Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Paul Anderson + Doom 3 = HOLY SHIT LOLZ

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Paul Anderson + Doom 3 = HOLY SHIT LOLZ

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, guess what...?

Thoise two things you just WISHED would never come together in a real sentence...

Guess who id picked to do the advert for the soon to be released Doom 3 X-Boz game...?

Yup... :lol:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/597/597801p1.html

Sorry guys but this really, really does mean id are now the most crazy out of touch people in the world...

Oh, and he has his eyes on Halo...

WOO!!!

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whozzat ?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We did get new x-box shots however, so here they are. I will not comment on these, because you already know what I'm thinking:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, that's very true o'dium, especially because id Software has fuckall to do with this and it's 100% Activision's decision. If you had bothered to read past the first sentence of the article, you would've noticed this.

Eh?
Eh?

MKJ wrote:
whozzat ?

Paul Anderson? You know, that guy that did such an amsome job on making Resident Evil a film, and the guy who really owned with Aliens Vs Predator?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
yeah, that's very true o'dium, especially because id Software has fuckall to do with this and it's 100% Activision's decision. If you had bothered to read past the first sentence of the article, you would've noticed this.

Activision, id, who gives a shit. Its common knowledge that id have ZERO knowledge in what they should do. Look at the doom movie, they are the ones that had the final say on that, and look what happened to it.

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
MKJ wrote:
whozzat ?

Paul Anderson? You know, that guy that did such an amsome job on making Resident Evil a film, and the guy who really owned with Aliens Vs Predator?

he did so good with those two films... that would explain why i had no fucking idea who he was.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"I've also had a movie at Universal for a while, a remake of Death Race 2000"

fantastic, that'll be something to look forward to :(

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:40 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
MKJ wrote:
whozzat ?

oh right! the next best thing after Uwe Boll :icon14:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't wait for the overdone doom guy that turns pro wrestler and body slams an imp in bullet time :up:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
I can't wait for the overdone doom guy that turns pro wrestler and body slams a Resident Evil extra in bullet time :up:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 07:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

uh, wow, this thread looks fucked up...

edit:
nm, looks ok now :shrug:

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Activision, id, who gives a shit. Its common knowledge that id have ZERO knowledge in what they should do.

Yes, god knows they are a group of idiots. They started making garage games and hosting a 5 or so person lan party where they gave speeches out of a car. And now they have one of the biggest lan parties/events in gaming dedicated to them and make engines that are used by a large portion of today's PC games. O'dium still makes textures for some lame Q2 engine revamp project and bitches about everything on internet messageboards. If only they had odium's experience and knowledge, they would be able to excel as he has :icon22:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, i may be in a dead end job and not earn the money they do, but i can still tell the difference between a shit script and a good one, and the one that was handed to them was NOT good.

So yeah, if only they had my "knowledge", maybe then they would of allowed a better film, instead of just remaking Resident Evil.

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Hey, i may be in a dead end job and not earn the money they do, but i can still tell the difference between a shit script and a good one, and the one that was handed to them was NOT good.

So yeah, if only they had my "knowledge", maybe then they would of allowed a better film, instead of just remaking Resident Evil.

I'm sure, as much as you think you do, you do not know the whole story behind it all (I know I don't).

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:26 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inolen wrote:
o'dium wrote:

I'm sure, as much as you think you do, you do not know the whole story behind it all (I know I don't).

Well, no I don't obviously, but I have the feeling its got something to do with little Billy bob not liking the fact that a film has "hell" in it, and id already have this reputation for having hell and Satan and sacrifice etc in games. id have been stalked for years by these people who want to shut them down, and I guess they don’t want the same shit again but with films too.

But fucking hell, what good is changing Mars to an unknown grassy planet and naming things "Bio Force Gun" instead of BFG? There is zero point to that in my eyes.

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
inolen wrote:
o'dium wrote:

Well, no I don't obviously, but I have the feeling its got something to do with little Billy bob not liking the fact that a film has "hell" in it, and id already have this reputation for having hell and Satan and sacrifice etc in games. id have been stalked for years by these people who want to shut them down, and I guess they don’t want the same shit again but with films too.

But fucking hell, what good is changing Mars to an unknown grassy planet and naming things "Bio Force Gun" instead of BFG? There is zero point to that in my eyes.

You sound like the Geoff of video games.

PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

At least reefsurfer doesn't complain about games like you do odium.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
At least reefsurfer doesn't complain about games like you do odium.

That kinda talk pre-dates Jesus. Get some new stuff Jim.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL, o'dium is entitled to express his opinion. This is a discussion forum afterall.

PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:

It's old because you keep doing it. odium complains. This is not a new phenomenon. You're so emotionally charged when you complain too, it's quite pathetic.

e.g. #2476542342
Quote:
Yeah, guess what...?

Thoise two things you just WISHED would never come together in a real sentence...

Guess who id picked to do the advert for the soon to be released Doom 3 X-Boz game...?

Yup...

Sorry guys but this really, really does mean id are now the most crazy out of touch people in the world...

WOO!!!

Horrible.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
o'dium wrote:

It's old because you keep doing it. odium complains. This is not a new phenomenon. You're so emotionally charged when you complain too, it's quite pathetic.

e.g. #2476542342
Quote:
Yeah, guess what...?

Yup...

WOO!!!

Horrible.

Wrong. I haven't complained in a long time here, because this shit hole went away.

In other words, your picking at nothing. Still, none of this changes the fact that you are, and always have been, a bell end.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium was spot on with his post, if they have hired Anderson to do that advert. In fact, he was quite restrained.

PAUL W S FUCKING ANDERSON!!! Jesus Christ on a skateboard!

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
I haven't complained in a long time here, because this shit hole went away.

This is why you were just recently bashing on the new CoD's "low resolution static lightmaps"?

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inolen wrote:
o'dium wrote:

This is why you were just recently bashing on the new CoD's "low resolution static lightmaps"?

Who was bashing anything? Read the thread again, i was saying that its not PPL because of this fact.

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I liked Event Horizon.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 08:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grudge wrote:
I liked Event Horizon.

Aye, me too, classy film. But name another one he did you like ;)

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
inolen wrote:
o'dium wrote:

Who was bashing anything? Read the thread again, i was saying that its not PPL because of this fact.

My bad.

You were just trying to act like you knew something (what is it with people who dabble in photoshop and their egos), when in fact, you were just showing your ignorance yet again.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 09:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ignorance? How was I being ignorant? Again, we all thought CoD2 was using Doom tech, and I said it can't be because its using static lightmaps, you can tell because of how low detail they were.

How is anything there ignorant? O_o

Not that any of this matters, I know you are all fishing, and I’m not gonna bite ;)

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
How was I being ignorant?

o'dium wrote:
I said it can't be because its using static lightmaps, you can tell because of how low detail they were.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 09:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As opposed to per pixel being "pixel perfect".

Again, I fail to see your point.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 09:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grudge wrote:
I liked Event Horizon.

shit film

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 09:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paul Anderson wrote:
Increasingly the [time] gap between the movies I was doing was growing.

I think this is possibly the most telling statement in the interview.

BTW odium, liking event horizon is a pretty serious blow to your critical credibility.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 10:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grudge wrote:
I liked Event Horizon.

Yeah :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.