Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        [CoD 4] - TOXEC v.0.1 Released

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [CoD 4] - TOXEC v.0.1 Released

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-14-2008 07:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wanted to let those of you interested in modeling for Call of Duty 4 that the tool I've been working on has an alpha out now.

Get it here: http://files.filefront.com/TOXECzip/;10 ... einfo.html

I'm still working some kinks out and Ill be adding .xsi file format support to get bones for animations working. Right now it only supports creation of static meshes.

If you don't know about it, TOXEC is "The Obj to Xmodel_Export Converter". Basically you use the modeling program of your choice, export the model to .obj then use this tool on it to get a functional .xmodel_export file.

If you spot any bugs that arent listed in the readme.txt please be sure to let me know.

Thanks!

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 04-15-2008 01:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice one :up:

Over the years I have become pretty handy using Radiant, and at this point I CSG stuff in Radiant that could probably be handled better by a modeling app.

I'm learning Blender so I can finally mess around with models, at the moment for CoD4.
I'm just interested in making simple static meshes, so I'm not worried about the lack of animation support.

I see myself having a strange workflow, where I rough out ASEs in Radiant and then import and detail them into Blender, and then export them back into CoD4 again.
But I think that's the only for me to have a grasp on scale, at first.

Wish I had more time sooner, but I'll try to report back on how I fare using this tool this weekend.
Thanks for your efforts.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 04-15-2008 11:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks Plan B.

There's something I talked about in the original thread posted on Infinity Ward's forums that I failed to mention here and on the readme.txt

There's an issue where you have to name the Material entry in Ass Man a certain name or the texture wont get applied to the model and you'll probably get an error when trying to convert the xmodel entry.

When naming your Material entry you need to name it texturename_col. For instance, if I had a texture named redbrown_wood.tga I would make the entry in Ass Man named redbrown_wood_col

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 05-03-2008 06:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Started work on the next version of this tool called AXE (DAE Xmodel_Export)

Removing support for the .obj model format and replacing it with COLLADA's .dae format.

This will fix current known bugs and add support for skeletal structures (animations).

Pretty kickass if you ask me.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 12-29-2010 08:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Necrobump.. what's the status on this tool Silicone? Did you ever get it finish up to a releasable state?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 12-29-2010 10:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol wow. I don't remember ever starting this thread here.

It's kind of a long story but the CoD 4 modding community got broken up and the remainder pretty much gave me a big "fuck you" so I stopped working on anything CoD related.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.