Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        PHOTOS PLEASE

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: PHOTOS PLEASE

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-18-2012 10:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
[img]

Your boat andyman? Just passing by?

duffman91 :up: Yes ISO;as important as all other settings I am reading about :question:

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 06-19-2012 08:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

not my boat, the pictures are actually for a 'for sale' ad that will be up soon (someone else is selling the boat). i like that picture a lot, but i almost fell in the water trying to get that one

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-06-2012 05:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just wondering if sys0p's responsible for this one:

Wondering whether to buy China Miéville's "Railsea", I stumbled across that author's portrait and it reminded me of sys0p's style.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-09-2012 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just had some really great news..

About a year ago my business really took off, so I needed to get myself a studio space. Spaces in London were silly money, but I managed to find a 650sq ft space just outside London on a direct line from Waterloo. It was a new development, so I got a massive discount for moving in early, and had to put up with no heating, running water, internet, or toilet--Just electricity. A bit shit for clients, but I dropped my rates to reflect the conditions, and for larger or higher profile jobs I just hired studios in central London. It got a bit shit recently, because it was clear development had pretty much halted for whatever reason, and I was the only one on the plot that was essentially a 86 acres of farm land.

Well, I just got confirmation on a new space. It's 600sq ft, in central London, with wooden floors, a fully equipped kitchen, male and female toilets (la di da), wi fi, telephone, fully alarmed, swipe card access, with a freight elevator directly outside the studio door. It's also got free parking and a shitload of natural light (other studio didn't even have windows). As an added bonus, it comes with a 5 foot tall safe that weighs about 500kg which I can keep all of my gear in. Seriously, who has a 500kg safe in their studio? ONLY ME.

Doesn't get much better than this for a photographer.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-09-2012 05:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Mat, not mine mate, but nice light.

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 07-09-2012 06:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great news on the studio mate :)
Whereabouts in Central London?
Soho?

The style in that shot reminded me of your work, but in hindsight, comparing and contrasting with some of the stuff on your site it's not as accomplished.
I particularly like the one of the bald dude with glasses against a blue background.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-28-2012 09:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-28-2012 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mat Linnett wrote:
Wondering whether to buy China Miéville's "Railsea", I stumbled across that author's portrait and it reminded me of sys0p's style.

i've had the Embassytown e-book on my Amazon wish list for ages. kind of been putting off reading it because he reminds me a little bit too much of iain m banks, in his interest in the weird, the prose style (a little) and the sheer (and possibly unnecessary) length of his novels

i hate over-writing. the only excuse for writing 1,000 pages is epicness in the narrative dept, and even then shit should be kept tight

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-29-2012 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

New studio: Image

Over the fucking moon about this.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-29-2012 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs, you could put a little more effort on that picture...isn't that what you do for a living?

good luck btw.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-29-2012 06:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Camera dudes, I'm looking to buy a DSLR and could use a few recommendations. Currently for personal use, I like using cameras and I take good photos with an interest in learning to improve my shots. I've used my cousin's Canon T2i and my brother's Minolta Maxxam 7D and enjoyed using them both.

I'm considering a Canon T4i (650D) since they've been recently updated and from what I read almost overlaps the 60D in capabilities. It's a little light and smallish compared to the 60D when I checked it out in the shop but still quite comfortable to handle. I don't know much about the Nikon line, but from what I've glanced at, I think the closest comparison is the D3200, also newly released. I'm wondering about anyone's personal thoughts between the two. I don't really have a preference for either, I just haven't used a Nikon myself but holding one at the store seems just as comfortable to me as the Canon.

I am completely ignorant about lenses, but I understand that I should invest in a decent lense (not the kit lense) since they will generally outlive my use of the camera as I progress to a more pro body in the future. I guess I'm looking for a good average use lense to start off with that I can still use acceptably well if I upgrade cameras in the future. I don't know what brand/model/focal length range, etc. to look for. I read 24-70mm or 28-135mm is acceptable for normal use.

I don't really have a set budget, though if I can get away with $1000-1500 Canadian/U.S. that would be perfect. Info/recommendations appreciated, thanks.

