Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        QuakeWiki.net open to submissions

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: QuakeWiki.net open to submissions

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 04:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have decided to allow access to QuakeWiki.net, and allow users to post news, information, mods, tutorials, wiki entries and more.

http://www.quakewiki.net/account/

I have created several new categories for News, Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake 3 and Quake Live and more categories can be created on request. Content will be moderated for a while, and the account page will be tweaked in the next weeks for easier access. The site is built on WordPress, so it will be fairly easy to post and edit content.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 05:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like this. But asking Q3W for Quake content is like asking a clown to tell a joke...

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:) I was just promoting it, not sure if anyone here would be interested in contributing.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 08:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi, I hope you don't mind, but I moved your topic to the Level Editing and Modeling section where you are likely to get a more serious response. GD is a different crowd.

I like the site and I see you have some of the really old archives from PlanetQuake, I'm glad someone was able to save as part of that stuff from disappearing from the internet. It probably needs a bit of sorting since there are no descriptions.

I'm a little confused since you said that there are new categories for Q2, Q3, QL, but I only see links and sections for Q1, PQ, and DP. I'm guessing you haven't made those sections public yet?

Anyway, nice work.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-07-2014 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi @obsidian, those categories are available when adding new content. I'm just doing an initial experiment right now to see how it works.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-11-2014 02:12 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ciprian, if you're the person responsible for QuakeWiki, then I'd like to thank you for saving, among others, our site from certain death when PlanetQuake stopped hosting sites.

We lost the html and css files and all content for our website and I was able to salvage most of it from QuakeWiki and relaunch the website under our own domain at http://www.theenginesofcreation.com. I didn't know QuakeWiki had mirrored it and I more or less accidentally ran into it.

Since then the site went through a redesign and part of the content was ejected again to have a more narrow content focus but if it wasn't for QuakeWiki, the site might never have seen the light of day anymore.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-21-2014 01:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks @Eraser. I'm doing my best!

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 05-22-2014 03:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You should probably hit up Func_Msgboard too, that community is still very active in the Q1 Mapping scene.

http://celephais.net/board/

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-22-2014 06:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

... which is quite unlike this lurker ^

;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.