Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        KatsBits is a millionaire!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: KatsBits is a millionaire!

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 12:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A bit of pimping; KatsBits hit a million page views last month from visits by peeps over the last 3 years. May not seem like much for 3 years but it's not too shabby for a site not sitting on the back end of a major network, heh. Anyway, more fun to come, seems people still need good tutorials and info ;)

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 01:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats, Kat.

You have a good thing going, I used your site quite a bit for Q4 editing.

There are a lot of tutorials for Blender on your site (plus I lurk on D3W, so I know you're a bit of a Blender-fan).
I'm experimenting with COD4 these days and see Silicone_Milk found a way to get Blender stuff into COD4, so those tuts will come in handy indeed.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 02:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah congrats Kat.

Great work with the site.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nice one!

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks chaps! :D

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 12:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Woot! Congratulations Kat! :D
I'm happy to see that the site has grown so much :)

(glad to see my tut is helping some people out ;) Let me know if you have any questions concerning the tut Plan B)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 02:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats Kat. I'll click on your site a few more times today just for prosperity's sake.

(For a second there, I thought you won the lottery or something. Would you trade a million clicks for a million dollars/pounds?)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Congrats Kat. I'll click on your site a few more times today just for prosperity's sake.

(For a second there, I thought you won the lottery or something. Would you trade a million clicks for a million dollars/pounds?)
Yes I would.. and I'd invest some of it back into the community, probably invest in some (original) mods, give them a fiscal incentive to finish ;)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 05:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was a rhetorical question. On the other hand, you don't have to be a millionaire to send me money. :)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-26-2008 07:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
That was a rhetorical question. On the other hand, you don't have to be a millionaire to send me money. :)
Aye.. but you won't get any without a mod! :sly:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 03-27-2008 03:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

and now you have some more hits :up:

btw there's some good stuff on your site. i note you even branched out a little into UT3-related stuff. i had no idea UT3 static meshes were done in 3DS (UT2 meshes were done in maya iirc), but it's interesting to learn that so many engines can be modelled for in blender. don't spose there's a blender pipeline to the HL2 model format? there's a limited version of softimage that's available free for that purpose but if i'm going to learn yet another 3D app i'd rather it was a versatile one whose full version was free

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 03-27-2008 01:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's the beauty of Blender Seremtan. If support for a format doesn't exist, it can be added through Python :)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-27-2008 07:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
and now you have some more hits :up:

btw there's some good stuff on your site. i note you even branched out a little into UT3-related stuff. i had no idea UT3 static meshes were done in 3DS (UT2 meshes were done in maya iirc), but it's interesting to learn that so many engines can be modelled for in blender. don't spose there's a blender pipeline to the HL2 model format? there's a limited version of softimage that's available free for that purpose but if i'm going to learn yet another 3D app i'd rather it was a versatile one whose full version was free
Blender hasn't yet got the ability to directly export to MDL (?), but given what Silicone_Milk just said, it *can* be added. The irony is that given how popular HL is I'm actually surprised that no one from that community has stumped up and done the appropriate scripts; too 1337 to do it I guess :sly:

Untested linkage to a py file that seems to export static MDL files
http://forums.inside3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=9726#9726

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-28-2008 09:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congratulations kat! It is really a great, informative site.

Here's to a million more :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-30-2008 09:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A very cool, informative site. It is always interesting to read what you have been up to lately.

Congrats.
Sims

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 03-31-2008 10:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Congrats. :up:

You're site helped me many a time way back when in the day. :cool:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 04-01-2008 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

didn't help you with your spelling though :p

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.