Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Collection of all my Quake 3 mods

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Collection of all my Quake 3 mods

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have no idea if this is ok or not, but what the hell. I wanted to share these anyway, since I spent a considerable amount of time putting it together.
This is a collection of all the modifications I've made/ported to Quake 3. All mods have been done to improve the visuals, while staying true to the original Quake 3 style.
This pack is made for use with ioquake3. It makes use of materials as well as standard Quake 3 shaders. If you use this pack with the standard quake3.exe, I can't garuntee everything will work properly.

Here is a list of the mods I've done:

New Weapon models/skins (ported from Quake Arena Arcade)
New Weapon icons (ported from Quake Arena Arcade)
New Ammoboxes (skin by me/model from Quake 4)
New Health models/skins (ported from Quake 4)
New Armor models/skins (ported from Quake Arena Arcade)
New Menu gfx/sprites/font (made by me)
New High Definition HUD numbers (made by me)
New Announcer Sounds (ported from Quake 4)

There's probably other things in there that I've forgot to mention, give it a try and see for yourself.

Heres some examples of the weapons (bare in mind, these images don't show the normal/specular maps)

Bottom: Original Q3 skin
Top: HD skin.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

And here are the Armors:

Hope you enjoy them :)

Download

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 11:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wow. i really like your work on PG & YA ! :up:

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 12:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for putting these out! :D

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nicely done! I'll test the addon with a few other Quake 3 clients and post some feedback, if you'd like :)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

m4xpower wrote:
Nicely done! I'll test the addon with a few other Quake 3 clients and post some feedback, if you'd like :)

You can if you like, but I don't intend to tweak and fix things to work in different clients. I use ioquake3 and it works 100% in that.
Feel free to fix anything that might be broken in other clients yourself though.

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 04:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My weapons aren't looking as detailed as yours do in the pics you posted in that other thread. I'm running them in ioquake3, I was wondering what cvar settings I need to get that look? I noticed that there are .png's in the pk3, and I didn't even know that Q3 could read .png's

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 04:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you'll need the latest test version of ioquake3.
http://ioquake3.org/get-it/test-builds/
You need to activate the OpenGL2 renderer using the console command:
/cl_renderer opengl2; vid_restart

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 04:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

v1l3 wrote:
I noticed that there are .png's in the pk3, and I didn't even know that Q3 could read .png's

ioquake3 can read png's

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 05-20-2015 08:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow..those armors are amazing looking...nice work!

Last edited by v1l3 on 01-08-2017 04:19 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-26-2015 09:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AndehX wrote:
ported from Quake Arena Arcade

How did you succeed in cracking QAA packs?

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 05-26-2015 11:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-27-2015 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Those are good, but outdated, and don't look quite as good as the stuff I released

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 12:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool. I downloaded 'em.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wait, were these skins ripped straight from Quake Live/Quake 4 and put into a Quake3 pk3? I don't think redistributing those assets like this is legal.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 12:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh and the ammo boxes show a missing texture.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 04:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not sure why theres any missing textures... I tried it with both standard Quake 3 and ioquake3 and didn't notice any problems.

Some stuff is directly from Quake Arena Arcade/Quake4, so it might not be legal, which is why I was hesitant at first to post it, but I figured if it wasn't allowed, then a mod could simply remove it.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 04:45 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Andeh, why you don't just make new models or why do you just not replace the skins and possibly shaders for the remaining models (like originaly you did)? Blender is absolutely free and it can produce MD3 model format if you download and install additional scripts for it. Alternatively you can make ASE models which can be easily converted to MD3 using Q3data (this is also the way ID software made all models for the game), the only one minus is that you might use command prompt.

If you have some money, you can buy Milkshape 3D that have direct convert to MD3 and other game model formats. You need first generate "Quake Control" file (*.qc) - a text file where you will include all model characteristic including model path (with the model name including extension, though - path/to/your/model.md3). There are also skinning properties: you might select one texture for each mesh in model (type all textures with *.tga extension, even if in jpg format)...

Best wishes ;)

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 10:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I already own Milkshape 3D. It what I used to convert all the models.

I also have blender, but its a little too complicated for me.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 05-28-2015 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it has quite different controls, I undertstand :) I learn Blender, too :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-18-2015 07:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice guns, but, the lightning and railgun one are desync with the fire point (this is notable in thirdperson or playing with bots, etc)
I hope that you fix it! :)

Surfing the web
Surfing the web
PostPosted: 03-21-2016 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wish someone would make a mod that ONLY changes the weapon skins, not the rocket explosions, sounds, plasma blobs and not the health and ammo boxes.
Though I'm ok with the armor change, it would be nice if that was optional too, but the health and ammo just don't fit and seem to be missing textures when you're more than 10 meters away from them.

Unfortunately I don't know how to do it or I would

EDIT: also the HUD changes aren't needed, I have an excellent mod for that: HQQ

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-10-2017 11:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi @ all. I am the creator of High Quality Quake and The Unofficial Patch for Quake III Arena. The problem with "10 meters distance" is the missing medium (* _1.md3) and the low (* _2.md3) polygon version of the md3 files. How do i import and/or open the Quake Arena Arcade files? :question:

PS: Thank you @ Porto! <3

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.