Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Diablo III

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Diablo III

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 07-04-2012 07:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There was a recently a blizz post where they admit that the end-game item hunt isn't as compelling as they imagined it would be. I think a lot of us that have been playing since beta or day 1 are really starting to see that.

That is, unless you're making hundreds of dollars doing it. That's different.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-04-2012 07:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try Hardcore. Suddenly, it's fun again. DooMer had it right, from the start.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-05-2012 07:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
Try Hardcore. Suddenly, it's fun again. DooMer had it right, from the start.

Hardcore has always been the way to go with a game like this. I respect people that choose not to play it, but fuck you're missing out on a lot of fun. Its insane how many close calls I've had on my 58 WD, I can't believe I haven't died yet. Multiple times I nearly just took my hands off the keyboard and gave up because I was certain I was dead. Its exciting and rewarding when you take on a tough champ pack and question whether or not you are going to make it. Knowing that 40 hours of play time could go down the drain at any point will give you much more excitement than constantly doing the normal mode grind.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 07-05-2012 07:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd love to be able to play Hardcore, but frankly, I'm not good enough. I die frequently on Normal (not as much as I once was). I'm getting better, but to have to be really good at this game for it to be fun is a bit of a downer. I think a game should allow you to suck, but still have fun...

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 07-05-2012 09:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's also the issue of having to play chicken with your internet connection. Many great Diablo 3 players have lost their HC character due to lag spikes or disconnections.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 07-05-2012 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a confession... this is how I play Diablo:

:D *champion nerd hat*

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 07-05-2012 11:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 07-29-2012 03:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally made it. Lost my first at level 52 in Halls of Agony to a Dark Berserker champion pack. Vortexed into a clusterfuck of arcane beams and desecrate without any cooldowns up.

I don't think I have the time or patience to make a serious push in Inferno :\

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-29-2012 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up: Congrats, I never tried hardcore because I figured I'd just be playing the beginning of the game over and over haha. I imagine Inferno would definitely be an exercise in frustration.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 07:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow, congrats man :)

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-10-2012 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Patch 1.0.4 Systems Preview: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923456 ... -8_10_2012

It's definitely not too little, but I'm afraid it is way too late. Many people have quit already and the 4th week of August means many more will be distracted by GW2 [I know I will be]. Still, a lot of good changes in there.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-10-2012 03:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, I quit this game at level 48 on Nightmare. Just didn't have lasting appeal...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-10-2012 03:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i quit at lvl 12 and got a full refund

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-14-2012 06:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

1.0.4 Legendary Item Improvements: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6923457/

Some crazy stuff in there. Reading the 1.0.4 previews, I can't help but feel this stuff should've been in the game at launch, not added in a patch 3 months later.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-14-2012 07:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and the passwords stealing that happened recently

berserker
berserker
PostPosted: 08-14-2012 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't wait to see those flashy new item graphics rubber band all over my screen.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 08-15-2012 08:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
As a reminder, these changes will only affect Legendary items that drop after the release of patch 1.0.4. This includes items that haven’t been identified yet (as items are rolled when they drop). With the extensive changes being made we can’t exactly translate old Legendary items to new. What might have been a decent item could become worse if we re-roll it, and vice-versa.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-16-2012 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 08-17-2012 05:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll probably wait for new content before coming back but all these changes are in the right direction finally. After I beat Darksiders 2 there is the new WoW expansion in a month.

OUR HERO
OUR HERO
PostPosted: 08-17-2012 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see so many "legit" Diablo fans praising these class buffs/content nerfs. Generally speaking, when this kind of thing happens in WoW, it causes hardcore players a great deal of grief.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 08-17-2012 10:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diablo and WoW aren't the same kind of game. WoW needs to be carefully balanced around PvP, raiding, solo play, everything, because there is no way to take the MMO aspect out of the game. The entire thing is embedded within a community that needs diversity but equality.

Diablo simply needs to be fun. It doesn't matter if a venom hydra wizard can kill diablo in 20 seconds if a chakram demon hunter can do roughly the same thing. But if a fire mage could solo raid bosses, there would be no reason to bring healers or tanks. If a prot paladin could outlive any other class in PvP, every arena team would have them.

Diablo content should be hard, but the characters need to feel fun and overpowered or people aren't going to play it. Especially when every time you find a fun way to play, Blizz ends the party.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 08-18-2012 11:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just started playing Diablo 3. Got a new PC after being out the PC gaming world for about 2 years.

Gotta say. It's quite addicitve. I also got The Old Republic, which I thought I would love. However, I do not. It's quite dull.

Cheers.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 08-19-2012 01:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that is exactly why I bought one.

I just noticed we both joined here at the same time. You have almost double my posts. ROFL.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 02:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 02:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paragon System: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6968517

Again, a great change. Capping MF is smart as I hate using it and would always prefer having defensive or DPS stats instead.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 05:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

Fuck Jay Wilson. He ruined D3. :down:

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 08-20-2012 06:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought it was odd that killing a fat, ugly, slob of a monster named "Jay Wilson" got me a Feat of Strength acheivement. Now it makes much more sense.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-21-2012 12:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like the logic of that random dude; "you made the fastest selling game of all time".

uh yea, it sold so fast because of its legacy. ie not haga's doing.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-21-2012 01:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 08-21-2012 05:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
I like the logic of that random dude; "you made the fastest selling game of all time".

I'm quite surprised at the level of unprofessionalism in that whole mess. The guy gave his honest feedback and they're acting like children who just got their sand castle knocked over.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-22-2012 02:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unofficial Paragon ladder / race to the top:

http://www.diabloprogress.com/rating.stat_paragon_level

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-22-2012 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-22-2012 08:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not much of an apology. He spends the vast majority of the post promoting the new patch and whatnot.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 08-22-2012 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They're also banning people from the forums for posting anything with a negative slant in that thread.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 08-24-2012 10:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
MKJ wrote:

I'm quite surprised at the level of unprofessionalism in that whole mess. The guy gave his honest feedback and they're acting like children who just got their sand castle knocked over.

well ~ i guess they thought their facebook conversation to be private in some sense.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.