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 07:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

0psys wrote:

So jelly. What an incredible space, especially for the location.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Camera dudes, I'm looking to buy a DSLR and could use a few recommendations. Currently for personal use, I like using cameras and I take good photos with an interest in learning to improve my shots. I've used my cousin's Canon T2i and my brother's Minolta Maxxam 7D and enjoyed using them both.

I'm considering a Canon T4i (650D) since they've been recently updated and from what I read almost overlaps the 60D in capabilities. It's a little light and smallish compared to the 60D when I checked it out in the shop but still quite comfortable to handle. I don't know much about the Nikon line, but from what I've glanced at, I think the closest comparison is the D3200, also newly released. I'm wondering about anyone's personal thoughts between the two. I don't really have a preference for either, I just haven't used a Nikon myself but holding one at the store seems just as comfortable to me as the Canon.

I am completely ignorant about lenses, but I understand that I should invest in a decent lense (not the kit lense) since they will generally outlive my use of the camera as I progress to a more pro body in the future. I guess I'm looking for a good average use lense to start off with that I can still use acceptably well if I upgrade cameras in the future. I don't know what brand/model/focal length range, etc. to look for. I read 24-70mm or 28-135mm is acceptable for normal use.

I don't really have a set budget, though if I can get away with $1000-1500 Canadian/U.S. that would be perfect. Info/recommendations appreciated, thanks.

Huh. When unsure whether to go Nikon or Canon, I used to tell people to pick a camera body that felt best in their hands and a button configuration that made sense to them.

For most general senses, especially in the world of digital (not including backs and medium format), your camera is as good as the lens you have.

Get a camera with the most megapixels and a good lens will deliver and make the most of them.

My recommendation is as follows:

Canon 60D.

Because:

Environmental (weather) sealing.

The 60D will most likely outlast a Txi series camera.

Unless you have to have a touchscreen...

Regardless of what you get, get a good lens - like a Schneider with an adaptor. A standard 50 2.8 Kreuznach will go a long way. Ideal centre sharpness between F8 and F11 (as for most lenses) but also perfect for portraits at F4. You can get good deals on eBay.

The 28 - 135 is great for video though. Very versatile.

Personally, I like having a wide-angle zoom (I have the Canon 10-22 usm) for most of the time and fixed lenses for the interim or specific shots that I have in mind.

Remember the 1.6x sensor crop factor when selecting focal lengths.

Additional Thoughts:

I was never too impressed with the 24-70 unless you're thinking of getting an L series lens. But even then, my impressions of Canon lenses are that the images they produce are "softer" compared to many Nikon or other equivalents. I tend to use many adaptors for various lenses of varying focal lengths from a variety of makers. : )

Good luck!

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 12:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

good points as always. I'd go with doombrain's suggestion.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TruthfulLiar wrote:

Huh. When unsure whether to go Nikon or Canon, I used to tell people to pick a camera body that felt best in their hands and a button configuration that made sense to them.

For most general senses, especially in the world of digital (not including backs and medium format), your camera is as good as the lens you have.

Get a camera with the most megapixels and a good lens will deliver and make the most of them.

Canon 60D.

Because:

Regardless of what you get, get a good lens - like a Schneider with an adaptor. A standard 50 2.8 Kreuznach will go a long way. Ideal centre sharpness between F8 and F11 (as for most lenses) but also perfect for portraits at F4. You can get good deals on eBay.

Personally, I like having a wide-angle zoom (I have the Canon 10-22 usm) for most of the time and fixed lenses for the interim or specific shots that I have in mind.

Additional Thoughts:

I was never too impressed with the 24-70 unless you're thinking of getting an L series lens. But even then, my impressions of Canon lenses are that the images they produce are "softer" compared to many Nikon or other equivalents. I tend to use many adaptors for various lenses of varying focal lengths from a variety of makers. : )

Good luck!

Christ, what are you talking about?

The guy is-as he clearly states-a relative beginner, so Canon lenses will be just fine for him. Schneider? Do you really think he's going to be concerned with optimum sharpness that absolutely cannot be seen at anything other than 100%? No matter what, the sensor still has an AA filter, so it'll be soft regardless.

I've shot ad campaigns for some of the biggest clients on the planet, and I've done almost every one of them with a Canon 24-70, and never have I had sharpness issues.

