Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Need for Internet

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Need for Internet

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 03:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Need for Speed's upcoming PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One reboot will require an online connection to play, EA has said.

The publisher broke the news on Twitter last night in response to a fan's question on the subject, but reassured that "the benefits are nice" for requiring the restriction.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... connection

Don't worry! The benefits are nice! Benefits such as:

- Not being able to play the games for the first week due to EA's servers being inaccessible.
- Random bouts of downtime due to "server maintenance".
- Having your "friends" cock up your game for you.
- Not being able to fully appreciate the game due to not having friends with the game.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 03:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah...thats pretty short sighted. It is blatantly a DRM ploy.

Gah - online integration should be an option, not mandatory.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 03:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shouldnt they just look to Ubi and how they totally reversed the always online restriction of their previous games? lol?..

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 03:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
shouldnt they just look to Ubi and how they totally reversed the always online restriction of their previous games? lol?..

ZING!

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 05-29-2015 11:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol video games...

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-01-2015 10:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't really play this series anymore. Most Wanted was the peak of this game with it's arcadey physics and tuning. After that there's a few titles that could have been good which I unfortunately bought cause I'm a huge fan of racing games but was sorely dissapointed in.

There just isn't any new innovations happening in the racing game scene anymore I find. I guess that's not really true though cause I'd say the last 4 Need for Speed games touted some really awesome features that were just spectacularly badly implemented. Awesome online integrated game, oh with the matchmaking capabilities of a rock with a limit so low you'll be lucky to find anyone within 100 miles from you.

EA NEEDS to fucking do is re-release burnout revenge for the xbone OR do a Burnout Revenge 2 and ask me for help cause I suspect anyone else that does it is going to fuck it up by taking boost jumping out of the game.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-01-2015 10:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know the whole world is waiting for Paradise 2. Didn't Criterion say they retired the Burnout IP though?

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-01-2015 10:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Completely foolish of them since Burnout was easily the best arcade racer out there. Paradise is exactly what I don't want to see. A lot of people don't know about boost jumping in Burnout Revenge but to make a long story short, boost jumping is like strafe jumping in quake.

It wasn't intended to be a part of the game but it turned what would be an ok game into an amazing one. That was the problem with Paradise, the people that made it saw boost jumping as a problem with the code and fixed it ruining a game mechanic that was integral to the series. That's why I never played paradise, it would have been like buying Quake 4 and finding out they removed strafe jumping. Fucking gross.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.