Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Steam

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Steam

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-28-2014 04:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

been a long time user

steam won't load, my credentials are not valid, user does not exist

uninstalled steam, made a new account, new name/pass/email, and on my new account i have my old account preferences that i can't login WTF?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-28-2014 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Even if the Steam client on your computer fucked up really badly, you should still be able to log in from your web browser. If you forgot the password, try the "forgot password" link.

https://store.steampowered.com/login/

If that works, great. Uninstall Steam, clear any program cache stuff that might be attributed to Steam, reinstall.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to contact Steam support as your account is FUBAR'ed and you'll have to work it out with them to get things reset.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-28-2014 08:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i didn't forget the password. the steam client just wouldn't open, but why would my new account have shit on my previous account ?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-01-2014 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can you log in with your browser? Yes or no. I'm trying to determine if your account is messed up or just your client. If the latter, uninstall, remove anything Steam related in ProgramData, etc. and reinstall.

You asking me why things are broken for you will just net the answer, "how the fuck would I know?"

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 03-01-2014 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

browser login yes (new acc) old acc no, client uninstalled, wouldn't open at all, only game i had installed was team fortress 2

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.