Your advice screams of someone who is trying to show how much he knows about cameras.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

phantasmagoria wrote:

So jelly. What an incredible space, especially for the location.

Cheers man, I'm loving it. It's a bike ride from my house as well. No downsides!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're an interesting person.

0psys wrote:
TruthfulLiar wrote:

Canon 60D.

Because:

Additional Thoughts:

Good luck!

Christ, what are you talking about?

The guy is-as he clearly states-a relative beginner, so Canon lenses will be just fine for him. Schneider? Do you really think he's going to be concerned with optimum sharpness that absolutely cannot be seen at anything other than 100%? No matter what, the sensor still has an AA filter, so it'll be soft regardless.

I've shot ad campaigns for some of the biggest clients on the planet, and I've done almost every one of them with a Canon 24-70, and never have I had sharpness issues.

Your advice screams of someone who is trying to show how much he knows about cameras.

Just my opinions. You're welcome to provide yours.

I think quality is good. You know, for images and stuff.

AA filter, true - but there is a difference when you go to 100% crop regardless, which is my concern and why I recommended what I recommended.

Not sure why you so mad but it is my experience with Canon 24-70L that was not as positive as with other better manufactured lenses. And why would I spend $2,000 on a lens that doesn't impress me? I much prefer to go with a used Schneider 50mm 2.8 for $164.00.

Like I said, my opinions.

Peace be with you.

Last edited by TruthfulLiar on 07-30-2012 03:05 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 03:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

0psys wrote:

0psys wrote:
I've shot ad campaigns for some of the biggest clients on the planet...

lol

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 03:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
0psys wrote:

0psys wrote:
I've shot ad campaigns for some of the biggest clients on the planet...

lol

Where does that say anything about how much I know about cameras?

My knowledge of them is actually very limited. I've only ever used two Canons and a Hasselblad.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 03:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what you know or don't know. The guy simply tried to give advice and you accused him of essentially bragging right after you did a bit of bragging yourself.

I don't care if his advice was good or not...I simply found your reaction funny.

Last edited by GONNAFISTYA on 07-30-2012 03:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahem.... I don't mean to interrupt the flame war going on here, but I'm still waiting for some recommendations from people here.... you know... to make a difficult buying decision actually easier... instead of just more confusing. K'thx'bye.

Currently considering a T3i with a Tamron 17-55mm XR Di II VC F/2.8. I can snag the T3i for $599 ($150 off retail) and the Tamron for $498 ($200 off retail). Seems like a pretty good deal for something to start with unless someone else has a better idea. From what I gather, if I ever upgrade to a full frame (5D) the Tamron is still a decent enough lens to match.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 04:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TruthfulLiar wrote:
You're an interesting person.

Just my opinions. You're welcome to provide yours.

I think quality is good. You know, for images and stuff.

AA filter, true - but there is a difference when you go to 100% crop regardless, which is my concern and why I recommended what I recommended.

Not sure why you so mad but it is my experience with Canon 24-70L that was not as positive as with other better manufactured lenses. And why would I spend $2,000 on a lens that doesn't impress me? I much prefer to go with a used Schneider 50mm 2.8 for $164.00.

Like I said, my opinions.

Peace be with you.

When did you last crop anything to 100% without kicking yourself for not just framing the shot right in the first place? Unless you're shooting billboards?

I'm not mad, this is the internet; the issue is that the guy has money to spend and you're giving him obscure and slightly weird advice based on personal foibles.

Something that always raises my suspicions is a person who apparently just can't accept the 'low quality' of a Canon or Nikon lens, but, for some reason, isn't shooting MF.

Honestly, if you're concerned with ultimate sharpness at 50mm, then the Canon 50mm 1.8 is crazy-sharp, and it only costs $100. Still has the same dogshit 5 blade aperture that the Schneider has, but at least it doesn't need an adapter.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 04:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just bought a Canon Rebel T3i a while ago, with whatever lens came in the box (18-55mm.) Probably not the greatest lens, but I'm a photo noob so it's fine for everything I've thrown at it. The camera also came with a pretty decent suite of software for downloading images, doing edits and batch jobs on the raw files, exporting to JPEG, etc. etc. All the same shit you could do in Photochop but without having to worry about getting the right plugin to support the .CR2 files (seems like some old-ish versions of PS won't jive with the newest plugin.) Plus the software is a bit more lightweight, so I've found that it's easier to load up a ton of photos and do some quick edits to them all.

