Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Skyrim

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Skyrim

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 12:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, it's true. I carry too much shit :(

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
lol

:olo: :olo:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 02:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

my funny must be broken. penny arcade just does not make me laugh anymore. also i fucking hate the way they sell themselves and the poor saps who subscribe to there idea of being a "gamer" shudder...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
lol
[img]

It's funny because it's true. I always end up selling everything in my inventory for a grand total of something like 2 GP and can only buy a quiver of arrows with it in games like Skyrim.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 11:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
The first video Dumb posted, they are shit at playing those instruments. He might aswell have posted some autotune shit.

Didn't bother with the 2nd video, cause it's probably just as shit if not even worse.

Typical of Dumb.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-23-2011 11:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:

Is that a mountain with a giant fallus on the end?

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 01:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DAMN YOU SCREENSHOTS!!!

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 01:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Better than "Cock Rock" and "Bells Deep" that I was bound about in my head for that shot...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 03:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
Some poisons can stack, IE: 5x with a potion to slow movement might knock an opponent out for ten seconds then you can just thrash him while he sleeps. Good for the unexpected ogre, etc.

Layout made for XBOX controller eh.. I seem to recall the bindings for Oblivion being clunky to a degree simply due to their number.

k now that I know what I'm doing, is there a list somewhere online that tells you which ones stack and what not? apparently the active effects list is kind of clunky and not that easy to follow.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 03:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someone decided to steal all the cheese they came across and store it in their living room in Whiterun: :olo:

I wonder what would happen if you decided to throw an exploding firebomb in there. now that's what I call a cpu stress test!

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lol, not just cheese

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 09:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
DTS wrote:
The first video Dumb posted, they are shit at playing those instruments. He might aswell have posted some autotune shit.

Didn't bother with the 2nd video, cause it's probably just as shit if not even worse.

Typical of Dumb.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Dumb = DRuM

He posted 2 videos, above.

viewtopic.php?p=887588#p887588

What else is there not to get?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 10:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DRuM wrote:
Lol, not just cheese

excellent :olo: :up:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 11:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good lord :olo:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 06:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Psyche911 wrote:
MKJ wrote:
sucks that you cant uncock your bow, still :/

Press the holster button (R on PC) and you will. It doesn't holster it if you have an arrow drawn.

Yeah, it does.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 07:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the physics they implemented in this game are pretty impressive. I was on top of a hill and I decided to dump out a bunch of potatoes and other oddly shaped vegetables, and the way they interacted with the subtle changes in elevation and their own shape as they were rushing down the slope was impressive.... they would wobble down, gain or lose speed accordingly. The other day, I was cave shopping, and there was a plate with 2 gem stones in it. as i picked one up, the other one shifted to one side of the plate which caused the plate to lift up at the opposite side.

It's shit like this that creates immersion, and elevates the experience on a diff. level. Skyrim is steadily creeping up in the poles of my all time favorites. I think it's in 3rd place with a possibility of being elevated to 2nd. The first spot is kind of locked in for life by Quake 3...serious face.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 10:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Would Skyrim's position in your list elevate more if you removed a gem stone from it?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-24-2011 11:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Dumb = DRuM

He posted 2 videos, above.

http://quake3world.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 88#p887588

What else is there not to get?

No shit, Sherlock, I'm not blind.
What I mean is that the nonsense you spewed out in that other post makes no sense from a musical point of view.
You really have no idea what you are talking about yet you have a very strong and negative opinion about it. That is a really poor trait of character. And you seem to make a habit out of this.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 12:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Psyche911 wrote:

Press the holster button (R on PC) and you will. It doesn't holster it if you have an arrow drawn.

Yeah, it does.

indeed, i found this out yesterday. me = happy, now i can draw an arrow while in stealth and then decide not to fire without giving away my position.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Panzy. Just stab them in the face with a giant sword.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

poison coated dagger > ur sword

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On a serious note, how well does going the ninja route work in Skyrim? I found in Oblivion and other similar games that whenever I play as a thief type character, I always end up getting fucked in the ass during scripted fights where the enemy knows where I am and I'm in an enclosed area. :down:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

works pretty well actually. it also worked aight in Oblivion, were it not that the battle of kvatch was way out of your league if you didnt know you way around a broadsword.

hiding alone doesnt help, you'd need illusion spells for invisibility and such to aid you. also, fire an arrow and run to a new hiding spot. the enemies will go to the place where the arrow came from. by the time they get there you are already hidden again and ready for round two.

also, I just cleared out a tomb full of undead. There was a group of skeletons standing around, way more than I could handle, so I used the Illusion spell "Fury" on one of them. Fury makes the target have a fit of rage and smash the first creature near it. This resulted in a huge skeleton brawl while I sat in the shadows, firing arrows at the remaining severely beaten up morons :up:

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 04:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 04:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In before "omg" responses: Christwire is a satirical website.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

brisk wrote:
http://christwire.org/2011/11/is-skyrim-teaching-your-children-how-to-perform-rim-jobs-and-other-homo-erotic-sex-maneuvers/

Quote:
When a player casts a spell, you will see the hand gesture is that of how homosexuals fling devil DNA juices at each other after a long night of fecal frenzy ass assassinations.

:olo:

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 11:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i don't understand this type of humor. The only way shit like this is funny is when it's real. It's just a poor excuse for comedy.

Also the union can go fuck it self.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 12:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
i don't understand humor.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aren't you british ? lol don't talk to me about humor.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
aren't you british ? lol don't talk to me about humor.

My comical insight tells me this post wasn't funny at all.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try to keep up.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

honestly, I don't see how we can have a constructive conversation about humor. Most brit material is juvenile comedy. There is this show called 'Spy' and that's actually kinda funny, but I give all the credit to the main character. He'll soon be working for the yanks.

Last edited by Tsakali on 11-25-2011 02:33 PM, edited 1 time in total.

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The edit wasn't funny either :(

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-25-2011 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
honestly, I don't see how we can have a constructive conversation about humor. Most brit material is juvenile comedy. There is this show called 'Spy' and that's actually kinda funny, but I give all the credit to the main character. He'll soon be working for ze americans.

Anyway, go watch Brass Eye. If you don't understand satire and british humour afterwards, then you'll never get it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.