horrible experience for DC players.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 12:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
Κracus wrote:
No it's 1.16 version

1.16n :)

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 01:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
Foo wrote:

Well that must have been a horrible experience for DC players.

You survived, ey.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 05-18-2012 07:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was actually fairly decent at Quake 3. Good enough to ridicule Duhard multiple times anyway.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-24-2012 05:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

emerald ore now in snapshot

Quote:
Emerald Ore is a block that drops Emeralds when mined with an Iron Pickaxe or better; it does not require smelting. It's only been generated in certain biomes, at the moment it's confirmed to be generated below extreme hills and jungle biomes, and not been generated below desert and ocean. The ore seems to spawn anywhere between levels 1 and 30 - it's worth noting that this is similar to the range of gold and lapis.

According to Jeb, it is 25 times more rare then diamond.

>:(

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-24-2012 06:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmm... what's it good for? Absolutely nothing? haw haw haw

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-24-2012 07:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

trading with villages. it's random what you can trade it for. you can also trade stuff to get an emerald.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-24-2012 07:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You can trade with villages? What the shit is going on in this game?!

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 05-25-2012 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what's going on with this game is that Jeb is a big fat swedish cock who thinks that introducing features that have been available - in superior form - in mods for ages is a totally rad thing to do

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 06-16-2012 08:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

One of you guys is nuts. I logged on last night to see what's new. I seriously think I wandered some random trail for half an hour before giving up, mining iron, smelting it, making a minecart and going home on a rail I'd come across.

I'm impressed how much you guys get done with so few players. I've been on servers that constantly have 3-4 people on with a pool of at least a dozen and their worlds aren't nearly as developed.

Still play on survival mode or creative?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-16-2012 09:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tbh the server's ground to a halt in the last few weeks as far as i can tell. i've been on a few times but never seen anyone and the google map hasn't changed

even the noobs mjrpes tried to recruit from minecraft forums have given up

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-16-2012 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's the busy season for me so I'm playing (a lot) less. I started a zen complex on the remnants of the castle area, but work here is slow because making complex structures that look good is not my forte.

I did go crazy building all those roads. I get in a groove doing mindless stuff like that... so end up doing a lot of it.

Project "recruit newbie" started out with potential, but fizzled pretty quickly.

I have no desire to start a new map... too tired of that.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-16-2012 05:58 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was wondering what happened to the castle area when I popped on and saw weird foundations all over the place

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-16-2012 08:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wanted to save your work but I realized the only way anything would get built there is to start from scratch and divide the area into smaller projects.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-18-2012 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TREEEEEEES everywhere...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-18-2012 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

might have gone a little overboard with that...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.