Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        USB Printers

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: USB Printers

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 06-10-2013 04:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I'm pretty much at the end of my rope. And this is obviously the best place to go when it comes to that.

We recently moved my work to a new building. We have a computer (my computer I guess) that I do all the shipping from. We have 2 different label printers. One is a DYMO and one is a Zebra Thermal 2844 from UPS. They are both connected to the PC by USB. Easy right? Wrong. Neither printer will print properly since the move. They each print out half a label, and then one will just stop, the other will turn off (read: usb disconnect noise) and then reconnect a second later.

I updated the drivers, I deleted the USB ports from the device manager so they could be re-recognized during a reboot... I called the company that makes the Zebra printer.

I'm out of ideas! Thanks in advance.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-10-2013 08:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

don't know nuthin' bout em but try ZEBRA latest drv

DYMO, which freakin' type man ? office ? industrial ? model numbers plz

and fuck that BG music on DYMO

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 06-11-2013 04:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well UPS sent us a new printer yesterday, and I hooked that up and it's working fine.

The DYMO is just called 'LabelWriter Duo', no series number for this bad boy. I don't even get the BG music on this dinosaur. We're running windows 7 32bit, the excellent tech at DYMO sent me windows XP 64 bit drivers. Oh so helpful.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-11-2013 09:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

at least you got it sorted

but XP drv's lol, c'mon DYMO

hope he got lynched

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 06-12-2013 04:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unfortunately the DYMO is still being difficult. Such a simple thing, ya know?

Thanks for your help, SoM.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 06-12-2013 10:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

np brah :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.