Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Not warez, now help

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Not warez, now help

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-20-2006 08:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok so i downloaded the q3a demo from apple and the graphics are still messed up. Im using new powermac g5 with a GeForce 6600LE graphics card i think. Whereever i download the 1.32 point release it always has an error when i open it. How can i fix this?

canis
canis
PostPosted: 02-20-2006 08:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The demo is not updated to run on OS X. In order to run on OS X, you will have to have a purchased version of the game. The 1.32 patch will not work with the demo.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-20-2006 08:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I run the demo on os 9 because it requires me to use classic. And i mean that whereever i download 1.23 point realease i get an error 17535 from stuffit. I can run the demo fine the graphics are just twisted, ill get a screenshot one sec....

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-20-2006 09:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

canis
canis
PostPosted: 02-21-2006 08:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dont have any experience running the demo in the classic environment. I would expect it to not run properly, and hence you have the graphics problems. The 1.32 patch will not work with the demo, and you will not be able to run the demo natively in OS X. You might try looking in the baseq3 folder to see if the any .pak files have been extracted. Sometimes extracting these files will cause graphics problems. If this doesnt work, I can only suggest you buy the game and update it properly to run in OS X.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-21-2006 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Do you know why i cant open the point release 1.23.sit? I get error:17535 when i try to, I havnt even been able to try to install it.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 02-21-2006 11:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No idea. Do you have the latest version of Stuffit expander from Allume systems?

You might try another source for the point release download.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 02-21-2006 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, my stuffit is updated to 10.0 and ive tried every source i could find.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 02-21-2006 03:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well, I cant help you with that. I dont know what the problem is with stuffit. Maybe a reinstall would help. The downloads have always worked for me.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.