Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Opposing Teams gameplay video on YouTube

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Opposing Teams gameplay video on YouTube

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-01-2014 09:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I converted my demo recorded while playing my map Opposing Teams to AVI and sent it to YouTube. This is result. It has quite poor quality, reason is the original video was too big to upload it somewhere, so I had to reduce size by scaling it down and convert it to DivX codec, which is quite lossy proccess and result is grainy and blured video :( I will install DivX codecs for VirtualDub, in which I made the video from images sequence and sound file.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-01-2014 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't see the map.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-02-2014 07:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where do you mean? At the YouTube? Yeah, I am sorry, it's pretty grainy and blured, but the only way to upload it under 30 minutes... If the video does not appear to you, try to install latest version of Adobe Flash Player. If you mean lvlworld.com, try to use search field and type opposing teams, a map by CZghost should appear in the list... Also you will need to install Team Arena copy (from steam or anywhere you got it) if you do not have...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-02-2014 01:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, I meant there have been good tutorials and high quality movies for well over a decade... If you want people to try your map, it's best to present it at the highest quality possible.

Getting started...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-03-2014 05:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@spookminer: There is probably misunderstandment between us. Review for the map is on lvlworld.com sites, just try to search and you will get detailed description of the map by EmeraldTiger as well as high quality screenshots, panorama and sample gameplay video by Tig, who maintains the review sites...

Visit http://lvlworld.com/review/id:2240 to view the review. If the video can't play for you, there must be something wrong in your drivers...

To download the map use one of the links provided in Download section or right under the review. To be able play the map you need to own an installed copy of Team Arena. Once you downloaded the map, exctract ZIP file contain and copy PK3 in your quake3/missionpack folder on your HDD...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.