Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 11:54 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was wondering why I hadn't seen any walls of jimmy rustled text filled with school-yard expletives lately.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 01:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
he ragequitted off the forum, so don't count on it.
he mad.

when?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

first nerdshade, then the anti-nerdshade

it's like rustle karma or something

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 06:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
he ragequitted off the forum, so don't count on it.
he mad.

I missed that, good.

He was just another dummy that thought he was the smartest motherfucker in the room, like most people on here.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 06:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

EtUL wrote:
He was just another dummy that thought he was the smartest motherfucker in the room, like most people on here.

I think the reality is that most people here are actually smarter than you are. :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 07:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was a good one.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 01-06-2014 08:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

way smarter

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 12:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

funny that you had to wait till he was gone to say that.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 03:00 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He'll be back. They always come back.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 06:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I liked that fat wanker.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 08:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
funny that you had to wait till he was gone to say that.

(he's still reading)

I will miss being able to trigger page long sanctimonious rants with only a line of text about ryan dunn or paris hilton.

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 11:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

<3 q3w bros ey y'all come back now y'here!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-07-2014 04:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Green Lantern was on last night.
they really overcomplicate things.. after an hour I decided to take a nap, which was pretty great: 4/5 snoozes.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 03:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Green Lantern was on last night.
they really overcomplicate things.. after an hour I decided to take a nap, which was pretty great: 4/5 snoozes.

:olo: old people.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lone Survivor -- 9/10
Makes Blackhawk Down look like Tropic Thunder

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-08-2014 10:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's a bold statement...

PostPosted: 01-08-2014 10:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well I was bored by blackhawk down and uninvested in the characters

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 05:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Y'all watch some shitty movies... Pathetic...

Mew Legs!
Mew Legs!
PostPosted: 01-09-2014 11:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Went and saw American Hustle with the lady the past weekend. Definitely recommended.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-10-2014 01:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Lone Survivor -- 9/10
Makes Blackhawk Down look like Tropic Thunder

Watched this too yesterday, thought it was a real terrible attempt at recreating Blackhawk Down, which was miles better... the best 2 things i can say about it is that they had some great shots and it was filmed in an area that looks a lot like Afghanistan. But how you were more invested in the characters in this than in BHD is beyone me, every character was so utterly two dimensional even Michael Bay could learn from it.

Also, lots and lots of dumb patriotism layed on real thick, no study of the Talib tactics in that particular battle (which would have made for a much more interesting watch), a needlessly dramatized fictional ending (would have been far more powerful to show how Pashtunwali made Shah not attack the villagers and retreat to Pakistan instead of waiting for the inevitable US onslaught like some kind of moron), etc etc.

What made Blackhawk Down powerful was that it was a fuckup from beginning to end, with some heroics mixed in. This was basically the same thing, the original operation was a complete mess and Shah not only survived, but came out a lot stronger. But no, lets portray him as some kind of unreasonable savage that's hot on beheadings and ignores common guerilla battle tactics, folks might think we're fighting a cunning people with decades of experience as warriors instead of worthless animals.

And goddamn i hate that actor, whatshisface, the dude who survives? Mark something or another? He's horrendous and he cannot act for shit and i wish a plague upon his house :!:

PostPosted: 01-10-2014 02:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where's the patriotism and jingoism people talk about?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-10-2014 03:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it might help you in life to realize that sometimes ideas and concepts can be communicated in non explicit ways.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 01-10-2014 04:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sage words.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-15-2014 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Van Diemen's Land 2009

Not a bad movie, but very dark and brutal. It depicts convicts escaping their penal colony to the wilds on the west coast of Tasmania.

I enjoyed what I would term a powerful movie and although it dragged in parts it is well worth watching given the chance.

Set in the early 1800's.

7.5/10

Synopsis from the IMDB
Quote:
This is the true Story of Alexander Pearce, an Irishman who was sentenced to forced labour on the island of Van Diemen's Land (Now Tasmania).

The Film is initially about the brutality of this wild untamed wilderness for seven runaways. Van Diemen's Land appears to be a place bereft of any kind of life other than the escapees themselves. The cinematography captures a horrendously cruel wilderness.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 01-17-2014 12:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

More a documentary, about George A. Romero's "Night of the Living Dead":

Birth of the Living Dead

A pleasure to watch, especially if you're into the zombie genre like me.
Snazzilly snipped together into a mix of talking heads (Romero) and sweet footage.

Re-establishes its cinematographical and historical significance :up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-25-2014 03:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A Fish Called Wanda

IMDB

Classic!

A must see.

9.5/10

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-30-2014 03:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Wolf of Wall Street 4/10

Giving it 4/10 purely on it being mildly entertaining, a few of the drug scenes made me laugh a little bit.

This movie managed to piss me off more than a bit actually. Yes, let's glorify some asshole that did immense damage and got away mostly clean... it's a few rotten individuals that do this sort of thing after all, not well respected institutions. Wolf offers no underlying message, no moral lesson, nothing to make you think. If Scorcese had balls he would have made this movie about HSBC laundering cartel money on a scale so terrifying it led to exactly zero convictions and the largest fine in history, which translated to about 5 weeks of profit.

This film could have told an important story but instead chose to entertain. Gutless. :down:

Borgman 8/10

A complete trip, i really liked this one. A drifter slowly forces himself upon a rich, posh family and proceeds to utterly destroy them in ways that are just... fucking weird. Succeeds in giving the viewer the creeps for the entire length of the film.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-30-2014 10:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Generation War (2013)

Yes saw last of 3 TV episodes last night and simply one word fits and that is excellent :up:
Like Band of Brothers but from the German perspective.

From IMDB a quick summary

Quote:
Berlin, 1941. Five friends eager to become heroes in an adventure that will change the face of Europe - and that will forever change them as well. Level-headed, highly decorated officer Wilhelm is off to the eastern front with his younger brother Friedhelm, a sensitive dreamer more interested in literature than warfare. Deeply in love with Wilhelm is Charlotte, a young nurse who looks forward to serving in the Wehrmacht, also on the eastern front.

Excellent 9/10

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 01-30-2014 10:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Some truly funny bits, some heart warming moments and nice cinematic scenes of Greenland, Iceland, Afghanistan. My favorite scene is the Benjamin Button day dream. I liked this movie but there are slow bits that seem to drag on. Ben Stiller did a real fine job in this movie as well as the other supporting actors although the Walter's sisters role seemed unecessary.
Have some fun watching this 7/10 movie, it's good enough.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-14-2014 11:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

John Dies At The End

Interesting premise, it had my full intrigue in the first and second acts. It had this whole Jacob's Ladder thing going on.
And then the lights come on and everything gets ruined by over exposition, followed by what I can only describe as a Bill&Ted-esque third act, including crass humor.

And then there's a much unneeded twist at the end which serves no purpose.
Left me with a bad taste.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-14-2014 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Carlito's Way - 8/10

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-14-2014 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Event Horizon BR :up:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-14-2014 02:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Social Network

pretty good, actually :)

The World is Yours...
The World is Yours...
PostPosted: 02-14-2014 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Phillips 8/10

I'm a Tom Hanks fan to begin with anyway. Something about the fact that this happened, and still happens, makes the whole story crazy. I recommend a watch if you haven't seen it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.