Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        GtkRadiant 1.6.3 Released

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: GtkRadiant 1.6.3 Released

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 11-04-2012 09:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GtkRadiant 1.6.3
Urban Terror support improved, QuakeLive support added.

Quote:
The main item for this release is the addition of QuakeLive support. This includes support for the encrypted paks, and png textures support (including on models). bspc.exe (for bot navigation files), and a version of q3map2 with QuakeLive support is provided as well.

The Urban Terror support has been improved as well. The default compiler for UrT is now the modified compiler that was release by FrozenSand, with the lighting model that UrT level designers are accustomed to.

The installers are available in the downloads section.

You are encouraged to run this latest version and if you experience any issues, you can report them here or on the IRC channel.

Official GtkRadiant Site:
http://icculus.org/gtkradiant/

GitHub Project Page:
https://github.com/TTimo/GtkRadiant

Mailing List:
http://icculus.org/mailman/listinfo/gtkradiant

Post your thoughts and bug reports below. Thanks.

Filing a bug report:
  • Make sure to summarizes the problem.
  • Accurately describe how to reproduce the bug in precise steps. If it cannot be reproduced, it will be difficult to fix.
  • Precisely describe the observed result and the expected result.
  • Check your settings and configuration in case these are relevant to the problem.
  • Make sure you list your relevant hardware, operating system, version of GtkRadiant, or any other system information.

Señor Shambler
Señor Shambler
PostPosted: 11-05-2012 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:up: <-- phpbb's primitive like button

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 11-05-2012 07:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know someone named Kaz. He's a total badass.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 11-05-2012 09:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yay! quakelive support!

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 11-06-2012 12:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost must be overjoyed.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-28-2012 06:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
CZghost must be overjoyed.

Hmm. I realy want to know how my name tastes for the reason many of people have taken that in their mouth...

:up: for the QL support, finaly the right decision :)

//EDIT: Users may to set up the supported games ownselves? If so, there's a problem:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes"?>
<game
  name="Quake Live"
  enginepath_win32="%APPDATA%\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3"
  gametools_win32="F:/Program Files/ZeroRadiant/installs/QLPack/game"
  prefix=".q3a"
  basegame="baseq3"
/>

%APPDATA% is actualy replaced by system settings that contains user name so it's reason I've replaced it by system var...

The standalone may be set up on yes and prefix should stay .q3a?
I'm not sure it's working because Quake Live is a bit different than VQ3 and not sure the engine is quite the same or it's on a bit different base... I know it's regular Quake 3 with additional advertisments support contained in IBSPv47 filetype, but also render core is a bit different. For example HOM effect has been removed and there's much uglier white effect...
Sound system has been changed: WAV files are no longer supported, OGG vorbis has been added...

Is the previously written code right for Quake Live mapping set up?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-28-2012 04:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake Live and Quake 3 maps are almost perfectly identical in functionality. There is no need for any extra changes, aside from the ad support and the new bsp format. Quake Live maps will run perfectly in Q3 and vice-versa, so long as the version is corrected.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-28-2012 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have no idea what all this is about. Quake Live is now officially supported for the very reason that you don't have to manually twiddle with whatever-the-heck you are doing. All you have to do is start up GtkRadiant and point it to your Quake Live folder and it does everything else for you.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-29-2012 01:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
I have no idea what all this is about. Quake Live is now officially supported for the very reason that you don't have to manually twiddle with whatever-the-heck you are doing. All you have to do is start up GtkRadiant and point it to your Quake Live folder and it does everything else for you.

Maybe I like hand-editing :)

//EDIT: Radiant have tagged QL folder as it has no permissions. Should I copy quakelive somewhere it should be writable or have to give that folder persmissons?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-29-2012 11:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just downloaded it to have a look ;D I'm used to 1.5.

Two things I noticed already:
In the texture browser, can I get the directory list on the left back? Or is there some easier way than having to use the texture menu at the top? Also is there a way to stop it being always on top?

Thanks for the work on the editor, its really nice that its been updated, especially with QL support :)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-30-2012 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Some people prefer the 1.4/1.6 interface. The GtkRadiant 1.5 texture browser and other 1.5 interface options are on the to-do list as configurable options on future versions.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-30-2012 07:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ah ok, thanks. I suppose its not a big deal really, I've got a second monitor I can add, so when I do that it shouldn't be any problem for me.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 01-05-2013 06:24 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ZeroRadiant gets failure on Quake Live mapping environment:

System cannot find textures/radiant/notex - the most important-shit texture required to load up environment.
The texture is already placed in pk3 file and placed in baseq3 folder...

I used WolfCamQL directory, as established in cityy's tutorial for setting up QL mapping environment...

//EDIT: Solved, I had to copy content of ql.game to quakelive.game that have been set up...

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what are the 1 to 8 "level" buttons in the UI menu? any way to enable shift+mouse-drag selection in 2d view?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-05-2013 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They don't do anything unless you are working on UFO:Alien Invasion. They'll probably be disabled in the future if you don't have that mod installed.

Drag selection was introduced in 1.5 but it conflicts with the paint selection feature in 1.4/1.6. Both are popular features so some kind of accommodation is still being worked out.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-04-2013 04:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a little problem to compile the map, the AAS and load the map.

As menu entries to compile the map and the AAS are different I can't check the option to load the map after compiling, so I tried to create a single entry to compile both.

Now the problem is that the AAS doesn't compile because it doesn't accept the -fs_game parameter. Since the project is configured for a mod this parameter is always added to $.

To compile AAS and load the map I use a bat file but I have to run it separately and I'd rather do it from the BSP menu. The problem is I don't know how to pass the map name to the bat file, without the -fs_game parameter. Any idea? How do you do this?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-05-2013 06:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you're working on a mod, you need to tell GtkRadiant that you are actually working off of a mod directory. Your mod is normally in Quake3\modname while the default Q3 game directory is Quake3\baseq3. Change your project file to point to your mod directory. See File > Project Settings.

Do that first and also post your bat file so I can actually see what you're doing with it.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 05-05-2013 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The project is already configured for a mod, the basepath is ".../Quake III Arena/EntityPlus/" and fs_game is "EntityPlus". The problem is that I can't compile the AAS file from the BSP menu because "-fs_game EntityPlus" is added to $ and BSPC doesn't accept that parameter.

To fix this I use this bat file:
Code:
"C:/Program Files/GtkRadiant-1.6-20121007/bspc" -optimize -threads 2 -forcesidesvisible -bsp2aas maps/%1.bsp

I simply copied the menu entry command and changed "$" to "maps /% 1.bsp". It is placed in the mod directory and I run it from the command line with the name of the map.

I would like to compile the map and AAS file without using a bat file, how do you this?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.