Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        mouse specific buttons

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: mouse specific buttons

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-24-2013 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

haven't played in years. trying to get mouse buttons to work. settings recognize large side button, but not the small one. any ideas

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 09-26-2013 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whenever I had this problem I got it working by installing the mouse drivers from the manufacturers website.
By using the default mouse drivers that my OS installed my extra mose buttons would not work.
Try that
Make sure to get the latest drivers specific to your mouse.
good luck

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 09-28-2013 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, I have downloaded the drivers, but it won't acknowledge the small side button. it does the side large button fine, but when I click the small button to accept a weapon nothung happens. defective mouse??

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-28-2013 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

be more specific

what mouse/software ?

large/small buttons... u got a razer ?

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 10-02-2013 09:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does your mouse software allow you to assign the side button a new function for example assign that button to the ketstroke lto left shift, when you hit the button left shift is keyd. then in Quake assign a function to left shift.

poor example but you might get the meaning.

what is that button supposed to do by default??

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 10-05-2013 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aye, the logitech mouse software does that perfectly.

for q3a i was able to assign buttons ingame or cfg edit.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.