Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Telling Radiant that a texture is a clip texture

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Telling Radiant that a texture is a clip texture

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 03-22-2008 04:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to tell Radiant that a texture is a clip texture?

I'm creating a map for quake2world atm and they're using a custom clip texture. It works fine in-game, but I can't use View-Filter->Clips in Radiant, which is pretty annoying (clips are not filtered when I use it).

I've had a look at the file in radiant/games/q2.game and it's got the following lines (the one for q2w looks the same, at least for those lines):

Code:
cont7="mist"
cont17="playerclip"
cont18="monsterclip"
cont19="current_0"

Looks like it has something to do with it, but I don't understand what to do. Ideas, anyone?

I'm using the latest Radiant 1.5 from svn on linux/x86, downloaded & compiled 2 days ago.

Last edited by dichtfux on 03-25-2008 01:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-22-2008 05:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AFAIK, Radiant just parses the name of the shader. For instance, skip won't be filtered with hints, but if you rename it hintskip, it will.

clueless
clueless
PostPosted: 03-22-2008 06:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hm, the texture is already named common/clip.

(Note that this is q2 and that the default clip texture is e1u1/clip or something like that.)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-25-2008 11:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I solved this by creating a shaderlist.txt and common.shader in $datadir/default/scripts.
I also added the following to q2w.game, it tells radiant where it can find the shader scripts:
Code:
shaderpath="scripts"

I've tried this with gtkradiant 1.5 and it resolves the clip issue. As a bonus,
I added semi-transparency to common/clip, common/hint and common/trigger.

The relevant changes are in quake2world SVN :)

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-25-2008 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks for the enlightenment Ingar--you kick ass!

It's not often that we get a Q2-related question on here... :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.