Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Post your unfinished stuff

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Post your unfinished stuff

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-12-2014 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I copied this idea from Mapcore due all the goodness that is posted in that specific thread. It's scary to see what kind of quality stuff designers abandon. So, Quake 3 has been around a long time. Feel free to post anything here that never saw the light of day. I'll start:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-12-2014 08:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ImageImage

I started this forever ago. The main reason I am not going to finish this, at least not for a long while, is because it takes around 24 hours to compile, takes over 32GB of RAM, and there are some shader issues that really confuse me and I can't solve. Also, the gameplay is really bad. Some time I'll make another Minecraft map, but having to create literally every brush on my own is really tedious. The only part of this map that I didn't make manually was the tree leaves, because for it to be more "traditional", each block needs to be textured on all 6 sides.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-12-2014 04:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CTF version of mjkq3adm5 "House Of Evil" on my todo list - atm in progress
more pics here -> viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51&p=979577#p979577

Coaxial head maze map. on my todo list - in progress

Quake E1M1 CTF remake. on my todo list - in progress

A roundabout, not really a real map.

Experimental gameplay map - very early alpha. on my todo list

Extended version of 13black "The Black Realm" - with a lot of exterior environment. on my todo list

Proball map on a chess board.

Quake 2 "Final Showdown" as CTF - very early alpha.

E1M7 Quake as DM map - early alpha. on my todo list

Doom2 Dead Simple - lack of gameplay - never gonna finish it.

Hexagonal map - alpha. on my todo list

CTF version of Q3DM7 - the center area sucks atm.

CTF flagroom - featuring the pavilion from the Quake3 intro video "shootout with Sarge".

Small DM map - very early alpha. on my todo list

Some kind of a small rocketarena - alpha.

Another small rocketarena in wooden bricks style.

:D

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 07-13-2014 01:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is hipshot's thread!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-13-2014 01:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:

There already was a thread like this?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-13-2014 02:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sst13 wrote:
Quake 2 "Final Showdown" as CTF - very early alpha.

In other words, q3wc5...

As far as Q2 SP maps go, it'd be interesting to see a mix of base1, 2 and 3 as a CTF map.

Pretty sexy E1M1 remake though :up: I've always been a fan of your work.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-14-2014 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have two projects I've not touched for months.
I have quite a clear idea where both are heading, but unfortunately no time right now.

The above shot is from the doodle map I started with the fancy external lightmapping. My idea was that it would be an abandoned arboretum or botanic garden setting.

This map is really just a bunch of building right now. I wanted to build a town map that worked. I had planned to set the map around a hill side to allow vertical game play. Since I'm living in SE Asia I have a lot of Paranakan source photos that I thought would make for an interesting and unique setting.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 07-15-2014 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
cityy wrote:

There already was a thread like this?

No, I meant in terms of Hipshot never finishing his stuff. :p

Here is an unfinished project for xonotic which I'm (in theory) still working on.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150 ... ots/40.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150 ... ots/41.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150 ... ots/44.jpg

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-16-2014 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

boner@citty

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-17-2014 07:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
Here is an unfinished project for xonotic which I'm (in theory) still working on.

This reminds me of The Reckoning MP for Quake 2 heh

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-23-2014 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lots of nice work here that I would personally like to see finished! :P

@cityy: kick ass stuff brother.

Here are a few from me. These were all quake 4 projects that I never finished.

Gothika - Was going to be a huge mountain fortress made with mostly custom assets:

Arena-X - A small, celshaded 2v2 ctf map:

Deck 11 - A dm map set on a space station:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-15-2014 02:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Come on people. Surely there must be more then this!

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 09-15-2014 02:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Might be I already posted those in the screenshots thread once upon a time but here we go:

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-15-2014 04:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
Might be I already posted those in the screenshots thread once upon a time but here we go:

Sugoi! What happened to it?

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 09-15-2014 10:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Infernis wrote:
Sugoi! What happened to it?

University and my gf happened to it. :owned:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-20-2014 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

KittenIgnition wrote:
*pix*

I started this forever ago. The main reason I am not going to finish this, at least not for a long while, is because it takes around 24 hours to compile, takes over 32GB of RAM, and there are some shader issues that really confuse me and I can't solve. Also, the gameplay is really bad. Some time I'll make another Minecraft map, but having to create literally every brush on my own is really tedious. The only part of this map that I didn't make manually was the tree leaves, because for it to be more "traditional", each block needs to be textured on all 6 sides.

if you hadn't said this was for Q3 i'd have assumed it actually was MC with shadermod or something similar. looks fantastic, but i guess it's tricky to make something that looks sufficiently MC while being playable as a Q3 map

why does it take 24hrs to compile? isn't most of it detail brushes?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 09-20-2014 12:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

haven't mapped for Q3 for almost 10 years, but here goes

unplayable, patch-based arena provisionally entitled Steamworks...

giant world phong-shaded pond thing...

not sure what this was going to be. sort of reminds me of Xen...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-20-2014 04:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What the shit? That last one looks pretty weird, sort of like something from Oblivion

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 09-21-2014 12:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@ Seremtan, I remember those screens, I always found those pac-man lilies a bit to sharp =). Love the name, too bad QL is no Steamworks game.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now it is Hipshot. So your comment's now invalid >:D

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 09-01-2016 01:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:

Reminds me a lot of "Japanese Castles" by g1zm0, which is a good thing! Map's up on lvlworld here, if you don't know what I'm referring to. (What the hell? There's already a 15-year-old icon on lvlworld? Last time I checked the 10-year-old one was the new fad, time flies...)

EDIT: Also don't get me started on my unfinished maps, so many of these, but they'll be done one way or the other.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.