Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Crashing...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Crashing...

canis
canis
PostPosted: 12-15-2005 11:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I figured it out. I turned off s_doppler and I no longer crash (or at least havent yet with a shitload of playing on the CROM servers).

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 12:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What does s_doppler do Canis, and do you just set it to 0 in the config file?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 01:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you can do it in the config file, or do it in the console with "\s_doppler 0".

It adds an effect to the sounds of projectiles as they fly by your character in the game. It can be cool, but doesnt really do much and they didnt perfect it in the mac version, so its riddled with bugs and when you get hit with the rocket launcher or plasma gun it crashes the game. Before turning it off I would crash quite often, sometimes several times per game. Since turning it off I havent crashed once.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 01-16-2006 01:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I was having the same problem.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-07-2006 03:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks alot Canis, you did figur it out.

It's now working on my G5 Quad, OS 10.4.6.

Thanks again.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 07-26-2006 07:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just want to say -> Thank you, and it's kicking at 200fps very stable:)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.