If you take time learning how to use the manual setting you can get some good stuff. Make sure you read the damn manual, it's pretty well written and will get you up and running on doing something more than "point and shoot."

Also does nice video, 60fps at 720p, which is one of the reasons I bought it. Unfortunately the fuckin' knob at the store sold me too slow of a memory card to handle the higher frame rate, even after I specifically asked him for a card that could keep up with 60fps of output. :dork: Speaking of which, does anyone know what kind of memory card speed I would need for smooth action at 60fps/720p? I think the one I have now is 30 or maybe 60mb/s which seems far too low.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 04:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
It doesn't matter what you know or don't know. The guy simply tried to give advice and you accused him of essentially bragging right after you did a bit of bragging yourself.

I don't care if his advice was good or not...I simply found your reaction funny.

Honestly, if this was a discussion about something in the games industry, and you reacted to some shitty advice relevant to your field with a "I've worked on some of the most advanced games in the industry" comment, I wouldn't accuse you of bragging, because I know it to be true. If you said it while you were arguing with someone and it wasn't about gaming, that'd be a different story.

How else can I speak with authority on a subject unless I lay out my credentials?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 04:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Ahem.... I don't mean to interrupt the flame war going on here, but I'm still waiting for some recommendations from people here.... you know... to make a difficult buying decision actually easier... instead of just more confusing. K'thx'bye.

Currently considering a T3i with a Tamron 17-55mm XR Di II VC F/2.8. I can snag the T3i for $599 ($150 off retail) and the Tamron for $498 ($200 off retail). Seems like a pretty good deal for something to start with unless someone else has a better idea. From what I gather, if I ever upgrade to a full frame (5D) the Tamron is still a decent enough lens to match.

60D is a decent camera, and the Tamron 17-55 a decent lens. However, I'd always say stick with Canon. The Tamrons are quite notorious for having bad examples. I know of people who've had to send one or two back or actually test multiple instances in the shop to find a decent example of the lens.

If you upgrade to a full frame, the Tamrom will become a wide angle lens and it's role or use to you will change drastically.

If you do intend to one day move up to full frame, you would be better off just spending your money on a used 5DII. There's some amazing deals on them at the moment.

The thing about modern cameras is that they all produce roughly the same image quality. The difference between Nikon and Canon bodies is noticeable only by hardened nerds squinting at pixels.

If you've held a 60D and it feels nice, and you like the reviews of the Tamron, then go and grab it.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 04:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

0psys wrote:
The thing about modern cameras is that they all produce roughly the same image quality. The difference between Nikon and Canon bodies is noticeable only by hardened nerds squinting at pixels.

This!

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 04:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

0psys wrote:
Honestly, if this was a discussion about something in the games industry, and you reacted to some shitty advice relevant to your field with a "I've worked on some of the most advanced games in the industry" comment, I wouldn't accuse you of bragging, because I know it to be true. If you said it while you were arguing with someone and it wasn't about gaming, that'd be a different story.

Dude I've worked on high and low-tech games so I'd never bring the "most advanced games" argument forward. I have no intention of getting into a back and forth on this retarded string of thought, I simply thought your post was over the top.

0psys wrote:
How else can I speak with authority on a subject unless I lay out my credentials?

I don't know. I wasn't aware that obsidian was asking credentials before he'd accept advice. You're probably 100% correct in critizing PoofullCrier's advice, but I don't think anyone needs a CV to believe you.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 05:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

BTW, 60D is different than T3i. T3i is what EuroCanon calls the 600D. T4i is the 650D. Thought I should clarify since non-North Americans might be confused with our funny naming system.

So I can get a T3i/600D for $600 (sale) body only. T4i/650D body is going for about $825. 60D body is quite a bit more at about $960.

By comparison, a T4i/650D with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens kit goes for $950. My thinking is that for about the same price, I can get a slightly older body (T3i/600D) with a better Tamron 17-50mm and f/2.8. Fast F/2.8 aperture over its entire focal-length range seems like an advantage for depth of field and darker lighting environments. Someone check my logic, since I'm a noob and might be way off here.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
BTW, 60D is different than T3i. T3i is what EuroCanon calls the 600D. T4i is the 650D. Thought I should clarify since non-North Americans might be confused with our funny naming system.

