Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        What are you listening to right now while mapping?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What are you listening to right now while mapping?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-02-2005 01:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rammstein
AC-DC
Cradle of flith
Jack johnson
Movie and Computer game soundtracks
Guess that wont have much chanche in that art of topics.
:icon30:

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-02-2005 01:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Cake
Radiohead
Manic Street Preachers
Björk
Nada Surf
Sigur Rôs
Marcy Playground
System of a Down
Starlight Mints

Simply, music that inspires me..

Last edited by sumatra on 11-04-2005 08:24 AM, edited 1 time in total.

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 11-02-2005 01:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have 4 playlists in winamp. Whatever's on.

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 11-03-2005 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nine Inch Nails
Gorillaz
Deltron 3030
Røyksopp
Stereophonics
Metallica
Soilwork
Bee Gees
Jamiroquai
Pendulum

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-03-2005 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

voodoochopstiks wrote:
Nine Inch Nails
Gorillaz
Deltron 3030
Røyksopp
Stereophonics
Metallica
Soilwork
Bee Gees
Jamiroquai
Pendulum

Most of them I don't know exept Metallica & stereophinics.
Anyone know's eek a mouse? He was at my Town for a while and was a really good one normally I dont like reaggie but he is really one of the gods in that scene...

Lasery Roboty
Lasery Roboty
PostPosted: 11-03-2005 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

RE: Eek A Mouse
Don't like him much, I find his tunes a bit shaky and not really that nice musically. Doesn't make for nice mapping music, but concerts are probably fun.

And you must have heard of Gorillaz & The Bee Gee's at least? Bee Gee's made "Staying Alive" among others, and Gorillaz made "Clint Eastwood", "Feel Good Inc.", "DARE" and alotta other ones. Also, I forgot to add Daft Punk to my original list.

|nn/ ROBOT ROCK! \nn|

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 11-03-2005 06:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sumatra wrote:
Cake
Radiohead
Manic Street Preachers
Björk
Nada Surf
Sigur Rôs
Marcy Playground
System of a Down
Starlight Mints.

My man
:icon25:

This explains some things.

Except... system of a down sucks. You can say old stuff or whatever to undeniably justify it if you want to feel secure.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-04-2005 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

voodoochopstiks wrote:
RE: Eek A Mouse
Don't like him much, I find his tunes a bit shaky and not really that nice musically. Doesn't make for nice mapping music, but concerts are probably fun.

And you must have heard of Gorillaz & The Bee Gee's at least? Bee Gee's made "Staying Alive" among others, and Gorillaz made "Clint Eastwood", "Feel Good Inc.", "DARE" and alotta other ones. Also, I forgot to add Daft Punk to my original list.

|nn/ ROBOT ROCK! \nn|

Ah yes the concert of him was verry nice...also liked the girls there.
Probabbly the bee gee's not sure if they are in the hitlist.
I know clint eastwood but I don't like all movies from him even I dont know so much from him.
Daft punk I dont know , also forgot in list marliyn manson and nin and pink floyd.
After that long time system of a down?
I also dont know much about starlight mints and marcy playground.
Tool is cool lol dont we have a mapper here or guy who is called lenard?
soad - die lenard
Rofl..
That's for sure some music tipps and yeah maybe we will loose all inspirations from mapping while listening eek a mouse.:)

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-04-2005 08:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
sumatra wrote:
Cake
Radiohead
Manic Street Preachers
Björk
Nada Surf
Sigur Rôs
Marcy Playground
System of a Down
Starlight Mints.

My man
:icon25:

This explains some things.

Except... system of a down sucks. You can say old stuff or whatever to undeniably justify it if you want to feel secure.

:D

They're very virtous and have some nice musical expressions.
If you are very interested in music, at least you have to understand their music, you don't have to like it.
The implementation is another question, but the musical understanding and the awesome creativity is huge.

Hope you understand my escapade...

sum

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-04-2005 10:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Surley I do. sum
I belive there aren't that much music bands who want's to let you understand their songs.
Mostly of time I'm listening to the ac-dc 80's.
They sounds smooth like jack johnson.
Btw..I have to collect some mure knowledge about the musical artists i mean it's not bad to know something about them.
Anyway, does anybody have a good link for know more about the ase file format or any formats we have since windows and apple are here?
I would laugh if someone cames and let get the 3 big one's crash.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 11-05-2005 05:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Alot of system that I hear is just by far too novel. You are right, I haven't taken the time to learn about their ultimate goal or purpose, but they are doing a very good job of hooking me.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-06-2005 03:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just wanted to add: I'm a neurotic CD purchaser.
I get the hell of money out of my purse just for music.... but I like it :icon31:

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 11-06-2005 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...purse?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-06-2005 09:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lenard wrote:
...purse?

....ermmm
moneybag? :icon31:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 11-06-2005 10:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wallet? :p

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-07-2005 08:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fjoggs wrote:
wallet? :p

:icon26:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.