Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Minecraft - Anyone into it?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Minecraft - Anyone into it?

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2012 08:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared?

pretty crazy! also there are some pretty bad ass add-ons activated, these pictures look like a real lego display :up:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2012 08:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a few more awesome shots I found in that site

ImageImage

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-07-2012 11:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those renders are on the mc.westeroscraft.com server. You can actually go there, at that address, as it's public. You just can't build.

The renders are cooler than seeing it in person, that Maruku guy really nailed the settings on whatever renderer he's using.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-07-2012 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but you could have the same settings as he does real time right? might run like shit but it's not photoshopped or anything.

wait are you saying he imported the map into a 3rd party renderer like 3ds max?

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-07-2012 11:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's near mind bending stuff there Tsakali.
Thanks for them :up:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 01:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
but you could have the same settings as he does real time right? might run like shit but it's not photoshopped or anything.

wait are you saying he imported the map into a 3rd party renderer like 3ds max?

nah you can have dynamic light and reflective water in real time (with a serious performance hit)

i'm not sure what the renderer is, but i'm pretty sure it doesn't involve exporting the map to 3ds/maya etc - it just opens the map up directly from the mc save files

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 07:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those shots are awesome. :up:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dynamic lighting + tilt shift = :up:

tho the performance hit when you do dynamic lighting makes the game unplayable (currently).

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 12:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So now the server is a bit dead (because we've run out of stuff to do that we haven't done in a previous reset), would it be cool to switch it to a technic SMP server?

Mo shiz to play with would be fun, mebbe with EE disabled though since it's super OP.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would that require a new map?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Foo wrote:
So now the server is a bit dead (because we've run out of stuff to do that we haven't done in a previous reset), would it be cool to switch it to a technic SMP server?

this sounds like fun

Quote:
mebbe with EE disabled though since it's super OP.

not really sure what you mean here :question:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:

been watching the yogscast guys building some pretty cool looking shizzle with this: http://www.technicpack.net/ (requires sphax's purebdcraft tex pack iirc)

trouble is, there's so many neat looking technical mods, and they often conflict with each other

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 03:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Foo wrote:

this sounds like fun

Quote:
mebbe with EE disabled though since it's super OP.

not really sure what you mean here :question:

Technic pack is a collection of mods, one of which is EE (Equivalent Exchange). One thing you can do with that mod is create items from energy gathered from renewable resources (e.g. light).

It's fairly easy to set this up to the point where you're generating a diamond every couple of seconds, and can produce any item you need in vast quantity.

So it's fairly OP (overpowered) and probably best to disable on multiplayer. Assuming we're going for an experience with some grind/resource scarcity involved (keeps things interesting IMO).

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 03:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i take your point, but since it's not hard to collect more diamonds that you can possibly use just from strip mining (which is boring), surely the fun part of the TP is the actual construction of the 'factory'

i mean, however you play SMP, you always end up with either way more shit than you need, or not enough (to do huge builds). all the fun is in getting to that point

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-08-2012 07:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where it gets interesting on Technic is that diamond scarcity (just an example) is displaced by general scarcity - There are lots more raw materials and a lot more stuff to build so more demand.

Either way would work, but it feels less fun without scarcity, to me. May as well be creative mode if EE is enabled.

Not sure on whether you can practicably make a balanced game with the technic pack, I would imagine you would also need to disable some of the easy power sources (MV/HV solar).
There's still matter generation if you disable EE as industrialcraft has a tech tree for basically the same thing, but it's harder to attain and runs at a slower rate.

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 07-09-2012 07:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
Would that require a new map?

Weird, your replies only just showed up for me.

New map I think, to take advantage of all the extra features (ruins, ores).

Importing some of the structures from old maps would be neat, I can check if that's do-able.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 12:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

First, none of those images are in-game. Minecraft can not look like that.

Sure, you can get dynamic lighting or reflective water, but it won't look nearly as good as those images.

He uses something like mc2obj:
https://github.com/FalconNL/mc2obj

Exports a section of the map, defined by chunks or coordinates, to a .obj file. Opens it up a 3D modeling program, tweaks settings, applies textures, and does a render that way.

There's "easier" ways to do it like using Chunky, which has a built-in renderer, rather than using an expensive professional one.

http://chunky.llbit.se/index.php?title=Main_Page

It's slow as shit, and while it can generate some cool images, is a step down from what you saw above.

On another note, about Tekkit. I have had some experience with it, and it is cool, and worth checking out, but maybe not something you want to invest much time in. It will be buggy. It will require re-rolling maps every update. Because of those issues I don't play it any more, and the server I used to play on, that switched to Tekkit, is abandoned.

Try it yourselves, if you like it, maybe consider throwing it up on the server, but just try it first.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-16-2012 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

added a blaze dungeon near the spawn, for the lulz

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-17-2012 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks like some noobs built a double tower thing out in the swamp...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 09:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also, mjrpes - can you put me in creative plz?

i'm about done with this survival malarky, and maybe i can finish your village thing

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Made you OP so the /gamemode command should work for you.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 10:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

doesn't seem to be working. apparently, i "don't have access to that command"

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL Jews being lied to...tread carefully....

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try again?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

village is underway...

also, freddie mercury is my gay blacksmith:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 01:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Very nice.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 07-18-2012 10:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's not how Minecraft looked last time I played it

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-19-2012 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He has a bunch of texture packs installed.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 07-19-2012 08:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No matter how many layers of "pretty" are thrown at it.
It's still the refuge of lonely virgins :tear:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-19-2012 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is about your house now?

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 07-19-2012 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Worst "no, you" ever?

Probably

plained
plained
PostPosted: 07-19-2012 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i like that house there looks homey with those pretty window flower boxes ey

is it me or is the door proportion kinda small or r the flowers big?

or ami freakin?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-19-2012 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ur freakin

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-14-2012 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

holy shit epic build

http://i.imgur.com/7TbEZ.jpg

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.