Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        1.32 upgrade

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 1.32 upgrade

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-02-2005 02:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bet you guys are sick of hearing about OSX related issues but when I download the 1.32 osx patch and try and install it, installer fails and says "Couldn't open "Quake3-132-Jaguar.pkg". I have had the same problem with the Altivec one.

I tried to use Pacifist to open the .pkg but it comes up with an error saying "The BOM file for the package “Quake3-132-Jaguar.pkg” does not seem to exist. Make sure that you have not renamed the package."

I'm pretty new to the Mac world so I'm sorry if this is all trivial to you guys. I was just trying to sort it so I can play Q3 over the University LAN (and I'm guessing we need to run the same update version to connect to windows players).

Oh yeah, tech specs might help:
Imac Mini 1.42ghz, 512mb ram, ATI radeon 9200 32mb (i think).
OSX Tiger 10.4.3, current Quake version is 1.31 and runs in OSX. I installed off the Quake III Gold disc if this makes any difference.

Muchos Gracias. :icon26:

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-25-2005 05:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah. I got the same problem and it would be nice to know what is wrong.. so please, someone help us :)

canis
canis
PostPosted: 12-25-2005 09:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The package will be called "Quake3-132-Altivectest2.pkg" or something like that. The official one from id software does not have the name "Jaguar" in it at all.

Download the installer from here: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/5991

Give that a shot and see if it works.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-26-2005 03:26 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had the same problem with the file :Quake3-132-AltivecTest2.pkg .. didnt open and the error message was exactly the same...

I downloaded the non g4 upgrade.. quake3-132.pkg.sit. file size was about 27 mb but when I decompress it with stuffit expander, the result file quake3-132.pkg is only 60 kb in size. that still works when I double click and install it but it only makes a quake3 folder to applications folder and nothing more... so we still got the problem.. any solutions ?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 12-26-2005 09:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm at my folks' house right now, but when I get home later today I'll zip up the quake3 update along with the necessary pak files that come with the updates, and host them for you to download. If its a case of the installer not working then this will overcome that.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-26-2005 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

let's hope it is because of that.. and thank you very much :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 12-26-2005 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

got legit copy?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 12-26-2005 04:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He's got the Q3 gold CD, so I'm figuring so. I'm only packing up the Q3 applications, punkbuster installer, and pak files associated with the updates.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 12-26-2005 05:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here's the zipped file: http://homepage.mac.com/tkessler/.Public/Q3.zip

Should be 28.6MB

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-28-2005 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thank's. that worked out. I was almost about to lose my hope :) now I'm glad :>> I only need to dl reaction quake 3 mod and everything is great

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.