Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        iPod nano complainers can hush it...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: iPod nano complainers can hush it...

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 05:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do any nano owners here have scratch problems on their screens? A few weeks ago I was reading stories about iPod nano owners filing class-action lawsuits for the supposedly easily-scratchable screen on the nano that makes the screens unreadable. I went down to the local apple store, which is in a very busy mall and checked out the nanos they had on display there. The things were battered and scratched from all the people handling them, but not one had a noticable scratch on the screen and all were perfectly functional.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mine's all scratched up, but the screen's still fine.

riddla wrote:
love my nano :icon14:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
Do any nano owners here have scratch problems on their screens? A few weeks ago I was reading stories about iPod nano owners filing class-action lawsuits for the supposedly easily-scratchable screen on the nano that makes the screens unreadable. I went down to the local apple store, which is in a very busy mall and checked out the nanos they had on display there. The things were battered and scratched from all the people handling them, but not one had a noticable scratch on the screen and all were perfectly functional.

so what you're saying is: since you saw one at a store with the screen looking OK, the all the people that are having problems with their screens are making this up?

do some research before flapping your mouth. Apple admitted some were faulty.

the screens were decidely "soft" according to even Apple zealots, not just your avg. shmuck.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 06:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm going by my experiences, yes. I saw many at the store with scratches, and all were in perfect working order. And do your own reading on your link there buddy. Apple admitted faults that lead to cracks, not scratches:

Quote:
Apple says a manufacturing problem has left screens on one batch vulnerable to cracks and is offering replacements.

It says the problem affects fewer than a tenth of 1% of all Nanos shipped.

However, it denies claims the Nanos are more prone to scratching than other models.

So screw off. :p

PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Nano seems unmatched among flash mp3 players, unlike the shittier iPod shuffle.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I never understood the shuffle, but seeing the mini made it that much more desireable. The shuffle is a cool keychain I guess, but I think the screen is what makes the ipod so cool.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
I'm going by my experiences, yes. I saw many at the store with scratches, and all were in perfect working order. And do your own reading on your link there buddy. Apple admitted faults that lead to cracks, not scratches:

Quote:
Apple says a manufacturing problem has left screens on one batch vulnerable to cracks and is offering replacements.

It says the problem affects fewer than a tenth of 1% of all Nanos shipped.

However, it denies claims the Nanos are more prone to scratching than other models.

So screw off. :p

NO U

i was trying to link to the 1 million page Nano thread at Apple's forum, but i cannot find it. hm.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
I never understood the shuffle, but seeing the mini made it that much more desireable. The shuffle is a cool keychain I guess, but I think the screen is what makes the ipod so cool.

you mean the nano? or DO you mean the ipod?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the iPod, all inclusive except the shuffle.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the PSP also scratches easy...

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
the iPod, all inclusive except the shuffle.

technically, when you JUST say ipod, you're referring to the 5G with video, not the others.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
the PSP also scratches easy...

funny that they don't have an uproar of people complaining about it.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, these days when you say iPod, you're technically referring to this:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, they're referring to the ipod which is to the extreme right.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not when you say something like "I like having a screen, which is what makes the ipod so great". In that case you're eliminating the ipod that doesnt have a screen, which is the one on the left, leaving the other two ipod types. Why is this so difficult?

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
Not when you say something like "I like having a screen, which is what makes the ipod so great". In that case you're eliminating the ipod that doesnt have a screen, which is the one on the left, leaving the other two ipod types. Why is this so difficult?

you're wrong. you're making it difficult. take a look at your picture. what does it say next to the device to the far right?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There's nothing under the device to the far right.

...technically speaking, that is.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

*edited* keep your paws off of F5, flyboy.

canis
canis

We could call it "quote"...

Pointless argument. The iPod shuffle should be scrapped and replaced by a device of similar size WITH a screen and wireless remote (a novel feature that would make it stand out).

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
Chuggacawk just loves to argue pointless shit into the ground so far it comes out somewhere in China. ffs.

oh, here comes back up. welcome, d1ckface.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:52 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:

If you have well selected playlists the screen is unecessary. Combine that with the fact that the shuffle can be used as a flash drive with no cable required and its a great tool/toy.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
Pointless argument. The iPod shuffle should be scrapped and replaced by a device of similar size WITH a screen and wireless remote (a novel feature that would make it stand out).

i'm not feeling the wireless remote bit.

PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
Massive Quasars wrote:

Then it can be an option, that or a corded remote like some of the MD players have. I'm feeling it just fine.

Last edited by Massive Quasars on 11-16-2005 07:54 PM, edited 1 time in total.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
d1ckface.

still afraid to spell naughty words like the big boys eh? :olo:

still play on names like a schoolgirl, eh? :olo:

canis
canis

Tormentius wrote:
Canis wrote:

If you have well selected playlists the screen is unecessary. Combine that with the fact that the shuffle can be used as a flash drive with no cable required and its a great tool/toy.

hmm. I guess so...I've personally never been into playlist making. I love the smart playlists because it selects all of one type of music from my library and updates dynamically. I guess I could have the thing update from one of these playlists, but still I'd prefer one of the other ipods for that.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I clicked refresh fully expecting there to be 6 more posts...

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
Massive Quasars wrote:

Then it can be an option, that or corded remote like some of the MD players have. I'm feeling it just fine.

i'm not sure how many people would find that very useful is all. i've not heard anyone complaining about a nano not having a wireless remote. maybe it's an accessory?

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:

why 6 when i can own you in one?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You could walk around change the song others are listening to...that would be childishly fun.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
Canis wrote:

why 6 when i can own you in one?

Oh god! :olo:

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well, you posted a pic that made you own yourself. good job.

PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
You could walk around change the song others are listening to...that would be childishly fun.

It would indeed.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 07:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your fickle point is still on your mind?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-16-2005 08:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
Canis wrote:

It would indeed.

I used to really want one of those TV remote watches so I could turn on the TV in school or change the channel of my neighbor's TV. :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.