Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Diablo III

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Diablo III

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 09-17-2013 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does anyone even play that game anymore? This isn't going into effect for another 6 months, and a full 2 years after the games release.

Who even cares at this point...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-17-2013 11:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

had it for a week and returned it, nuff said

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 09-17-2013 11:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyche911 wrote:
Does anyone even play that game anymore? This isn't going into effect for another 6 months, and a full 2 years after the games release.

Who even cares at this point...

It isn't relevant for Diablo III anymore, but it is highly relevant in winning people back for the upcoming expansion.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 09-18-2013 05:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

now if only they'd give D3 players offline single player, LAN, tcp/ip, mod support i'd buy it again

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 09-18-2013 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM wrote:
now if only they'd give D3 players offline single player, LAN, tcp/ip, mod support i'd buy it again

Never gonna happen:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09 ... line-only/

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-18-2013 10:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When D3 was released for PC, I had no idea it was coming to 360, let alone it would be better than the PC version. Hell, I even bought a new laptop to play it on. Shoulda waited for the console version...

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 01-02-2014 12:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So, aside from the auction house removal and "Loot 2.0", there is also a new Adventure Mode for ongoing endgame things to do.

There are bounties:

And Nephalem Rifts:

As well, a new Act 5 set in Westmarch and the Crusader class. This is quickly turning from "meh, may check it out eventually" to "this has got me rather excited".

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-02-2014 01:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I really need to grab this now

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 01-02-2014 11:57 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ohhhh boy, that seems addicting. Must. Not. Buy.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infographic explaining the ways in which Diablo 3 loot is lame:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-13-2014 07:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 12:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nerdrage

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 03:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's actually a good analysis.

I guess game developers can learn a lot from the mistakes blizzard made with Diablo 3.

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 01:11 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
I guess game developers can learn a lot from the mistakes...

Now, if only they could recognize a good design when they have one. Why dilute the franchise for the sake of it being different? That infograph seemed to imply that, overall, D3 is a regression.

Insulting seems a bit hyperbolic to me, but I don't take other people's games personally. So weird.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-14-2014 08:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just wow :dork:

blue post quote
Quote:
I’ve been keeping my eye on this thread, but was waiting for confirmation before I jumped in with some info about the Lower Difficulty feature. Our intention is for the button to work in Hardcore and Normal, but for the effect to not happen immediately.

I just wanted to let you all know what our current goals are the Lower Difficulty feature, since it’s very relevant to the Hardcore community.

*Edited for clarity*

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 01-15-2014 01:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't agree with all the criticisms of the D3 system in that picture, nor with all of the praise of the D2 system. I think the main thing it shows is that gear/stat systems are difficult to design, and it's impossible to design a system that is universally appealing to everyone.

To me, the D2 system with all its varied gear choices isn't nearly as great as it's made out to be. Wasn't it pretty much just looking up a BiS list and then chasing specific pieces? Is that really more fun than a Stat +10 upgrade system like D3's? I think a lot of this boils down to personal preference. Having said that, there are some real valid complaints there, like the woeful socket system. Rune words were great and the RoS expansion would have been a great time to introduce better socket options, so it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.

SoM wrote:

What is this in reference to, and why exactly are we meant to be outraged by it?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-15-2014 01:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

U4EA wrote:
I don't agree with all the criticisms of the D3 system in that picture, nor with all of the praise of the D2 system. I think the main thing it shows is that gear/stat systems are difficult to design, and it's impossible to design a system that is universally appealing to everyone.

To me, the D2 system with all its varied gear choices isn't nearly as great as it's made out to be. Wasn't it pretty much just looking up a BiS list and then chasing specific pieces? Is that really more fun than a Stat +10 upgrade system like D3's? I think a lot of this boils down to personal preference. Having said that, there are some real valid complaints there, like the woeful socket system. Rune words were great and the RoS expansion would have been a great time to introduce better socket options, so it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity.

SoM wrote:

What is this in reference to, and why exactly are we meant to be outraged by it?

this

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 01-15-2014 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Deathshroud wrote:
Why dilute the franchise for the sake of it being different? That infograph seemed to imply that, overall, D3 is a regression.

