The last movie you saw

Open discussion about any topic, as long as you abide by the rules of course!
Tsakali

Re: The last movie you saw

Post by Tsakali »

am I racist for guessing the black guy was gonna be doing all the fainting?
Captain

Post by Captain »

The Equalizer - 6/10

Black Bruce Willis vs Russian Kevin Spacey
obsidian

Post by obsidian »

Gone Girl - WTF/10

The trailer looked alright. Started off as a bit of a satire about small town America, stupid network TV hosts, lonely housewives, media distortion, etc... followed by a slow pressure cooker of strange circumstances that quickly boiled over into absolute insanity. There is so much tension throughout this film, Hitchcock would have been proud. I enjoyed this movie, particularly for it's unpredictability and plot twists which gives it it's WTF/10 rating.

Oh, right... soundtrack is by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, so I enjoyed that too.
[size=85][url=http://gtkradiant.com]GtkRadiant[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com]Q3Map2[/url] | [url=http://q3map2.robotrenegade.com/docs/shader_manual/]Shader Manual[/url][/size]
ALMighty

Post by ALMighty »

The Wolf of Wall Street - snore/10

Watched for about an hour, was entertained for about 50 minutes but then got incredibly bored.
I get it, they're crazy. What else? If it had been a 1 and 1/2 hour movie I would have pushed through, but 2 more hours of this? Pass.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/almighty1984]Music[/url]
xer0s

Post by xer0s »

Gone Girl 1-10/10

I have no idea how to rate this. I'm pretty sure what I saw was a really good film. But there's just something about it that really bothered me. And I can't put my finger on it. It might have been the woman that plays the wife. She was either a really good actress, or really bad. I'm leaning good. Maybe it was the music. I don't know, something rubbed me wrong, but I still really liked it...
Tsakali

Post by Tsakali »

lol
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

That's xer0s waiting for someone else's opinion to come along so that he can latch onto it.
feedback

Post by feedback »

xer0s wrote:Gone Girl 1-10/10

I have no idea how to rate this. I'm pretty sure what I saw was a really good film. But there's just something about it that really bothered me. And I can't put my finger on it. It might have been the woman that plays the wife. She was either a really good actress, or really bad. I'm leaning good. Maybe it was the music. I don't know, something rubbed me wrong, but I still really liked it...
Movie falls apart in the last half as the script is shit and the characters don't make any sense. They do things just because... movie. It's held together by solid acting and direction by whoever that cunt is who directed it. Fincher.
I love quake!
Captain

Post by Captain »

Grab on xer0s
Mat Linnett

Post by Mat Linnett »

Frank

A surprisingly star-studded cast for a film inspired by the late Chris Sievey / Frank Sidebottom.
Very enjoyable; a kind of Spinal Tap for the alternative scene. If you're English, you just have to watch it ignoring your preconceptions of who Frank Sidebottom was and go with the delightfully warped story following the tribulations of this group of lunatic misfits.

Pretty cool music too :)

Cast includes Michael Fassbender, Domhnall Gleeson and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Gyllenhaal in particular stands out as the psychopathic Clara.
andyman

Post by andyman »

Coherence
-Cool movie, but the slow parts are sloooooowwwwwww and then it kicks right into the plot, however key pieces you need to notice are in the slow, boring parts. Otherwise an interesting concept.

The Signal
8/10, pretty darn good
losCHUNK

Post by losCHUNK »

andyman wrote:Coherence
-Cool movie, but the slow parts are sloooooowwwwwww and then it kicks right into the plot, however key pieces you need to notice are in the slow, boring parts. Otherwise an interesting concept.
I liked it, i'd give ita 6 mainly cos the boring parts were so fucking boring, if I was being generous i'd give it a 6.5. The concept and the way it's weaved together makes the movie worthwhile :up:
ALMighty wrote:The Wolf of Wall Street - snore/10

Watched for about an hour, was entertained for about 50 minutes but then got incredibly bored.
I get it, they're crazy. What else? If it had been a 1 and 1/2 hour movie I would have pushed through, but 2 more hours of this? Pass.
Same, I think I got as far as you n all. The 1st 5 minutes was the same as 55 minutes in, just with more money. Might aswell watch Lizard Lick Towing.

/fuck it.
[color=red] . : [/color][size=85] You knows you knows [/size]
Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra »

Captain Mazda wrote:

On that note, watch A Touch of Sin while you're at it.
I watched a Touch of Sin. Didn't really do it for me to be honest, but thanks for recommending any way :q3:
Pext

Post by Pext »

Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10

Pretty good! I had real fun watching it.
Eraser

Post by Eraser »

Alien.
Really?
Yes.

It's still a very entertaining movie to watch, with the right mindset. It certainly isn't scary anymore but the design of everything is great. It's very 1979 though, especially the space age high tech advanced people still smoking like nobody's ever heard of lung cancer before.

Got Aliens cued up next
Ryoki

Post by Ryoki »

The Purge 4/10

Really quite poor, yet i kept watching for some reason. Don't bother.
[size=85][color=#0080BF]io chiamo pinguini![/color][/size]
Chupacabra

Post by Chupacabra »

Pext wrote:Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10

Pretty good! I had real fun watching it.
Edge of Tomorrow was great.
Captain

Post by Captain »

Automata - 9/10

Watch it if you're not a moron.
Tsakali

Post by Tsakali »

Captain Mazda wrote:Automata - 9/10
Just like most science fiction movies, it intrigues, hooks, but ultimately fails to deliver.
7/10
Captain

Post by Captain »

I thought it was great, as long as you ignore the part with Melanie Griffith. Fucking terrible acting.
Chupacabra wrote:
Captain Mazda wrote:
On that note, watch A Touch of Sin while you're at it.
I watched a Touch of Sin. Didn't really do it for me to be honest, but thanks for recommending any way :q3:
Did you watch the other two? Mother is also a pretty gripping murder mystery.
MKJ

Post by MKJ »

Watched Max Payne again, thinking there were at least some redeeming qualities I forgot about.

No.
Lieutenant Dan

Post by Lieutenant Dan »

Fury 7/10

It was entertaining, well made, story was meh, but overall not bad.
seremtan

Post by seremtan »

Conspiracy - 7/10 - docu-movie about the Wannsee Conference

in a way, it undermined its own billing as 'the conference where they decided to do the Holocaust'; it wasn't decided at Wannsee, it was decided by Hitler before then, given to Heydrich to carry out, and he held the conference to basically tell all the government/military depts to make sure they would all be on board

it was more about how these guys reacted to being told to participate in industrialised mass murder
menkent

Post by menkent »

oooo, i might have to watch that. *checks netflix*
Whiskey 7

Post by Whiskey 7 »

Super 8

Yes, I am sure you've probably seen it but it was my first :)

You may know the story but briefly, schoolkids witness a train crash. An alien held in captivity by the government and the escape.

IMO, not bad entertainment at all ad worthy of a view given the chance. 7.5/10

IMDB
[color=#FFBF00]Physicist [/color][color=#FF4000]of[/color] [color=#0000FF]Q3W[/color]