Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's why it worked: none of the characters are good enough to carry a whole movie, but combined they're greater than the whole.

VOLTRON!!!

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 04:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
GONNAFISTYA wrote:

fuck u...

It's not a great movie by any stretch, but it's a far sight better than 99% of the other comic book crap that's pumped out every week.

LOL it's a whole fucking collection of the comic book crap that's pumped out every week :olo:

Did you not have a bedroom plastered with Johnny Depp as a pirate ?

Avengers anything but fucking incredible ?, you'd need to be so lonely it hurts

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
That's why it worked: none of the characters are good enough to carry a whole movie, but combined they're greater than the whole.

VOLTRON!!!

Individually the characters have carried a movie :paranoid:

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 04:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Avengers was entertaining, but seriously overrated.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How did my post get switched to gramps?

Mod fagg0try? I don't get the joke.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you're overrated

to each their own I guess, I loved it though, liked how they kicked the bitches out and didn't let Iron Man steal the show, even thought Loki pulled a solid performance which was surprising after seeing him in Thor.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 05:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Loki was the best thing about the film.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 05:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Then were agreed, it's fucking awesome. Don't mean to sound the fan boy but I can tear holes in pretty much any comic book movie adaptation, which I'm a fan of anyway, but find it hard to slag off this one.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:D

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 06:07 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Then were agreed, it's fucking awesome.

No.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 06:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U r mad

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 06:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Seething.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-19-2012 07:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
................have a bridge I wish to sell you.

This is a great read :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-21-2012 07:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Argo 8/10

Really good film. It's obvious Affleck has established himself as an A list director. The dude knows what he's doing.

Argo fuck yourself...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-21-2012 11:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

id software classified Doom3 as "a retelling". jus sayin

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 10-22-2012 01:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

clerks 2 - 5/10 it has moments, but its just not that good a film. if you have not seen the first.. watch that instead.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 10-27-2012 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arbitrage

Look I didn't plan to see this but I am happy I was persuaded :)
Interesting plot on many levels and I kept me interested to the (abrupt) ending.

2 stars of mention: Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon.
Worthy mention IMO was an actor I'd never heard of before (down under) Nate Parker (Jimmy Grant) played a great role and

Plot: American rich corporate type desperately trying to sell off (part?)of his business for ~ 400- 600 million dollars. When things go wrong he uses someone you'd least expect for assistance.

A little spoiler
Interesting sub plot on how the police try and persuade the Harlem resident to snitch and the discovery of the fake evidence on the toll way. That was well done :up:

Good story and would see again in time and worth yours 7.5/10

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-27-2012 10:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

never seen this one before. pretty good tbh, and ofcourse great visuals. but nothing over the top like say transformers sfx-wise.

then I watched the extended edition. not as good, some of the changes relally ruin some of the surprises.

gorgeous in 1080p. yay for hd

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 10-27-2012 11:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Limitless

ehhhh... need to watch phenomenon again. there's a lot to this movie (limitless) that doesn't seem to make sense, will probably watch it again in case i missed something crucially important in regards to deniro's character.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-28-2012 03:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
gorgeous in 1080p. yay for hd

You can say that again (I saw 1080i).

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-28-2012 03:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did you blink in between (every frame)?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 10-28-2012 05:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What is it with you and your aversion to brackets? Did you have your eyes closed when they taught how brackets are used at school?

Besides, you're not really going to tell me that interlaced looks exactly the same as progressive, are you?

Weak troll is weak.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 10-28-2012 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Taken 2 - rubbish/10 - same paradigm as Taken (america = land of freedom and safety and naive obliviousness to the jungle outside, rest of world = world of threats and dangers and moral decadence), only this time with an even older and less plausible liam neeson, more tight jump cuts to disguised neeson's OAP slowness in action scenes, more stupid dialogue, and less entertainment value

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 10-28-2012 08:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
What is it with you and your aversion to brackets? Did you have your eyes closed when they taught how brackets are used at school?

Besides, you're not really going to tell me that interlaced looks exactly the same as progressive, are you?

Weak troll is weak.

You miss the (point). No (one) gives a (fuck) if you saw it in 1080i or p. ()

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 10-28-2012 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Limitless

ehhhh... need to watch phenomenon again. there's a lot to this movie (limitless) that doesn't seem to make sense, will probably watch it again in case i missed something crucially important in regards to deniro's character.

I just happened to watch it last night. I got really confused in the middle-2/3rds as well. A lot of stuff was skipped through without consequence. The result was a less serious and suspenseful movie. I also found the ending was generally kind of lame. Also, the scene in the Chinese restaurant at the end of the movie actually ruined the premise of the movie for me. His mandarin was so fucking bad I couldn't understand anything he said, so it made me wonder if he spoke French/Russian that poorly also I just didn't understand. Some small thing, but it really ruined it for me.

6/10

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 11-03-2012 06:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

perks of being a wallflower - 9/10 - it's well done, i think.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-03-2012 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looper

Just got to it before it leaves our big screens.

Bruce Willis always plays a great role IMO and that new chap, for me at least, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, to him (as a young Bruce Willis (Joe)) a well done.

I watched for the time travel paradox problems, and yes, enjoyed all the same and will no doubt again in the future/past :ninja:

7.5/10
IMDB

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 11-04-2012 03:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
andyman wrote:
Limitless

I just happened to watch it last night. I got really confused in the middle-2/3rds as well. A lot of stuff was skipped through without consequence. The result was a less serious and suspenseful movie. I also found the ending was generally kind of lame.

6/10

If the story intrigued you I'd suggest reading the book rather than watching the film again. As happens with most Hollywood adapations the ending was changed from something that worked & fit the story well to 'happy hollywood ending'. A shame because apart from the last half hour it's pretty true to the book which I thought was quite a good little read.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-04-2012 06:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel
8/10

Starts off slow and tedious, and has some slow and tedious moments after that, but when it gets going it's fascinating. Don't find out what this film's about before you watch it if you don't want to spoil it :)

I think you'll like this one, Whiskey 7 :sly: :up:

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-04-2012 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Argo = 8/10 - A pretty entertaining movie, well executed with great acting.

The Watch = 7/10 - Hilarious and retarded which makes it the perfect movie to see with friends while blazed out of your skull.

The Campaign = 6/10 - Funny and depressing at the same time.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 11-04-2012 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel
8/10

Starts off slow and tedious, and has some slow and tedious moments after that, but when it gets going it's fascinating. Don't find out what this film's about before you watch it if you don't want to spoil it :)

I think you'll like this one, Whiskey 7 :sly: :up:

OK. Sounds interesting in that you don't spoil it so I will avoid any reading on it until viewed :up:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 11-05-2012 12:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jagten 8/10

Swedish film about a school teacher in a small village who gets accused of pedoism. His life and career are then destroyed by stupid villagers. Also, many very pretty shots of rural sweden in autumn.

Pretty good :up:

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-05-2012 06:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds riveting.
But prolly needs more explosions and car chases.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 11-05-2012 09:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A Dangerous Method 7/10

Kiera Knightley plays a very thin, very convincing crazy person in an interesting take on Jung and Freud; directed by David Cronenberg.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 11-17-2012 04:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
A lot of that push came from the studio very high up; they were interested in doing something original and not one more franchise film. That really came to a head at the studio – the major push to focus on the new mythology of Prometheus and dial the Aliens as far back as we could came down from the studio.

http://collider.com/prometheus-extended ... pt/200846/

Original script seemed much better.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.