I don't think this is the implicit request. The very core of a diablo2-like game is the loot system. And I agree with the analysis outlined in the infograph: The D3 loot system is boring. And the reasons they give seem convincing: There is only one important stat per item.

Deathshroud wrote:
Insulting seems a bit hyperbolic to me, but I don't take other people's games personally. So weird.

Yeah... that was part of the nerdrage.

[edit]

This is what D3 feels to me:

http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

or http://clickingbad.nullism.com/ if you like breaking bad.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-15-2014 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

good bye rest of the working day lol

meh...
meh...
PostPosted: 01-16-2014 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:

arg.. you bastard :cry:
Must.. make.. number.. go up faster! upgrades!

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-16-2014 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cookies so far 1,735,274,779,194
cp/s 180,469,240.6 (multiplier : 426%)
cpclick 5,422,325.6
clicks, 36.5k

lol

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-16-2014 12:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-17-2014 05:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sweet jesus

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-07-2014 02:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finally made it with Hector 6.0; lost three more recently in addition to my original two from a year ago ._.

If I'm completely honest, it's not as much of an achievement anymore, since:
o MP0 is easier than 1.0.3 and a LOT easier than pre-1.0.3 levels of difficulty
o The new account bound Archon craftable recipes are pfg
o High paragon level farmers have made decent gear more accessible than before, nowhere near the extent of softcore mind you, but still

And yea "OLD" etc. etc., I'm still pretty chuffed.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-19-2014 06:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 02-19-2014 06:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is it out?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-19-2014 06:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not yet

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-19-2014 07:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
is it out?

March 25. I've been playtesting on the PTR and it is a shitload of fun now. Loot drops are actually something to look forward to, even rares. Legendaries actually drop, AND are almost always worthwhile upgrades. It's great. The AH can fuck off.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-24-2014 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reaper of Souls closed beta and patch 2.0.1 PTR draw to a close and 10 hour scheduled game maintenance, leading to speculation that 2.0.1 might drop on live tonight.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 02-25-2014 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As expected, 2.0.1 is live!

Partial patch notes: http://diablo.somepage.com/news/1796-di ... atch-notes

Or: http://imgur.com/a/bslFh

Full notes to be released on 28 Feb.

i liek boobies
i liek boobies
PostPosted: 03-04-2014 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Official "What's New in Patch 2.0.1" vid:

I've been playing it for a week now, and it's great. This is what the game should have been like at launch. I've already replaced most of my gear with better Loot 2.0 drops and have had quite a few legendaries drop as well [pretty much all of which have been upgrades]. Haven't touched the AH at all aside from selling crafting mats, which have dramatically spiked in price since lots of people are returning and crafting under Loot 2.0 rules.

They're implementing a 50% XP bonus across the board until RoS is released, to give people a chance to accumulate the new shared Paragon levels [or Sharagon as some people call it]. I'm using it for leveling hardcore classes instead, got a Wizard up to 40 already with only a couple hours play on Expert difficulty.

Also, Q3W clan is up on US servers, so hit it up if you want.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-05-2014 06:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I guess I'll try this. It's probably been over a year since I played. I left the update downloading overnight. Fuck it's big, 12GB? Hopefully I'll have time tonight and I'll hop on the Q3W server...

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-05-2014 06:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been playing a little this week. Its slowly winning me back.

Whenever I decided to stop playing I had sold off all my good gear so I had to pull some cheaper stuff off the gold AH based on the old stats I favored. So don't laugh at my shitty rares but check out the main-hand legendary that dropped for me off my first Torment 1 boss kill. I got another legendary clearing my way to the Butcher but it sucked. The rares I've been finding haven't topped my AH stuff yet but I love how I'm getting almost entirely class specific stat rolls.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Resr ... o/40994616

!Berserker!
!Berserker!
PostPosted: 03-05-2014 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game sucked me back in, this is what I was expecting since it was first released.

@Bitwise: That is a sweet dagger. Lots of damage output from the looks of it.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 03-05-2014 11:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

does the expansion require the original game to be installed?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.