Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Skyrim

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Skyrim

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 06:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

did she have big boobs?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 06:46 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pics!

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This game even has auroras in the sky at night. God damn.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 09:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I want to play this... :(

Rented dark souls last night, not too bad but I'm not too crazy about the controls..

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

protip:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 02:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, pulling the wool over their eyes so to speak...:smirk:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 02:28 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder if you can inventory those pots and carry them around anywhere...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ffs :olo:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's fuckin' sweet hahah

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:olo:

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
protip:

Oh and this one too

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 06:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bethesda to left handers: FUCK YOU

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-t ... m/60956608

PC version really was an afterthought

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 11-11-2011 11:57 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had a great day at the beach today.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 07:13 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's a beach in Skyrim? :confused:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 10:21 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Question: Is there a way to view if I have a disease and what is affected by it?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 10:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A mirror and a pair of pliers?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 11:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cue a million "i didn't see what u did there because i had a bucket on my head" 4chan image macros

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 12:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
protip:

I read the PC Gamer review of this, I have no interest in playing it, but cause I read the review I know a few things that are in the game.
Can someone put one of those baskets on the head of a wild cat or bear or dragon and maybe video that if something interesting or funny happens? I read that you can use a "dragon shout" to turn something like a bear friendly for a bit, maybe that would help.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 01:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Its not that easy to do, and they only stay on for a few seconds.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 07:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh my, this game is good! The first game in a long time that doesn't treat the player like a complete retard, and it makes for a great experience. And holy shit, here is a game that actually expects you to aim! thank you for that...a great decision by the devs. This baby is the first game in a long time that truly feels worthy of a PC gamer. I love the freedom of the different left/right hand setups and the pleasantly plausible wild life activity all around the open areas. I don't know how many times I have stalked down a deer only to end up half way across the map before I realized it, only to be confronted by some random one thing or another that totally trashes me :owned: .

I love the choice of FPS to 3rd person and all the different modes of walk, run, sprint etc. Simply love this game, and I've never played any of the sequels so alot of the goods that most of you were already expecting where a nice first time experience for me.

After 5 hours of playtime, the only thing I could actually complain about is the player movement. It could benefit by being a little more fluid /organic, and not so clean cut and abrupt if you know what I mean. And because of the plenty full modes of walk, run, sneak etc, I can't seem to get myself a good keybind setup... somewhat not a game issue but preference issue that I need to resolve somehow. But other than that, I really can't say enough good things about it.

If you were not planning on getting this, then you're missing out on one of the greatest gems in the industry :up:

guru
guru
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 08:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why can't a game like this have voice acting on par with something like Uncharted? I'd think this game would be perfect if the voice acting weren't so cringe-worthy at times.

Does it have something to do with the wide variety of dialogue options that makes it hard to get decent voice acting in a game like this, or is it just that they ignore voice acting in place of other details?

To me that would really tie the whole game up into one almost perfect complete package.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 08:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah, the vast amount of dialect that can ensue , surely has a say in it. A game this huge from reputable developer, surely has strict guidelines on completion dates and what not. It is probably something that comes down to the amount of 'takes' they can afford to do.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 08:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
I can't seem to get myself a good keybind setup... somewhat not a game issue but preference issue that I need to resolve somehow. But other than that, I really can't say enough good things about it.

Get a wired 360 controller for your pc, the interface was made for it.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 08:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Definitely gunna have to grab this (and upgrade, fuck) one now! Tsakali, check into alchemy, great way to boost skill level and give yourself a leg up in battle. Some poisons can stack, IE: 5x with a potion to slow movement might knock an opponent out for ten seconds then you can just thrash him while he sleeps. Good for the unexpected ogre, etc.

Layout made for XBOX controller eh.. I seem to recall the bindings for Oblivion being clunky to a degree simply due to their number.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 08:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been using one, even the rumble works...also this from Kotaku.

Quote:
This is partly a matter of personal preference, but Skyrim (unmodded) offers nothing unique in its PC control scheme past the precision of the mouse. Like it or not, the user interface has been designed with console controllers in mind, and it works perfectly with a plugged in Xbox 360 controller. Furthermore, the swing and crash of melee combat feels much more natural with a controller than a mouse and keyboard. Give the controller a shot. It's nice.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 09:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have that controller. Is the aiming ok? Never used it for FPSs

Alchemy sounds cool, just need to get used to the concept.

Give Me Love
Give Me Love
PostPosted: 11-12-2011 09:27 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

epic

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-13-2011 12:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

been playing all weekend. its a gem alright! very happy with it so far.

bling bling
bling bling
PostPosted: 11-13-2011 01:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i was super on the border with this game and purchased it on a whim. super happy about that. i find myself just roaming around and having fun with all the crazy random shit that can happen.

was doing some mountain climbing and then noticed some sparks flying around down below. went to investigate and found two dead mages that had been duking it out. later i took on a mamoth only to be persued by it AND a giant.

this game is great in that i can drop in for 20 minutes and do whatever or plop down for a several hour gaming session.

the only thing that keeps tripping me up is the inventory system. i keep overburdening myself with loot i wanna sell but without any merchants to sell it to because i drain them of all their coin. as a result i'm always poor.

does buying property give me any money back in rerturn?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-13-2011 06:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The quests are piling up!

Stu, I often find myself overloading my character too. A house is probably the best way to remedy our hoarding. A cheap house is just fine for storing shit and then selling it all later for a lump sum. I think you can buy a house in Whiterun for $5000.

Fuck me this game is good...

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 11-13-2011 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Amazing game.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 11-13-2011 07:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
The quests are piling up!

Stu, I often find myself overloading my character too. A house is probably the best way to remedy our hoarding. A cheap house is just fine for storing shit and then selling it all later for a lump sum. I think you can buy a house in Whiterun for $5000.

Fuck me this game is good...

Also, don't forget your companions can carry items for you...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-13-2011 11:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So far my impression is quite positive. I'm enjoying the questing and gameplay a lot more than Oblivion. The graphics may not be super stellar on the PC but they are still very good and the expansive environments make up for any lack.

As a leftie the keybindings on PC are awkward since I don't use WASD. I think I will have to buy a xbox controller though it seems a little silly as I'll probably only use it with this game. Like I said before the PC release really was an afterthought for Bethesda, but at least they did a release for PC or else I wouldn't be playing this game (don't play enough games to justify buying a console).

puzl
puzl
PostPosted: 11-13-2011 12:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://donotargue.com/cfg-makers/skyrim/

For the PC users who want to turn everything on max (past the standard ultra settings), this will do the trick. Just make sure your PC has enough VRAM.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.