Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion
        Rail gun graphics.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Rail gun graphics.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I was curious... The commands in the FAQ Sticky post to select either the old or new style of railgun effects.. IS that something you can do client side? or is it a server setting?

I'd like to change my railgun effect to look like the Oldschool quake2 version if thats possible client-side.

/cvar is not a command you can input client side..

I tried /cg_oldrail 0

The console does not say "invalid command" It says nothing, as if the command were good but nothing changes..

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 10-24-2006 01:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's a client setting. The cg_oldrail was added in one of the point releases so make sure your installation of Q3A is up to date (should be 1.32).

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 10-25-2006 01:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wouldnt it be cg_oldrail 1 instead of 0?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 10-25-2006 08:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

S@M wrote:
wouldnt it be cg_oldrail 1 instead of 0?

Now that would make sense if you were looking at the quake series as a whole but in this case we aren't.

"oldrail" refers to the rail effect as it was in the original quake 3 release (ie the single core trail).

so setting it to 0 sets it to the "new" (core with twirly particles) effect of the point release this was included in and 1 sets it back to the old (single core) effect.

so the following settings would give you a quake 2 ish effect:-

// Rail Trail Effect
set cg_oldRail "0"
// Inner Colour
set color1 "1"
// Outer Colour
set color2 "7"

for ref:- color key for rail trails which is different to the name / text colour codes:-

1=Blue, 2=Green, 3=Cyan, 4=Red, 5=Magenta, 6=Yellow, 7=White

Regards

Fora.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake III Arena/Quake Live Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.