Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Paul Anderson + Doom 3 = HOLY SHIT LOLZ

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jesus has this thread been totally messed up. its now about o'diums character and semantics.

anyway, to get back on topic...the point of the matter is that paul anderson fucking sucks. im not talking from a movie creationist point of view or anything. im sure he's much more skilled than i am at handling a camera and junk. im just saying that the principles he has an artist suck. any writer, creator or artist (and the fans of the original), when their work is being transposed to another medium want the new work to be very faithful to the original or atleast have some semblance . certain people do this and they get mad respect...just look at peter jackson. paul anderson on the other hand is a money grubbing whore and has no concept of this whatsoever.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 11:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy christ...You guys are bitching about a commercial that you haven't even seen yet for an xbox game...

:icon27:

Are you going to stand up every it comes on the television and be like "OMGWTFBUTTSEKS I CAN'T BELIEVE THOSE FOXERS LET THAT IDIOT DIRECT THE COMMERCIAL! oh wait....its already over..."

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 01:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
MKJ wrote:
whozzat ?

Paul Anderson? You know, that guy that did such an amsome job on making Resident Evil a film, and the guy who really owned with Aliens Vs Predator?

Both worth watching

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 01:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
o'dium wrote:
MKJ wrote:
whozzat ?

Paul Anderson? You know, that guy that did such an amsome job on making Resident Evil a film, and the guy who really owned with Aliens Vs Predator?

Both worth watching

Quite agreed.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 01:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Resident Evil was also shit.
AvP is in my Blockbuster queue. I'm expecting it to be slightly above shit.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 01:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
Activision, id, who gives a shit. Its common knowledge that id have ZERO knowledge in what they should do. Look at the doom movie, they are the ones that had the final say on that, and look what happened to it.

o'dium wrote:
i can still tell the difference between a shit script and a good one, and the one that was handed to them was NOT good.

So yeah, if only they had my "knowledge", maybe then they would of allowed a better film, instead of just remaking Resident Evil.

o'dium wrote:
Well, no I don't obviously, but I have the feeling its got something to do with little Billy bob not liking the fact that a film has "hell" in it

But fucking hell, what good is changing Mars to an unknown grassy planet and naming things "Bio Force Gun" instead of BFG? There is zero point to that in my eyes.

I'm sorry...but...my only question is: How does any of this affect your personal life that you'd treat it as if someone had kicked the shit out of your mom while you hid under the bed?

You really need to get out.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
Resident Evil was also shit.
AvP is in my Blockbuster queue. I'm expecting it to be slightly above shit.

expect to be disappointed, slightly.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus, the Xbox version looks like llama shit in the shape of people, with no AA.

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Paul Anderson is better than that Uwe Bole cunt or whatever, the one who my House of the living dead, Alone in the Dark, and something else. RE and the sequel were pretty good, and I hear AvP is also ok.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-22-2005 02:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PENIS

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 03-23-2005 04:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Odium complains :icon19:

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 03-23-2005 04:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didn't regret watching AvP.
It wasn't great, it wasn't terribly bad either.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 03-23-2005 07:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whaaa? i dont get it. Its a commercial.

Mind if i drive?
Mind if i drive?
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 12:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh dear.

Odium, please, stop talking shite.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 12:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He actually isn't talking shit. Paul WS Anderson is an abortion of a director. HOW CAN ANYONE MAKE A RESIDENT EVIL FILM NOT SCARY????????

Only 1 man can achieve this. Paul WS Anderson. It may only be a commercial, but o'dium is right, it means whoever gave that man a Contract to produce anything is fucking clueless.

Last edited by Pauly on 03-24-2005 12:44 AM, edited 1 time in total.

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 12:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
I didn't regret watching AvP.
It wasn't great, it wasn't terribly bad either.

So you give a guy a Contract to make a commercial for you, on account that his films "aren't that terrible"

LOL

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 01:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he's a really good producer though, res evil 2 might've been total shite but it was well produced, the budget looked a hell of a lot bigger than it was. he just needs to be kept away from writing/directing.

what he needs is a third person on set, someone with a good right hook - so whenever he says things like 'i think the scene should look like this' or 'hey, maybe we should do it like this' - the right hook guy can belt him in the face and tell him to get back to his spreadsheets. surely there's a company in hollywood that provides a service like that.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 03:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4days wrote:
he's a really good producer though, res evil 2 might've been total shite but it was well produced, the budget looked a hell of a lot bigger than it was. he just needs to be kept away from writing/directing.

what he needs is a third person on set, someone with a good right hook - so whenever he says things like 'i think the scene should look like this' or 'hey, maybe we should do it like this' - the right hook guy can belt him in the face and tell him to get back to his spreadsheets. surely there's a company in hollywood that provides a service like that.

LOL well put. At first I was thinking "right hook? Is that some kind of production term?"

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 03-24-2005 05:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Incidentally, that's exactly what George Lucas would need too.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.