Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Anyone play Destiny?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Anyone play Destiny?

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-25-2014 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

'Ello

At the risk of being crucified (excuse the terminology on Christmas Day)

Does anyone here play Destiny on the *ahem* PS4?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-25-2014 02:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-25-2014 03:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice one but no I don't.

Welcome back by the way :D

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-25-2014 04:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DonCarlos1983

Let's raid

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-26-2014 12:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Nice one but no I don't.

Welcome back by the way :D

Heh, cheers :)

Don Carlos wrote:
DonCarlos1983

Let's raid

Sweet, will add you. If you're a Christmas n00b then I may change my mind :p

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 12-26-2014 01:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am....:paranoid:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-26-2014 01:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried the demo. Soooo boring.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-26-2014 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm really enjoying it but it certainly isn't the game the it was hyped up to be

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-26-2014 11:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've got a lot 30 Hunter, a 28 warlock and a 27 titan, iori dyson

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-27-2014 01:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Apparently Kim Dotcom does.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 12-28-2014 12:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I tried it for about 3 days but had to quit due to the fact it sucked so monumentally bad. Huge buildup for a game that is an utter bore with the exception of a few big battles with other players.

Weapon selection seemed very mundane as well.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-28-2014 12:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a shit game

guru
guru
PostPosted: 12-28-2014 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What was that Xbox game that was going to let people on PC and Xbox play at the same time - only multiplayer arena stuff. It sucked bad...can't remember the name. Destiny reminded me of a larger scale version of that.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 12-28-2014 01:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck you shadowrun was fucking amazing.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 12-28-2014 02:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's the one.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-28-2014 03:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so is his GTI, it's amazing

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 01-08-2015 10:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, this game sucks. I played the shit out of it for a few months and used to love it. But slowly I realized all the little tricks Bungie used to keep me playing. It was subtle but sinister. :down:

I can't even say it was subversive, either, because their model seems to be the norm from the games coming out of big studios lately (Watch_Dogs, anyone). The story was hyped for Destiny, but it is virtually nonexistent in the actual game. And what little does exist is hidden off behind a website in their grimoire or whatever, and you don't hear about it in game. As far as gameplay, they just put together a bunch of game mechanics that encourage you to keep playing, and keep moving the goal posts once you reach the max level/gear. The main mechanic used in missions is to deploy your multitool bot to unlock a door/decipher a code/activate a thing for a period of time while enemies attack you, then proceed to a boss. The vast majority of missions are that way. So dull.

Bungie conned $60 out of me. Then another $25 because I have poor impulse control. I really need to stop preordering games. :(

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 01-09-2015 02:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's been pretty weak so far :/

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 01-09-2015 04:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's shit. I don't know wtf they were thinking. The worst part is that it's core it's well built. So it's like a potentially awesome game that they just systematically made as stupid as they could.

Say ello to my l'il frien'
Say ello to my l'il frien'
PostPosted: 01-09-2015 08:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been enjoying it. The game shines during raids/crusible matches with friends.

The constant need to grind gear and complete bounties is getting old

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-12-2015 10:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I agree with most of what has been said but even so I don't get a lot of time to play games these days so I haven't reached saturation point with Destiny yet (although I defo agree with the sentiment about grinding out repetitive missions/bounties).

The best content is undoubtedly the raids and PvP and whilst I've had some reasonable success on them it's very hit and miss and I'm getting bored of listening to the utter shit that some people chat in pickup games.

If anyone wants to put together a regular(ish) raid group or play some crucible then my psn is Blowsy1982

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-13-2015 01:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am a mighty level 6...I'll add you up and get levelling.

Do you DriveClub?

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 02-15-2015 01:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DriveClub?

Yeah get yourself levelled up. The content gets better after Lvl 20 and I'm happy to run through some of the standard missions with you to get you levelled quicker.

I'll be on this evening so will keep an eye out for you

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-28-2015 07:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/06/23/dest ... el-screwed

Quote:
Eurogamer: Final question on prices -

Luke Smith: Is it also the final question on the emotes?

Eurogamer: I’m not going to mention them again. I can’t get them.

Luke Smith: But you can if you buy the Collector’s Edition.

Eurogamer: I’m not going to buy the game and the two DLCs all over again.

Luke Smith: Okay, but first I want to poke at you on this a little bit.

Eurogamer: Poke at me?

Luke Smith: You’re feeling anxious because you want this exclusive content but you don’t know yet how much you want it. The notion of spending this money is making you anxious, I can see it -

Eurogamer: I do want them. I would buy them -

Luke Smith: If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen.

Eurogamer: What I’m saying is that fan frustration is not because they don’t understand the proposition. It comes regardless of how cool the exclusive content is. The frustration - and mine as a fan - is that the method of acquiring it requires me to re-buy content I bought a year ago.

Luke Smith: [Long pause] It’s about value. The player’s assessment of the value of the content.

Wow. Just wow.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-28-2015 11:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Κracus wrote:
It's a shit game

Called it over six months ago.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-28-2015 02:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck Bungie.

I always thought Halo was overrated, too.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-29-2015 03:08 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I enjoyed the 1st and 2nd and Halo Reach. The rest can go suck dicks.

420?
420?
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

h8rs gunna h8

New patch came out Tuesday. It's now the game it should have been from the start. DLC on the 15th.

:up:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 02:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It has been a while charliealpha :eek:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 04:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too little, too late. :down:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 10:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can only hear Casedogg when I see charliealpha's nick.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 10:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
I can only hear Casedogg when I see charliealpha's nick.

Casedogg :tear:
He gave me a hard time as I recall. . .

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 09-10-2015 11:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Fuck Bungie.

Bam, right on the spot. Halo is the most overrated POS ever.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 12:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing they did right was the marketing. And look where we are now with AAA games.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 09-11-2015 06:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Transient wrote:
Fuck Bungie.

Bam, right on the spot. Halo is the most overrated POS ever.

See, I never understand this. If hundreds of millions of people played and enjoyed Halo, how can it be overrated? Of course, it's a matter of opinion whether or not something is good. But if so many people like it, how is it overrated? Really, "overrated" shouldn't be used in this context. "Overrated" should be used when you're talking about a ranking system. Say Halo is ranked 3rd on the all time greatest games list. Then it might be "overrated"...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.