Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Coworkers

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Coworkers

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 09:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just got a job at an IT consulting company two weeks ago and met a part-time employee for the first time today.

Apparently he was tasked to fuck with me because the first thing he did was unplug the power strip my computer while I was in the middle of dealing with some email issues with one of our servers.

He couldn't unplug the plug from the power strip to move the machine he wanted to put in another room. Nope. He unplugs the entire strip and threw me back about half an hour.

Yeah, sure, half an hour isn't much time and I can easily catch up but still... use some goddamn common sense and think before taking somebody's machine (and the machine that monitors our other servers) down. :miffed:

Other coworkers I deal with speak English as their second language, have super thick accents, and mutter on top of it all. And they wonder why I email them questions instead of popping my head around the corner to ask. :disgust:

What are the coworkers like at your jobs? (Assuming you don't spend the day washing dishes...)

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My coworkers think I'm violently insane. They, pretty much, leave me alone. :cool:

No, seriously. :paranoid:

:D

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 10:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

peenyuh that's so funny :cool:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

look, it's a chupacabra

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everyone's super-intelligent and white where i work :up:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 01:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

I thought you spend your days in a nondescript van next to the elementary school watching the children play at recess?

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mostly laid-off dell employees. haven't seen geoff yet tho.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My coworkers are awesome. The chick I work with most of the day is a roller derby girl and has a personality to match. She likes the same type of music I do, which a great, because when our boss isn't there we can crank up Dragonforce or SOAD. :up:

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 01:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Out of the 50 people I work with, only one of them annoys me.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 01:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Silicone_Milk wrote:
seremtan wrote:

I thought you spend your days in a nondescript van next to the elementary school watching the children play at recess?

wow, that was weak

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 02:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 02:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

My coworkers are awesome. One of them is the guy that convinced me to move halfway round the world and got me this job. The rest of them are equally decent folks.

I'm lucky this time round though... almost every office has its fair share of pricks, this one is way under quota.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 02:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

read this thread as cockworkers

gj

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 02:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No co-workers. They all report to me.

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 03:01 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So you don't work with the people that report to you?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 03:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he's the cawk worker

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-05-2010 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unisaw wrote:
No co-workers. They all report to me.

;)

Yes I used to be one in a pretty good Team, and saying so at the interview really paid off, now I manage the team with two fellow Team Leaders.

A really great crew IMO help the day go quickly and smoothly. Everyone has their quirks, good and bad points but they all work so well together.

:olo: It annoys my manager when I let him know I'm only there for the laughs :olo: but I am taking my employment pretty seriously atm, as I have only a relatively short time to retirement :D

@ Silicone_Milk - Yes I don't appreciate that sort of harassment/practical joker at work. Plot to get rid of the bastard >:E

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-06-2010 06:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

j/k. This is actually the best group I have ever worked with.

Last edited by Unisaw on 12-19-2013 09:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-01-2010 12:06 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Man... had a kvm switch that was acting funky and a coworker just threw it in the trash without checking to see if maybe I had a bad cord on my mouse or something.

Not really a big deal but that shit adds up man. If it's possible the equipment *does* work, why throw it away so carelessly?

Maybe I'm just a frugal penny-pinching bastard but come on!

I cringed the other day when we threw away about 100 feet of cat5 because we only needed it to test a connection and had "no further use" for it. Dude. Measure it out in to some 25 footers or something, slap some ends on them and sell them. What a waste.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-01-2010 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bring big backpack or duffel to work. Fill with stuff. Sell on eBay. $$$!

Your Daddy
Your Daddy
PostPosted: 03-01-2010 12:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Look who's telling someone to steal something.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-01-2010 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And when he gets caught, get fired, because companies are just so cool like that.

I worked in a hospital kitchen and I saw a person get laid off for snagging some food from the cafeteria's leftovers that were waste, going straight to the garbage. If it was me I'd feel bad the person wanted to eat food that had been sitting under a heat lamp for 3 hours.

That said I stole food all the time, if you work in a kitchen and aren't eating 1 meal a day for free you're fucking up somewhere. Just don't get caught and don't eat the nasty soggy leftovers that are right next to the disgusting dish machine.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 03-01-2010 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol jobs...

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 03-03-2010 10:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my white Namibian co-workers hate everyone except their own kind "Afrikaner" .. so the canucks fired the worst offender last week
Amazingly peaceful here lately .. it has not been fun working with these assholes.
now if i could just get them to speak the countries official language english when enter a room i would be happier.

loved working closing shift at Macdonald's .. 20 minutes to go we would somehow have left over burgers and pies to take home .. good job when your 16

6 6 turn lay on Macs

Timed Out
Timed Out
PostPosted: 03-03-2010 11:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A lot of SA peeps over here in NZ and hear similar stories about division between the Afrikaans folks and pretty much everyone else.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 03-03-2010 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

take em for a braii and offer up some Taffel logger, boerwores and mutton .. they will have a lecker lecker time.
then tell the fucker to lop nai before you bloxom him for being such a kak face.
i am hating myself for knowing how to speken the Afrikans

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-03-2010 12:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

kak face :olo:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.