So I can get a T3i/600D for $600 (sale) body only. T4i/650D body is going for about $825. 60D body is quite a bit more at about $960.

By comparison, a T4i/650D with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II lens kit goes for $950. My thinking is that for about the same price, I can get a slightly older body (T3i/600D) with a better Tamron 17-50mm and f/2.8. Fast F/2.8 aperture over its entire focal-length range seems like an advantage for depth of field and darker lighting environments. Someone check my logic, since I'm a noob and might be way off here.

Ah, OK, the US names are different; I see.

Lenses are what counts, your logic is spot on.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 05:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
0psys wrote:

Dude I've worked on high and low-tech games so I'd never bring the "most advanced games" argument forward. I have no intention of getting into a back and forth on this retarded string of thought, I simply thought your post was over the top.

0psys wrote:

I don't know. I wasn't aware that obsidian was asking credentials before he'd accept advice. You're probably 100% correct in critizing PoofullCrier's advice, but I don't think anyone needs a CV to believe you.

Can't argue with that; fair enough.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 05:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

0psys wrote:
When did you last crop anything to 100% without kicking yourself for not just framing the shot right in the first place? Unless you're shooting billboards?

I'm not mad, this is the internet; the issue is that the guy has money to spend and you're giving him obscure and slightly weird advice based on personal foibles.

Something that always raises my suspicions is a person who apparently just can't accept the 'low quality' of a Canon or Nikon lens, but, for some reason, isn't shooting MF.

Honestly, if you're concerned with ultimate sharpness at 50mm, then the Canon 50mm 1.8 is crazy-sharp, and it only costs $100. Still has the same dogshit 5 blade aperture that the Schneider has, but at least it doesn't need an adapter.

I've kicked myself a lot for not doing a shot right in the past. I get the point you are illustrating.

I guess my advice was obscure and slightly weird - I did not really think enough about the "audience" aka obsidian. But my initial observations still stand, if the camera feels good in your hands and you know the quality is good then you have what you need right there.

Eh, the focus ring on a Canon 50 1.8 is not as fine as on a Schneider. And the Canon lens is plastic. Mine broke after several years. From what I can tell, Schneider has much better performance when it comes to focusing and DoF - and it is constructed of metal; it is still around decades later. Now, the Canon 50 1.2 is a different story, but it is a bit heavy and, again, the price thing. I have not tried the 50 1.4 yet, looks good.

But yes, I've worked with Medium Format. I like it. I also like DSLRs. It's not just the 'low quality' canon lens, they aren't all bad lenses but I find them soft. And there is a price to quality ratio that I find in a used Schneider lens that I have not found elsewhere. I like manual focus so it's not an issue for me.

0psys wrote:
obsidian wrote:

If you've held a 60D and it feels nice, and you like the reviews of the Tamron, then go and grab it.

Totally agree about the Nikon and Canon comparison.

Just make sure you have the lens you want or need. Consider zoom and aperture for what you like to take pictures of first.

When you feel like pushing the camera's limits I suggest looking into Magic Lantern. Btw, you can get the 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM for $380 or so. It is $100 or so less than the Tamron lens and you won't have the 2.8 aperture. I can't speak for Tamron lenses, I don't use them. Having a 2.8 aperture is good if you need it for shooting low light or you want a limited depth of field. Alternatively, having the stabilising motor in the Canon lens will help in low-light conditions and everything else in general. Plus it looks really good for video. I've used this lens several times.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

I don't think I gave bad advice.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-30-2012 07:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I honestly wouldn't know. I'm very familiar with photography but I'm not a hardware geek. I prefer a nice photo over a technically perfect image with no blurriness or other lens aberrations. All I see in this thread is 17-55 XR Di II VC F/2.8/5.2/7.3 XDOUIIILLKJLALSNUFFLEUPAGUSFAGG0THUIIILLKJL 21 Di 55 XR II and it's all greek to me.

I have an HP R927 P&S and while I can fully appreciate and afford the quality of hardware that obsidian wants to shoot for (ha!) I'd be happy with an upgrade to a Nikon Coolpix P510.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.