Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Problem (big) with compilling

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Problem (big) with compilling

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-28-2010 01:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I have problem with compilling of my map! I was working on terrain, everything was ok, but suddenly, when I added 16 (!) brushes, some of the old brushes (in red circles) gone "invisible" but still making collide. Does anybody know what, the hell, is happening? I did nothing with this brushes, I was working in absolutely different part of the map and anyway, this happend with brushes which were no edited and were ok one compile before.

Please help :(

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 03-28-2010 05:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bad brushes? Visible caulk? Guess I'd probably select and delete them, then remake.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 03-28-2010 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Make a backup of your current map, so you can experiment without losing anything.

In a copy of the map, delete the recent brushes you added. Does the problem go away? Then you know that the brushes you added caused the problem, and that there's something wrong there.

If the problem doesn't go away when you delete the recent brushes you added, then, yeah, try just deleting and remaking the brushes that have visual problems...but it sounds like something's wrong with your recent changes...

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-28-2010 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I used to run into this problem when I had too many split faces in my terrain. Make sure you split brushes up into triangles before you do any odd vertex manipulations that will split a face into two planes.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-29-2010 06:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey Noruen,

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I'm running into the same problem and it's not duplicate planes this time. Remaking the brushes doesn't help. :(

Let me know,
-pat

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-30-2010 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How about making those brushes details? If you dont have them already...

Multidirectional
Multidirectional
PostPosted: 05-30-2010 07:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidians advice, select the brushes that are screwy... select inverse, copy into a new map...

remake the missing brushes..
compile.. see if that solves it.. usually works for similar type issues with bobtoolz phantom brushes

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-30-2010 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pat - yes, I figured it out. It is simply.. undefined error. But when I deleted incrimined brushes, replaced it by new, it helped :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.