Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-17-2014 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well Optimus Prime riding a robotic fire breathing T-rex into battle with a sword sounds good on paper but it kinda falls short on the big screen :smirk:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-21-2014 02:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Skyfall - wank/10 - Javier Bardem was the only good thing in this cumgargling shitfest of a movie

the new Q is a massive bell-end, and replacing Judi Dench with Ralph Fiennes isn't going to save this franchise from a one-way trip to fail town

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-21-2014 02:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kick Ass 2 - 5 / 10

I enjoyed it when I watched it. But I have low standards. This movie is crap. Some funny ideas though.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 07-26-2014 09:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Last Starfighter

Yes, you know the film :ducky:

Synopis: A teenage boy gets a record score on a video Starfighter coin op game that summons aliens to collect him to join their defense force as an expert gunner, teaming up with a reptilian alien as his Gun Star pilot

It was nice to see residents of the trailer park were not to worried about a first contact.

I will not rate as it is that old and just say it is OK.

Oh, and clicky here for google images to remind you.
IMDB

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-26-2014 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lawl does goof.avi

it's on torrentz

btw, lawl wins

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-01-2014 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Stargate 1994

The movie that stars Kurt Russell and the original film that started the franchise.

I'd love to say a classic of course. You've all no doubt seen it but I hadn't since just after release.

Enjoyable 7/10

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 08-02-2014 01:05 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like Stargate, especially the series. Fanda now broadcasts Stargate Universe, which is unfinished I think.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 08-02-2014 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Thirteenth Floor, 1999, old movie but very good
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-02-2014 06:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:

Always wanted to see that but never had the chance :smirk:
.....scans local video rental shop, and how are they disappearing so quickly :!: (The video rental shops)

Email to local to see it it is avail so thanks lars63 for the prompt :D

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-03-2014 04:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet? They say it's really good and it's getting incredible reviews. I'm surprised. From the trailer, I had it pegged for a goofy, cash cow, with little potential...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 06:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I loved it, I'm a fan of the Marvel movies anyway. Not all, thought Thor 2 was pants, Iron man 2+3 were lacking. You also need to remember The Avengers was getting great reviews n all, that's a movie I also liked and thought was the best of the franchise, along with Iron Man before this come along.

It's got a talking Racoon and tree so you can only take it so seriously but it does have a more serious underlying tone to the entire film that separates itself from the rest of the franchise imo, It's not all about the visuals, explosions and action scenes. If you like some Marvel films then I'd expect you'd atleast like it, if you don't like the franchise then I guess it would have an uphill struggle to please you anyway :shrug:

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 09:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Skyfall - wank/10 - Javier Bardem was the only good thing in this cumgargling shitfest of a movie

the new Q is a massive bell-end, and replacing Judi Dench with Ralph Fiennes isn't going to save this franchise from a one-way trip to fail town

yea i mostly agree

still tho the foot chases are pretty cool in the new movies

i think they will eventually do a throwback/retro thing

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 09:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"eventually"?

the whole franchise is a throwback retro thing. a British spy in a tuxedo who spends all his time sipping vodka martinis? all he needs to complete the look is to drive around Big Ben in an old model Mini with a bulldog in the back and a Beatles soundtrack on the 8-track, surrounded by elderly women in headscarves with bad teeth and appalling dress sense shopping for potatoes

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-04-2014 11:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
.......Email to local (video rental store) ......

So I sent that email and it was answered

Code:
Hi Whiskey 7,

Sorry for the delay.  We do have the "Thirteenth Floor" but it is an ex-rental.  We can either sell it to you for $4.00 or change it to a rental and charge $3.30 for the rental of the movie as it is a weekly. Let me know what you would like to do.
Cheryl

I replied

Code:
Hello Cheryl.
Yes I will visit probably today and buy so if you could arrange it be under the counter that would be grand.
Thank you for the effort here.
Cheers
Whiskey 7

Well I rocked up today to pick it up and staff were searching their shelves for it as the store just opened and I guess they'd read their emails.

I assisted and located it easily but guess what? It was now marked for sale at $2. Two dollars :!: Believe it :!:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-05-2014 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you should post that story on reddit

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-05-2014 08:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey, I'm having a hard time believing that story...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-05-2014 12:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

$2!!? I hope you bought extra copies for your friends.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-05-2014 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
$2!!? I hope you bought extra copies for your friends.

It is a rare movie and it was the only copy available.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-05-2014 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
lars63 wrote:

Always wanted to see that but never had the chance :smirk:
.....scans local video rental shop, and how are they disappearing so quickly :!: (The video rental shops)

Email to local to see it it is avail so thanks lars63 for the prompt :D

should have sent me a pm, coulda hooked you up

ps, it sux

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-08-2014 09:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Anyone seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet? They say it's really good and it's getting incredible reviews. I'm surprised. From the trailer, I had it pegged for a goofy, cash cow, with little potential...

same here, but I saw it and it was pretty awesome...

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-10-2014 01:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Guardians of the Galaxy is excellent. The trailer doesn't do it justice.

Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 08-10-2014 10:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought it was just decent. A slower more paced script with more live sets would have done the material better justice. I think the opening scene is best.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 08-11-2014 06:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I thought your dad was just decent.

PostPosted: 08-11-2014 08:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

knowing my dad that's very generous

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-19-2014 08:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just returned home from the movie cinema where we watched The Hundred-Foot Journey

Portrays the rivalry between the two restaurants, yes you guessed, 100 feet apart and across the road and a young Indian cook who quickly becomes a culinary master in France

Good plot and character roles. Helen Mirren, as always excellent :up:

Well worth your time: 8/10

IMDB

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 05:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Forgot to mention I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last weekend. Awesome, hilarious film. Probably my favorite comic book film so far...

9/10

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 05:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also watched Little Shop of Horrors. Hadn't seen it since I was a kid. It's a fun movie. Loved Steve Martin as the dentist...

6/10

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 06:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure if score should be higher or lower...:paranoid:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 07:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Manchurian Candidate.

the Denzel remake?

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Capote 7/10
Fight Club (again, doesn't hold up so well)
Habemus Papam_[We Have a Pope] 6/10 -expected more (there is no god)
Jaws- re-watched this. Great movie but highly inaccurate re: sharks
Moonrise Kingdom 7.3/10 Great cast and interesting parable but not Anderson's best.
Expendables 3 3/10 Couldn't finish this one. The cameos are the best part (hint* the movie is boring as shit) could not finish despite a few tries.
Grand Budapest Hotel 7.3/10 love the cast, fun movie but was hoping for more.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-20-2014 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a million ways to die in the west 3/10

trailer was better

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 02:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

X-Men: First Class

Should have been broken up into a trilogy, so each element of the story could be more in-depth. It was more of an X-Men origins story "lite", with a lot crammed into one film, none of it going into much detail.

6/10

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 02:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
Grand Budapest Hotel 7.3/10 love the cast, fun movie but was hoping for more.

i'm a big fan, but i couldn't get into this one. turned it off at the chase scene toward the end :(

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-24-2014 09:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sin City 2 - 5/10

It was Sin City visuals with a lot less story. It was reminiscent of the disappointment that was seeing the 2nd Matrix in theaters.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 08-25-2014 10:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just sat through 3 hours of that classic Clint Eastwood western The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

I was lucky enough to record it on a commercial free channel late last night so enjoyed 3 hours of the best :up:

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Sadly I remember Eli Herschel Wallach passed away only a couple of months ago :tear:

Classic: If you haven't viewed it is simply a must.
8/10

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.